PDA

View Full Version : Boston Frozen Four tickets

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

DLG
09-28-2014, 08:32 AM
According to NCAA first e-mail I was supposed to get a sign-up e-mail Friday as I am a priority 17
did anyone get their e-mail Friday as promised. I did not receive it

Ma#1ne Hky
09-28-2014, 09:56 AM
According to NCAA first e-mail I was supposed to get a sign-up e-mail Friday as I am a priority 17
did anyone get their e-mail Friday as promised. I did not receive itI did on Friday(#17)

BU2K
09-28-2014, 10:01 AM
did anyone get their e-mail Friday as promised. I did not receive it

I did also. Did you receive the email in August?

DLG
09-28-2014, 11:35 AM
I did also. Did you receive the email in August?

Yes- I am thinking comcast blocked me this time

Bonin21
09-28-2014, 11:44 AM
Yes- I am thinking comcast blocked me this time
Sounds like your first mistake was using Comcast for email...

BC/HE
09-28-2014, 06:48 PM
Tell me if I have this right or not. The lottery process was changed a few years ago where they sell the tickets from highest priority downward and no longer hold back seats for a general lottery to give first timers a chance to get in. Most times they go through the entire priority list and then it becomes a general ticket sale where first timers do get their chance. A rare occasion is that all seats go during the priority selection process or has this happened at all recently? When Boston had it in 2004 the priority 3's were the last to get tickets while some 2's , 1's and first timers got in through the lottery that held back some seats. The highest priority back then must have been about 7 or 8 so the process only went through either 4 or 5 priorities. Granted not all buyers kept on getting tickets so the top 4 or 5 priorities back then are probably about the same in number as the top 8 to 10 today. Does anyone have a count of these or is this exclusively known by the NCAA? Priority 3's then who got tickets are at least priority 4's now and likely higher. I can't see how tickets will filter down to the low priorities let alone the general public this time basing it on previous Boston FF's. My guess is that tickets will run out somewhere between priority 6 through 8.

TigerFan86-87
09-28-2014, 08:01 PM
Early Returns From The Lottery...

A friend who prefers not to post sent me some early observations via e-mail. Here's an edited version of his remarks. The editing deletes any identifying information. Also, I've taken the liberty of packaging his comments as a numbered list. Obviously "Priority 18" is not a real screen name.

Sincere thanks to Priority 18 for this helpful info. As a Priority 17, my turns comes up Monday. I'll add my thoughts to the mix after completing the purchase.

I am a priority 18 and didn't get to log in exactly at 10:00 am due to work meetings. I did get in by around 11:00 am, though. The selection this year was worse than it was in Pittsburgh and Philly.
As usual, the center ice lower bowl was not available.
The ends in the lower bowl were only available from at best the fifth or sixth rows and up.
The upper bowl center ice sections were only available from about a third to half way up.
The upper bowl ends were available down to about the third or fourth rows.
I was able to find first row in the upper bowl, but they were on the corner. I didn't check all four corners (sick of typing in the security word every time), but the two that I checked had them.
I was going to select seats at the top of one of the lower bowl end sections, but with the price difference ($250 to $205), first row of the upper bowl is just fine with me.
Oh, and speaking of the prices... did anyone bother to order First row seats for $600?? How stupid. Row 1 is 220% of the price of Row 2? Unreal.

LTsatch
09-28-2014, 10:08 PM
Vivid Seats DotCom which seemed to have the most tickets online for Philly at a reasonable rate, already has 150 lower bowl all-session tickets for sale. Interestingly, most of these seats are in rows 2-5. Priced between $500-$1,000. Only a handful of balcony seats so far.

DLG
09-29-2014, 09:28 AM
NCAA resent original sign in e-mail before 8:30 this morning- Nice response
Got ususal tickets high up in section 5
--Saw only corners and ends in lower loge but happy with seats
Picking you own seats has improved the process

pgb-ohio
09-30-2014, 11:30 AM
Boston Follows Pittsburgh's Lead?

