Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harvard Crimson 2014-15

http://www.gocrimson.com/sports/wice...20140619q7dh8x
    Last edited by driventoit; 02-09-2015, 04:48 PM.

Re: Harvard Crimson 2014-15

BTW, Harvard's OOC schedule (all three cross-town rivals, away and pre-Beanpot, as well as UConn and UNH) suggests that they want to win a virtual HE title to go along with an actual ECAC crown.

Comment

Heard that a bunch of the local members of the Harvard team are skating in the All-Out Summer Skate at the Edge in Bedford with a bunch of non-Harvard US National Team Players getting ready for the upcoming season.

Comment

I say they win it too...then lose it in the last minute!!!
        Originally posted by driventoit View Post
        BTW, Harvard's OOC schedule (all three cross-town rivals, away and pre-Beanpot, as well as UConn and UNH) suggests that they want to win a virtual HE title to go along with an actual ECAC crown.

Comment

Speaking of rosters (other threads), has any Crimson fan ever seen 27 (!) skaters standing on the blue line for the national anthem? Wow. We were lucky to get 17 at times last year. So . . . three potent lines, three strong D pairings and two proven goalies, and all this without even dipping into the freshmen pool. Should be one helluva year.

http://www.gocrimson.com/sports/wice/2014-15/roster
          Last edited by driventoit; 07-19-2014, 09:19 AM.

Comment

http://www.uscho.com/stats/attendanc...men/2013-2014/

Interesting/surprising stats referenced by D2D on the Badgers thread. Most games I would swear I was among maybe 250-300 people (max!) at Bright. Not surprising that Harvard is second to Cornell in the ECAC, but odd that, as a conference, HE seems to be a relatively distant third in attendance.
            Last edited by driventoit; 07-28-2014, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Speaking of rosters (other threads), has any Crimson fan ever seen 27 (!) skaters standing on the blue line for the national anthem? Wow. We were lucky to get 17 at times last year.

http://www.gocrimson.com/sports/wice/2014-15/roster
              You will never see 27 skaters standing on the blue line for the Crimson....or any other team. Teams are only allowed to dress 23 max., which is why many/most rosters consist of 23 players. Of course, with injuries etc., there are often less than that available.

Speaking of injuries, is anyone aware of why Sarah Edney is unable to attend the U22 Selection Camp? I have heard unconfirmed rumours that 1-2 other Crimson players may not be available to start the year.

Comment

[QUOTE=Trillium;5982429]You will never see 27 skaters standing on the blue line for the Crimson....or any other team. Teams are only allowed to dress 23 max., which is why many/most rosters consist of 23 players. Of course, with injuries etc., there are often less than that available.

Thanks for the clarification/correction. (I was wondering how there would be room on the bench.) In any case, it's nice to have a large roster for a change.
                Last edited by driventoit; 07-29-2014, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trillium View Post
                  Teams are only allowed to dress 23 max., which is why many/most rosters consist of 23 players.
                  For NCAA competition, it is 21 max -- 18 skaters and 3 goaltenders.
                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                    Correct. I had a brain cramp....and counting problems

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                      Looks like my national anthem's blue line is getting shorter and shorter . . . But "even" 21 will seem like a great luxury this year.
                      Last edited by driventoit; 07-29-2014, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Looks like my national anthem's blue line is getting shorter and shorter . . . But "even" 21 will seem like a great luxury this year.
                        LOTS of talent here, but definitely going to be some uphappy campers on this team this year barring an abnormally large number of injuries. 6 skaters in the stands every game. A coach that only plays two lines and two sets of D much of the time (be interesting to see if that changes). Sounds likely to be 6-10 disgruntled players....wonder how that will work for team chemistry?

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
                          LOTS of talent here, but definitely going to be some uphappy campers on this team this year barring an abnormally large number of injuries. 6 skaters in the stands every game. A coach that only plays two lines and two sets of D much of the time (be interesting to see if that changes). Sounds likely to be 6-10 disgruntled players....wonder how that will work for team chemistry?
                          A question that occurred to me only after my ignorance-driven numbers euphoria crashed. But, given the returning talent, I think we're definitely going to see three lines, as was true most of last season (but this time sharing the load), and more than occasional use of three sets of D (this often wasn't possible last season). That doesn't fully address the chemistry issue, but there's a lot of opportunity for mixing and matching as they march to March. I guess everyone just has to buy in.

Comment

A question that occurred to me only after my ignorance-driven numbers euphoria crashed. But, given the returning talent, I think we're definitely going to see three lines, as was true most of last season (but this time sharing the load), and more than occasional use of three sets of D (this often wasn't possible last season). That doesn't fully address the chemistry issue, but there's a lot of opportunity for mixing and matching as they march to March. I guess everyone just has to buy in.
                            This has the potential to either work really well, or to fall apart.

Noteworthy history. A few years back there was a D3 team with a similar sized 28 player roster. They went on to dominate and win the D3 crown that year for the first time in their history, beating the overwhelming pre and early season favorite in the final on that other teams home turf.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
                              I would be willing to bet that Katey goes with three and even four lines. Yup, you read that right. She has the depth and talent to do it this year unlike in years past. She saw up close what happened in the Olympics when she shortened her bench. The more ice time she gives the bench, the stronger Harvard will be in March. Losing the gold hurts but some of the sting will be removed if Harvard wins the NCAAs this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X