Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: D1 Transfers for 2014-15

Originally posted by ARM View Post
    Ohio State improved in large part because it was so dreadful in November that it would have been hard to remain that bad. .
    The only award Handrahan deserves is Azz of the Year for his comments after his team's display of poor sportsmanship.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeysbest View Post
      No one else can claim five championships building a program from scratch. Anyone can coach the Gophers so I don't consider Frost as the best coach this year. It's easy to give all the accolades to the best team on paper but really it's not that hard to coach when you have all that talent.
      I won't disagree with that

but the second part "not that hard" and the third part "all that talent" you have no idea what you are talking about.

Comment

So we know Duluth has 5 leaving and 2 incoming from out East - and maybe 2 going East from Duluth

Any other transfers?

Comment

Originally posted by joehockey View Post
          So we know Duluth has 5 leaving and 2 incoming from out East - and maybe 2 going East from Duluth

Any other transfers?
          does anybody care?

if a top player were to transfer, or as in Wisconsin' s case, a highly regarded freshman is lost, that's news

anybody else, it will make little difference other than to fuel the gossip mill

Comment

Originally posted by joehockey View Post
            Any other transfers?
            As discussed in another thread, the two from UNH: Crossley to BU and M. Armstrong to St. Lawrence. Though she has to sit a year, the Crossley move figures to impact the national picture, as the Terriers will be losing Stoneburgh, Doyle, and Campbell from the blue line in another year.
            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by Call It View Post
              Is Merrimack really looking for transfers with 0 goals & 2 assists in 36 games played? Why?
              In 36 games how much ice time do you think a fourth line player gets at any top 10 program ? Tough to score from the bench. I'm sure some of those kids could be decent players at Merrimack.

Comment

Originally posted by North East DAD View Post
                In 36 games how much ice time do you think a fourth line player gets at any top 10 program ? Tough to score from the bench. I'm sure some of those kids could be decent players at Merrimack.
                UMD is a top 10 program?! The other points have validity though.

Comment

I think you're mistaken. Football and basketball have all kinds of transfers when things don't work out as expected.
                  Quite possible. Maybe in that case it was because the player was transferring back to her original school where this rule came into play. You know the rules book better than I ever will know it, so will take your word over mine.

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                    Millers championship teams were loaded with talent.
                    You can probably say that for all championship teams.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                      You can probably say that for all championship teams.
                      Not on the men's side, there seems to be a disparity on the woman's side in comparison. Example many more NHL prospect on other men's teams compared to Union.

Anyone care to think of the reasoning?

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                        Not on the men's side, there seems to be a disparity on the woman's side in comparison. Example many more NHL prospect on other men's teams compared to Union.

Anyone care to think of the reasoning?
                        One reason is that the talent pool is deeper on the men's side, so even if a team isn't attracting the top players in a recruiting class, it can still compete. A second is that attracting the very best talent in the men's game is a double-edged sword, because the elite players often turn pro before they exhaust their eligibility.
                        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

One reason is that the talent pool is deeper on the men's side, so even if a team isn't attracting the top players in a recruiting class, it can still compete. A second is that attracting the very best talent in the men's game is a double-edged sword, because the elite players often turn pro before they exhaust their eligibility.
                          Spot on - this sums it up in two sentences.
                          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

The players going pro does not matter they are still there on the team.

Granted the talent pool is deeper but it is also spread out at different levels where college coaches look. I believe in the woman's game, because of smaller budgets and I'm sure other reasons the coaches do not look deep and wide enough.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                              The players going pro does not matter they are still there on the team.
                              If players leave their college team early to go pro, how is it they're still on the team? Example: prior to the 2013-14 season the Gophers men's team lost five players who had a year of college eligibility left to the pros, two of whom had big rookie seasons in the NHL. This obviously "levels the playing field" when such players are replaced by 4th liners or freshmen with no D1 experience - something you don't seen on the women's side.
                              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                                If players leave their college team early to go pro, how is it they're still on the team?
                                Thanks. I can stop scratching my head now.
                                Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X