Boston Frozen Four tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston Frozen Four tickets

My apologies if this has already been covered but I couldn't find it in this thread. I can't remember my user name/password. Can I get that now or do I have to wait until it is my turn to buy?

Thanks
    UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
      My apologies if this has already been covered but I couldn't find it in this thread. I can't remember my user name/password. Can I get that now or do I have to wait until it is my turn to buy?

Thanks
      User name is your email address. After you get to the login page on your order day they give you the option to send your password by entering the email address which I had to do as well and the password is not anything I set up or remembered getting before. Of course I had not ordered for 4 years either but if you had you probably set up one yourself. They give you 2 security questions to set up to get the password in the future as well.

Now as to tickets available there are more than I expected. There were a few groups of 3 in the Loge still available but none for 4. Not sure how to order separate sets of 2 but I think if you fulfill the order for 2 you have the option to continue to order at the bottom after the transaction completes. Don't hold me to that though as it is just a guess. Ask the purchaser BCeagle who did order that way and got 2 and 2. You may be surprised by selecting sections as some have seats in lower rows than the adjoining section. Example 319 had row 5 while the next section over 320 started at row 8 for groups of 4 tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
        User name is your email address. After you get to the login page on your order day they give you the option to send your password by entering the email address which I had to do as well and the password is not anything I set up or remembered getting before. Of course I had not ordered for 4 years either but if you had you probably set up one yourself. They give you 2 security questions to set up to get the password in the future as well.

Now as to tickets available there are more than I expected. There were a few groups of 3 in the Loge still available but none for 4. Not sure how to order separate sets of 2 but I think if you fulfill the order for 2 you have the option to continue to order at the bottom after the transaction completes. Don't hold me to that though as it is just a guess. Ask the purchaser BCeagle who did order that way and got 2 and 2. You may be surprised by selecting sections as some have seats in lower rows than the adjoining section. Example 319 had row 5 while the next section over 320 started at row 8 for groups of 4 tickets.
        Thanks for the info
        UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Question for you guys, when would the tickets go on sale to the general public and what would the estimated cost be per ticket?
          I'd probably be a lot less stressed if I wasn't a hockey fan, but where's the fun in that?

Comment

Originally posted by CleggyofUML View Post
            Question for you guys, when would the tickets go on sale to the general public and what would the estimated cost be per ticket?
            Looks to me that it'll be November 7.

http://www.ncaa.com/championships/ic...ts-hospitality

But keep in mind if the demand is high enough and all available seats are sold through the priority system, they may never go on sale for to the general public and your only chance would be the secondary market. Depending on availability, I'm guessing cost will be the same as the priority holders paid, $600 on the glass, $250 for loge, and $200 for balcony for both sessions. Don't know if there are any plans to sell individual session tickets or individual game tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
              Shouldn't the population of the priority list numerical groups remain the same , year after year?
              No. Conceptually there is one exception: If 100% of the priority holders at all levels purchased tickets, then each group would have exactly same members the following year. The only difference would be that the numerical label for each group would be x + 1. But that result is impossible, since there are more priority holders than seats available. More to the point, there will always be priority holders who decide not to make the purchase in any given year.

As an example, consider the top level of priority -- Level 18 for 2015. To keep the math simple, let's say there are 100 accounts now at Level 18, and the renewal rate is 95%. That means that at Level 19 for 2016 (the top level) there will be 95 accounts.

I always assumed if someone dropped out their spot would be filled by someone moving up to a better priority or by a wait list person.
              Again, this isn't correct. You can't leapfrog a level. You either keep pace with your cohort by making the purchase, or you fall a level behind by keeping your wallet closed.

Try this example. Let's say you've got a group of elementary school students -- 2 in first grade, 2 in second grade. One of the second graders flunks the year; all others pass. The following year, the number of 3rd graders will be one fewer than expected due to the fail. The number of second graders the following year will be one greater than expected for the same reason. You don't take one of the successful 1st graders and move them up to 3rd grade just because there's an empty chair. OK, OK. Occasionally gifted school children do skip a grade! But there's no equivalent to that in the ticket lottery.

Also, there's really no such thing as a FF wait list. Granted, we've had years where individuals shut out at the initial stage have later been given a chance to purchase tickets to that year's tournament. But those who accept such offers simply get 1 point and move up along the others who purchased. There's still no leapfrogging to the higher cohort.

Or are you comparing the general public population to the priority list population?
              No comparisons with the general public. I was drawing a comparison between USCHO priority holders and the full set of priority holders.

