Bowes leaves Castleton for UNH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowes leaves Castleton for UNH

Bill Bowes is leaving the Castleton head coaching position for an assistant job with UNH.

Tough blow to the Spartan women's hockey program as Coach Bowes had done a nice job in his time there helping turn Castleton into a much more competitive program and maybe one year away from competing with Norwich for the ECAC East crown. Daniels, Jensen and Stephens are three awfully good players for an incoming coach to inherit.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: Bowes leaves Castleton for UNH

this is not a good time of year to start looking for a coach.

Comment

Very true but I think Castleton will get plenty of capable candidates. They value athletics there and the new coach will be inheriting a pretty decent team that should only continue to rise in my opinion.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

there are plenty of capable candidates just up the road in northfield

Comment

Originally posted by LaRondelle View Post
          there are plenty of capable candidates just up the road in northfield
          I do not think you will see any of them leave Norwich for Castleton though....What does anyone else feel ?

Comment

it would seem that bill bowes knows enough people around to make some solid recommendations to ease his transition out.

Comment

Originally posted by cadetdad View Post
              I do not think you will see any of them leave Norwich for Castleton though....What does anyone else feel ?
              What about ex Norwich Assistant coach Keith Maurice taking over the reigns?? I think he would be a good catch for Castleton.....if it is something he would want to do and leave the D1 ranks as an Asst.? Just a thought......

Comment

Originally posted by cadetdad View Post
                What about ex Norwich Assistant coach Keith Maurice taking over the reigns?? I think he would be a good catch for Castleton.....if it is something he would want to do and leave the D1 ranks as an Asst.? Just a thought......
                bill leaving is a setback he took a team from last place to the east finals in three years he will be missed. my understanding there are four candidates for the position. who ever it is will take ove a team that will compete for the championship in the east

Comment

they probably got a pile of c.vs from some very good people

Comment

Originally posted by LaRondelle View Post
                    they probably got a pile of c.vs from some very good people
                    I'm not sure why so many folks think the Castleton job is such a great gig? Middle of nowhere, school with little history in women's hockey except for last year, not a particularly strong academic institution, I'm guessing that they don't pay particularly well.... why would this be an attractive job, because they had one decent season? What am I missing?

Comment

and they don't have a rink on campus ...
                      Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
                        I'm not sure why so many folks think the Castleton job is such a great gig? Middle of nowhere, school with little history in women's hockey except for last year, not a particularly strong academic institution, I'm guessing that they don't pay particularly well.... why would this be an attractive job, because they had one decent season? What am I missing?
                        Every I go in Vermont when I mention Castleton the response is great school academically, the sports programs a gaining in stature and the school rests in valley surrounded by mountains

I let my d go there because of this

as with all programs thay need to be nutured with the right coaches who can recruit the right girls

last year the team had nine freshmen on the team and they made it to the ECAC east finals for the first time in program history

with Norwich rebuilding (lost 10 seniors) Plattsburgh rebuilding (lost 9 seniors) and Middlebury they could make the NCAA DIII torunament

Comment

i hope they are not waiting to make a decision on a new coach.

Comment

Those hockey programs (Platty, Norwich, Middlebury, Elmira) don't rebuild, they reload. Outatanding coaches with a proven track record being National contenders every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Hello View Post
                              Those hockey programs (Platty, Norwich, Middlebury, Elmira) don't rebuild, they reload. Outatanding coaches with a proven track record being National contenders every year.
                              it lloks like one of the assts from Platssburgh is vieing for the job

Comment

Working...
                              X