Yesterday was my immersion experience in the 2015 Lottery. My personal results were more or less what I expected based on the early returns; I wound up in Loge 16, Row 17. But in terms of the larger picture, I was mildly surprised. This lottery feels a lot like Pittsburgh 2013, as opposed to Boston 2004.

My take on Pittsburgh was that it successfully conducted a lottery with no winners or losers. By no means a disaster, but a rather dubious accomplishment. There were no losers in the sense that everyone who wanted to purchase tickets in the lottery was able to do so. At the same time, cynical staff members attacked the public allotment, skillfully removing any seats that might be described as lottery wins. No matter how high your priority number, you were penned up behind the end lines in the Lower Bowl. Of course the Upper Bowl was a option, but the low rows along the sides were yanked out the mix. In Philly, those seats were available; and IMHO were the best value in 2014. But for Boston, we've regressed back to the Pittsburgh arrangement.

The good news is that I'm now more optimistic that those in the middle and lower priority levels will be able to get into the building. To my eye, seats were surprisingly plentiful within our designated areas. Again, similar to 2013, dissimilar to 2004. Obviously we're still early in the process; stay tuned as the situation continues to unfold.

As for the for the particulars, I'll build on TigerFan's good summary:

I am a priority 18 and didn't get to log in exactly at 10:00 am due to work meetings. I did get in by around 11:00 am, though.Similar problem for me, and then some. I didn't actually log in until Monday evening due to a busy Monday schedule. The good thing was that there was no pressure to make an immediate decision. I checked on an unreasonable number of options before making the final call. But as far as I could tell, my snail's pace didn't cause any loss of position. The tickets I tabbed as frontrunners were still available when I finally pulled the trigger. Now for those logging in right at 10:00 AM on the appointed day, that may not be 100% true. That said, this was an unrushed experience.

The selection this year was worse than it was in Pittsburgh and Philly.Noticeably worse than Philly, but only a little worse than Pittsburgh.

As usual, the center ice lower bowl was not available.
The ends in the lower bowl were only available from at best the fifth or sixth rows and up.
The upper bowl center ice sections were only available from about a third to half way up.Yes, although I did find some Row 3 seats in the ends.

The upper bowl ends were available down to about the third or fourth rows.
I was able to find first row in the upper bowl, but they were on the corner.Don't know about the Upper Bowl directly behind the nets. IMHO the "Scout's View" seats in the corners are decidedly better seats than those directly behind the nets. And while I have a lot of patience for this, there is a limit to how many locations can rationally be checked. See next item.

I didn't check all four corners (sick of typing in the security word every time), but the two that I checked had them.A HUGE AMEN. Every time you wanted to check a new section, you had to pass through security again. And there weren't actual words to type; they were strings of random letters, mostly capital. Very inferior to events that let you browse a map for the best locations.

I was going to select seats at the top of one of the lower bowl end sections, but with the price difference ($250 to $205), first row of the upper bowl is just fine with me.That is indeed the current choice. I went the other way, but you made a solid decision.

Oh, and speaking of the prices... did anyone bother to order First row seats for $600?? How stupid. Row 1 is 220% of the price of Row 2? Unreal.Couldn't agree more. After logging off, I realized I hadn't even bothered to check on the availabilities at $600. That was small fumble in the sense I try to pass on as much information as I can. But good grief. If you've really got $600 to spend, wait for the secondary market and buy the best seats in the house.

Next Post: Best Seats Still On The Board

pgb-ohio
09-30-2014, 12:37 PM
Best Seats Still On The Board
9/30/2014

Obviously this information is going to become dated pretty quickly. But I'm hoping it will be helpful for several days. Even if the exact seats mentioned are gone, the idea is to give you a fairly specific idea of where the best values are. If I can help a few posters streamline their searches -- and avoid some portion of the burdensome security -- it will have been worth it.

Also, let me send out a quick additional thanks out to "Priority 18." He sent me a second e-mail Sunday evening with this type of information. It was helpful and appreciated.