It's admittedly tough to find the right words to describe something this complex...

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                No. Conceptually there is one exception: If 100% of the priority holders at all levels purchased tickets, then each group would have exactly same members the following year. The only difference would be that the numerical label for each group would be x + 1. But that result is impossible, since there are more priority holders than seats available. More to the point, there will always be priority holders who decide not to make the purchase in any given year.

As an example, consider the top level of priority -- Level 18 for 2015. To keep the math simple, let's say there are 100 accounts now at Level 18, and the renewal rate is 95%. That means that at Level 19 for 2016 (the top level) there will be 95 accounts.

Again, this isn't correct. You can't leapfrog a level. You either keep pace with your cohort by making the purchase, or you fall a level behind by keeping your wallet closed.

Try this example. Let's say you've got a group of elementary school students -- 2 in first grade, 2 in second grade. One of the second graders flunks the year; all others pass. The following year, the number of 3rd graders will be one fewer than expected due to the fail. The number of second graders the following year will be one greater than expected for the same reason. You don't take one of the successful 1st graders and move them up to 3rd grade just because there's an empty chair. OK, OK. Occasionally gifted school children do skip a grade! But there's no equivalent to that in the ticket lottery.

Also, there's really no such thing as a FF wait list. Granted, we've had years where individuals shut out at the initial stage have later been given a chance to purchase tickets to that year's tournament. But those who accept such offers simply get 1 point and move up along the others who purchased. There's still no leapfrogging to the higher cohort.

No comparisons with the general public. I was drawing a comparison between USCHO priority holders and the full set of priority holders.

It's admittedly tough to find the right words to describe something this complex...
                Thanks for the explanation! I actually understood it. Although I am not a priority number holder, I have attended Pittsburgh and Philly (both sets of tix bought on the secondary market). Although I do not have tickets for Boston in hand I do have three hotel rooms reserved at the Marriott Residence Inn Tudor Wharf, the closest hotel to the rink (fantastic government rate that I booked the first day the FF weekend was available to book) the hotel has since sold out. Boston lodging prices can also keep the casual fan at home. Parking where I am staying is $40 a day Great job with this thread, and I hope you don't mind me posting occasional updates about secondary market prices as I will be watching that closely because it will most likely be my only avenue to tickets unless Yale gets in. There are 233 tickets on the website I am monitoring for the purposes of this thread, Low end has dropped just below $400 with the high end just above $1,000, not much fluctuation yet as should be expected.
                Last edited by LTsatch; 10-22-2014, 09:37 PM.
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                  Thanks for the explanation! I actually understood it...
                  Glad to hear it! Hope you're not alone.

... I hope you don't mind me posting occasional updates about secondary market prices as I will be watching that closely because it will most likely be my only avenue to tickets unless Yale gets in. There are 233 tickets on the website I am monitoring for the purposes of this thread, Low end has dropped just below $400 with the high end just above $1,000, not much fluctuation yet as should be expected.
                  Please continue to post that info; It's definitely part of the story. Although I haven't personally participated in the FF secondary market for a few years, I'll read your updates with great interest.

Comment

What I recommend people who find the hotel prices in Boston to be too high to check the MBTA Commuter Rail schedule and pick a hotel in one of the towns serviced by train. The last trains leave North Station (Boston Garden) at around 1am, so you're covered if the late game goes multiple overtimes. Salem has some lovely inns and I have stayed in Lowell several times. Taking the train also eliminates the need to park in Boston, which can be pricey.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                      What I recommend people who find the hotel prices in Boston to be too high to check the MBTA Commuter Rail schedule and pick a hotel in one of the towns serviced by train. The last trains leave North Station (Boston Garden) at around 1am, so you're covered if the late game goes multiple overtimes. Salem has some lovely inns and I have stayed in Lowell several times. Taking the train also eliminates the need to park in Boston, which can be pricey.
                      That's not a bad idea... Something to consider for folks doing this, the more convenient lines would be those serviced by North Station and not South Station and thus the areas north and northwest of the city would be a good place to look for hotels. South Station would require a subway ride (Red to Green) to get to the Garden or Fanueil Hall/North Station area but still not a dealbreaker if you can find a good hotel south or southwest of the city.

Of course, train tickets aren't all that cheap either so groups of 3+ may be better off parking for cheaper as a carload downtown (or elsewhere, see below) than everyone paying for round trip train fares, depending on what zone fare you would have.

