Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utica College Pioneers 2014-2015: Bust. Let's try this again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Utica College Pioneers 2014-2015: Bust. Let's try this again!

Originally posted by jcase View Post
    Yes, I heard it will be televised on Time Warner Cable's sports channel.
    Thanks. Was hoping that they'd pick it up. BTW, they're showing Naz at Oswego this weekend on Saturday. That's a must-watch for me.

BTW, if anyone wants Frozen Dome tickets for $10 a pop, you can go to Ticketmaster and type in the code "cheapseats". I hear that over 24K seats are already sold. They might draw more than SU football.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
      I heard that he was concerned about playing time. I can check on that.

In case nobody else heard Gary on the radio today, he had some bad news. Three guys' seasons are over: Moody, Hanth (poor guy plays his heart out and has had nothing but atrocious luck) and Bushinski (who I really liked and showed great promise.) Wold separated his shoulder today and will be out for a couple of weeks. Egan (another shoulder) is expected back at the same time. Heenan mentioned going out and getting another player for the next semester.

He also mentioned that the starting G job is going to either Taffe or Wells. Sounds good to me, as does a tandem of the two.

Old Potty-Mouth has really mellowed. He was very complimentary of his guys' effort and talent. Thought they deserved a better fate over the weekend... Publicly pumping up a young and hard-working team, and I was glad to hear it. (Now, what he's saying in the locker room might make your ears bleed, but whatever.)
      I think it's time to focus on chemistry and team building. Having players leave(especially goalies) does not inspire confidence for team. Everything has to be in place to win championships. Zelzer was a better goalie than Taffe. Wells will be starter.

Comment

Coverage not confirmed...discussions continue...it shouldn't be this hard...smh
        LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyfirst View Post
          I think it's time to focus on chemistry and team building. Having players leave(especially goalies) does not inspire confidence for team. Everything has to be in place to win championships. Zelzer was a better goalie than Taffe. Wells will be starter.
          I liked Zelzer as well, and would probably give the nod to Wells over Taffe, too, but I don't have enough evidence to choose either guy over playing them in tandem right now.

And I have to say that UC's roster-stability is far better than it once was. That program was a complete revolving door for several years in its early- to mid-existence.

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
            OSU will likely provide an HD webcast in any case..?

(I'm loving my Chrome Cast, and what a great opportunity to use it!)
            Last edited by Fishman'81; 11-12-2014, 08:09 PM.

Comment

OSU will likely have an HD webcast in any case..?

Can you Cast Sidearm sports broadcast streams? If so, please share.

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
                Can you Cast Sidearm sports broadcast streams? If so, please share.
                IDK; not familiar with that format, but CC has performed seamlessly with everything that can stream on Google Chrome, so I'd guess "yes".

So far, I've watched games via ESPN3, YouTube and CBSCS on CC. Everything has worked perfectly. Best $30 I ever spent. (OK, there was that hooker in Okinawa... )
                Last edited by Fishman'81; 11-12-2014, 09:35 PM.

Comment

OSU will likely provide an HD webcast in any case..?

Details were being ironed out - stay tuned.
                  LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

IDK; not familiar with that format, but CC has performed seamlessly with everything that can stream on Google Chrome, so I'd guess "yes".

So far, I've watched games via ESPN3, YouTube and CBSCS on CC. Everything has worked perfectly. Best $30 I ever spent. (OK, there was that hooker in Okinawa... )
                    I like mine too, but I watch OZ hockey on Sidearm and there is not an app.
                    Thanks!

Comment

I like mine too, but I watch OZ hockey on Sidearm and there is not an app.
                      Thanks!
                      You dont need an app you just broadcast the page in the browser....
                      Remy Babineaux
                      remyb616@gmail.com
                      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                        You dont need an app you just broadcast the page in the browser....
                        Ok so instead of opening it right off the OZ site, open it on Chrome and I can cast from there?

Comment

Ok so instead of opening it right off the OZ site, open it on Chrome and I can cast from there?
                          Yea just broadcast your Chrome webpage and just go to the site that way...it might not be full screen, but you should be able to. That's how I do NSN for the Norwich and Plattsburgh games.
                          Remy Babineaux
                          remyb616@gmail.com
                          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                            Yea just broadcast your Chrome webpage and just go to the site that way...it might not be full screen, but you should be able to. That's how I do NSN for the Norwich and Plattsburgh games.
                            Thank you Remy!

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                              It's actually pretty obvious. The professional broadcast team that is hired to do the AHL game doesn't want to be shown up by some little D3 school. They must be Wisconsin graduates. Surprised they are even going to let people in for it if that's the case. .....
                              Remy Babineaux
                              remyb616@gmail.com
                              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Contrary to what I had heard awhile ago, TWC's Sports Channel schedule just up on their website does NOT show the UC-OSU game being televised--only the Comets/Crunch game is listed. I'll be there, but for those looking to watch the D3 game I hope something gets worked out on at least a streaming b'cast.

Comment

Working...
                                X