Lowest Row
Row 3 in Loge 5, Loge 8 and Loge 19

Are There ANY Tickets in the Lower Bowl on the Sides?
The best answer is no. But some may find Loge 20 appealing. In comparison to all of the other available Lower Bowl sections, it is somewhat "around the corner." The Top Rows (23-26) were available. Note that none of the analogous sections in the other three corners of the building - Loges 4, 9 or 15 -- were available to the public.

EDIT: It's worth noting that the Loge 20 seats are at Club Level height. For some that may make these seats the elusive diamond in the rough.

Scout's View Seats
Best Selection is in Loge 5 & Loge 19. Mostly Open. Choose Row according to taste. The other Scout's View sections, Loge 8 & Loge 16, have a better view of the Team Benches. Most likely that is why they are more picked over. Still a good number of seats to choose from.

Bruins Shoot Twice Seats
Just an educated guess at best, but maybe the top Eastern seed will shoot twice at this end. If that's attractive to you, go with Loge 5 or Loge 8. Obviously no guarantees.

Row One Balcony
Still available in the Balcony Corners, Selling for $205. Best options IMHO are Sections 305, 312, 320 & 327. Tons of seats, including Row One, are open in Sections 306, 321 & 326.
**FWIW, Section 320, Row 1 was my Second Choice.** Still wondering if I did the right thing.:o Ultimately I decided to stay downstairs. But from a value perspective, a good argument can be made that the front row balcony seats are the best remaining option. I've only been to the Garden a handful of times, but IIRC steepness of the seating (or lack thereof) is something of an issue. Sit in Row 1, it becomes a non-issue. Again, FWIW.

Best of luck to all buyers.

BC/HE
09-30-2014, 07:04 PM
[CENTER]
Are There ANY Tickets in the Lower Bowl on the Sides?
The best answer is no. But some may find Loge 20 appealing. In comparison to all of the other available Lower Bowl sections, it is somewhat "around the corner." The Top Rows (23-26) were available. Note that none of the analogous sections in the other three corners of the building - Loges 4, 9 or 17 -- were available to the public.
I think you meant 4,9 or 15

Garden Seating plan:

http://www.tdgarden.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/map_bruins.pdf

pgb-ohio
09-30-2014, 08:21 PM
I think you meant 4,9 or 15Fixed; good catch. And thanks for reading.

Garden Seating plan:

http://www.tdgarden.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/map_bruins.pdfBuyers, it's a good idea to keep a chart like this handy when selecting seats.

eddieras
10-01-2014, 08:09 AM
i'm a priority 18 and since going to seat selection my seats have been less than desired. I used to always get seats on the blueline and since this new system i've been pushed back to the corners. However, i logged on first thing at 10am friday and got Loge 1, row 18 - Center Ice-- i was shocked! I was also shocked at the price - $250 per tix! Not sure how this happened- anyone else get center ice?

Jaws
10-01-2014, 08:14 AM
Has anyone not received their reminder notice the day before their order day? I got the 1st notice in Aug. and should have gotten the reminder yesterday, but so far have not gotten it. Just want to know if this is just a glitch or a bigger issue. Any info will be appreciated,

steven22
10-01-2014, 09:03 AM
Priority 16 - Section 306, Row 1 , I purchased 4 seats, $205 each. $250 for the lower bowl is not worth it. The first row in the balcony is excellent for hockey. Just make sure you get seats in the middle of the row.. the first seat or 2 in the first row has a glass pane at viewing level. Not good. Good luck to everyone with your picks.

hockeymom of 2
10-01-2014, 09:09 AM
Priority 16 - we prefer lower level so I was able to get 4 seats in Loge 7. But I need 2 more tickets (kids decided they wanted to go this time) If anyone is getting only 2 tickets, would you get 2 more for me and I'll send you the $. Or if anyone has 2 extra, I will take those. thanks

RPI fan 4 life
10-01-2014, 09:24 AM
Priority 16- Was able to get 3 seats in Loge 20 on the aisle. Only 3 rows back from where I was last year. Not bad for Boston.
Corner seats in Loge 20 are only in the top few rows. Good luck everyone.