A note about parking: I am a big fan of parking on the red line at Alewife (huge garage) for $7 and also at Wellington (large lot) on the Orange Line for $7. Alewife will allow you to avoid city traffic altogether and it's a cheap subway fare into Boston but not as convenient as Wellington, which is very quick access to the Garden but the traffic in that area is usually a clusterf getting in (getting out after events is usually easier because it's so late).

I did notice that for $179 a night a nice room at the Hilton in Dedham is available for FF weekend... right at Dedham Corp Center stop on the Franklin line, quick walk. That would require ZERO parking but a bit more complicated trip because it goes into South Station. And it's only Zone 2 which is a quick, cheap trip as far as the Commuter Rail is concerned (about $12.50 RT per person).
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I have taken the train into the garden many times and the last train out on the weekday is around midnight. weekends is around 11pm. It all depends on which train you take.

Comment

Quick look at the $250 Lower Bowl Seats shows the following availability:

Section 5 - 31 Seats Available, none together
                          Section 6 - 2 Seats Available, Row18 Seat7 and R22 S9
                          Section 7 - 1 Seat Available, R7 S9
                          Section 8 - 23 Seats Available, none together
                          Section 16 - 2 Seats Available, R10 Seat11 and R11 S11
                          Section 17 - 0 Seats Available
                          Section 18 - 1 Seat Available, R19 Seat5
                          Section 19 - 17 Seats Available, none together

77 Total seats available

As for the $600 glass seats, here is availability by section. All sections are single seats unless otherwise noted:
                          Section 3 - 2 Seats
                          Section 4 - 2 Seats
                          Section 5 - 3 Seats
                          Section 6 - 2 Seats
                          Section 7 - 2 Seats
                          Section 8 - 3 Seats
                          Section 9 - 5 Seats
                          Section 10 - 2 Seats
                          Section 14 - 6 Seats (One block of 4 and two singles)
                          Section 15 - 2 Seats
                          Section 16 - 2 Seats
                          Section 17 - 3 Seats
                          Section 18 - 2 Seats
                          Section 19 - 3 Seats
                          Section 20 - 6 Seats (One block of 4 and two singles)
                          Section 21 - 6 Seats (One block of 4 and two singles)

51 Total Seats Available

The Balcony:
                          Some tickets can be had in groups on the sides, but you're looking at basically 13 rows back. If you want to get closer to the front, look in the corners and the ends.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post

I don't recommend relying on the Commuter Rail at all. If games go more than one OT you're likely to be screwed. I was at a Hockey East semifinal a number of years back where the first game went triple OT and the second game didn't START until about 11. Of course, this was back under Menino and the green line stopped running as well, but if this happens you could end up having to leave during the first intermission of game 2.

The last train on the Salem/Rockport line (for example), leaves North Station at 12:10 on weekdays and on Saturday it's even earlier, at 11:30. The commuter rail is just that, for commuters, and late night service is shaky at best. Also, South Station is at least a 20 minute walk from North Station, with no direct subway connection (you'd have to take the Orange Line to State and transfer to the Red Line) so that's not exactly convenient either.

Staying outside the city isn't a bad option if you're willing to drive, and you can usually get decent parking rates if you're willing to walk half a mile or so (Boston is a VERY walkable city)

Comment

Originally posted by walrus655321 View Post
                              I don't recommend relying on the Commuter Rail at all. If games go more than one OT you're likely to be screwed. I was at a Hockey East semifinal a number of years back where the first game went triple OT and the second game didn't START until about 11. Of course, this was back under Menino and the green line stopped running as well, but if this happens you could end up having to leave during the first intermission of game 2.

The last train on the Salem/Rockport line (for example), leaves North Station at 12:10 on weekdays and on Saturday it's even earlier, at 11:30. The commuter rail is just that, for commuters, and late night service is shaky at best. Also, South Station is at least a 20 minute walk from North Station, with no direct subway connection (you'd have to take the Orange Line to State and transfer to the Red Line) so that's not exactly convenient either.

Staying outside the city isn't a bad option if you're willing to drive, and you can usually get decent parking rates if you're willing to walk half a mile or so (Boston is a VERY walkable city)
                              haven't they cut back or eliminated commuter rail service on weekends (of which saturday is one)?
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                haven't they cut back or eliminated commuter rail service on weekends (of which saturday is one)?
                                On some lines, absolutely (although there are rumors that they're bringing back some service on weekends on the Plymouth/Middleboro/Greenbush lines).

Regardless, Saturday service is spotty at best and I wouldn't recommend it.

Comment

Working...
                                X