Crimson Faced
10-01-2014, 09:55 AM
Priority 16, got 4 seats near the top of loge 7; put in "best available" to see what would come up. That section is fine for me, we usually get seats behind the goal high up on the lower level.

pgb-ohio
10-01-2014, 10:22 AM
i'm a priority 18 and since going to seat selection my seats have been less than desired. I used to always get seats on the blueline and since this new system i've been pushed back to the corners. However, i logged on first thing at 10am friday and got Loge 1, row 18 - Center Ice-- i was shocked!...Not sure how this happened- anyone else get center ice?
Two possibilities:
1. You're just messing with us; or
2. This lottery had a winner after all, and that would be you.

Hoping for the latter.;)

I was also shocked at the price - $250 per tix!Everyone has their own crystal ball, but I absolutely expected this. Over the years the NCAA has used tournaments in St. Paul and Boston as an opportunity to push up the price. IIRC the primary price point in Philly was $230. For it to move up $10 per session in Boston is no surprise.

For me, it's the two extreme price points that are surprising. They just don't mesh with the Frozen Four Fan Base. Asking $600 for glass seats for our tournament strikes me as a ludicrous mismatch. Certainly our crowd includes some well-funded individuals, but those folks have upscale packages available to them. And while I don't want overgeneralize, most of that crowd will be more comfortable in the suites than the glass.

In contrast, most of us are in the lottery because we hope to parlay a loyal purchasing history into better seats. We're price sensitive, and are hoping some "sweat equity" will keep our overall costs in line. Anyone who can painlessly drop $300 for a single ticket probably isn't going to bother slogging through the priority process. Again, not wanting to overgeneralize, but that sort of fan will just call the ticket broker and "pay what it takes."

Now about the $160 nosebleed seats. To me, the decision to include that price point is more political than economic. It's as if the NCAA wants to send a "we feel your pain" message to those who have been objecting to the ever-increasing prices. But for Priority Holders, it's a meaningless gesture. Let's walk through it. The buyer has been attending the FF annually for years; it's always one of the highlights on his sports calendar. Maybe THE highlight. He's willing travel hundreds of miles. He's willing to take multiple days off work. He's spending hundreds of dollars on the trip. Part of that is spent on apparel and momentos before the first puck is even dropped. Those items must be purchased right away because he can't take a chance that the good stuff will sell out early. There's your typical FF Priority Holder. And the NCAA thinks that type of fan wants to sit in awful nosebleed seats to save $45? Please.

Good Upper Bowl seats at a savings, yes. But Bad Upper Bowl seats? Most of the regulars would rather skip a year than make that purchase. Some wind up on the secondary market. Some stay home and watch on TV. Some get disgusted and drop out permanently. The $160 seats are for the one-and-done fan, period.

Of course the lower price WILL benefit local buyers on a budget, who just want a taste of the action. But from an economic perspective, why do this? The tournament will almost certainly sell out either way. Why leave money on the table? The NCAA has repeatedly shown that very little is sacred if there's money to be made. The only answer I can think of is political compromise. Why do I say that? If the NCAA truly wanted to do something meaningful for it's most loyal FF fans, it would return a blue line section or two to the Public Allotment. But that would require a real financial sacrifice. Not happening. But hoping to avoid some portion of the PR hit caused by higher prices, a token gesture is made.

Put another way, the NCAA is willing to reach out and do something for the one-and-dones, but not the core FF Fan Base. That hurts a bit.

My two cents.

Has anyone not received their reminder notice the day before their order day? I got the 1st notice in Aug. and should have gotten the reminder yesterday, but so far have not gotten it. Just want to know if this is just a glitch or a bigger issue. Any info will be appreciated,You're not alone, and it's an annoying glitch to be sure. But rather than fight that battle, just use the information in this thread and proceed to the ordering process. Yes, the e-mail gives you a direct link to the log-in. But you can get the same info and accomplish the same thing with this link:

www.ncaa.com/championships/icehockey-men/d1/tickets-hospitality

One more click -- on your Priority Level -- and you're at the login page. Best of luck.