Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Less than 5 months to go!

Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

I don't think the thread title is long enough.

Comment

Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Agree. May I suggest

"UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October, and Long Live Red Who Will Lead Us to the Promised Land Once Again, Dontchya Know ??!!!!!
      sure why not

Comment

Yeah, that's about as long of a thread title as the forum allows, unfortunately. I was just trying to get things rolling, but if someone wants to think of a more to the point thread title I wouldn't be offended

Comment

Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
          Yeah, that's about as long of a thread title as the forum allows, unfortunately. I was just trying to get things rolling, but if someone wants to think of a more to the point thread title I wouldn't be offended
          It's fine, let's roll
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

More schedule news: Quinnipiac is most likely dropping the game they had planned to play against UConn. That would mean the Q would have two games left, and an interest in playing a HEA team which Maine might be able to capitalize upon. They would make a much better opponent than an AHA team like Canisius.

However, I have noticed that the state flagship schools (except New Hampshire) have between 6-10 games remaining. Even if both Ohio State and Penn State step up and fill the schedules, it remains possible for Maine, Vermont, UConn and UMass to play non-conference games against each other. Hopefully that will not happen, though I am not sure how much worse it would be to play two games against one of those schools versus playing a pair against an AHA club...

Comment

just saw on twitter that Providence's Drew Brown has been diagnosed with Ewing's Sarcoma a rare bone cancer... cancer was detected during an MRI after he was injured against UNH in the HE Semis

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                More schedule news: Quinnipiac is most likely dropping the game they had planned to play against UConn. That would mean the Q would have two games left, and an interest in playing a HEA team which Maine might be able to capitalize upon. They would make a much better opponent than an AHA team like Canisius.

However, I have noticed that the state flagship schools (except New Hampshire) have between 6-10 games remaining. Even if both Ohio State and Penn State step up and fill the schedules, it remains possible for Maine, Vermont, UConn and UMass to play non-conference games against each other. Hopefully that will not happen, though I am not sure how much worse it would be to play two games against one of those schools versus playing a pair against an AHA club...
                Would help to add them(Quinnipiac)and hopefully Colgate...with either Ohio State or Penn State...with the way the 2 teams shape up...Ohio State has a lot of returning players from last years squad...with Quinnipiac/Colgate & Ohio State added to the already OC lineup,it would make for a much better Schedule then last years(imo).

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                  just saw on twitter that Providence's Drew Brown has been diagnosed with Ewing's Sarcoma a rare bone cancer... cancer was detected during an MRI after he was injured against UNH in the HE Semis
                  They say he will miss the entire 2014-15 season while under-going treatment...

Comment

His twitter is @drew_brown7 if you want to send him a message.

Comment

That s u cks. Dealing with the big C with my mother right now. With the technology and the billions invested in research you'd think we'd be closer to a cure. They have expanded life expectancy greatly...thank God or my mother would be gone by now but d a mn what an evil disease. Seen so many people young and old succumb to it. Let's all pray for a cure in our lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                        That s u cks. Dealing with the big C with my mother right now. With the technology and the billions invested in research you'd think we'd be closer to a cure. They have expanded life expectancy greatly...thank God or my mother would be gone by now but d a mn what an evil disease. Seen so many people young and old succumb to it. Let's all pray for a cure in our lifetime.
                        No doubt, cancer sucks
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Received my Black Bear AWAY Game Ticket Application form today...they are showing 16 away games: Alaska-Anchorage Oct.10-11 -- Vermont Nov.7-8 -- Nov.21 BU/Nov.22 BC -- Dec.6 UML -- Dec.12 UNH @ Verizon Center/Manchester,NH -- Jan.10-11 UMass -- Jan.24 UNH -- Feb.1 UConn -- Feb.13-14 Merrimack -- Feb.27-28 Providence.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post

Just saw where Quinnipiac is playing St. Cloud State this year and next,one reason why they are not playing UConn. So there goes most likely a game or games this year v Quinnipiac.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                              Received my Black Bear AWAY Game Ticket Application form today...they are showing 16 away games: Alaska-Anchorage Oct.10-11 -- Vermont Nov.7-8 -- Nov.21 BU/Nov.22 BC -- Dec.6 UML -- Dec.12 UNH @ Verizon Center/Manchester,NH -- Jan.10-11 UMass -- Jan.24 UNH -- Feb.1 UConn -- Feb.13-14 Merrimack -- Feb.27-28 Providence.
                              That sucks. That means Maine will play 2 non-conference games @UMA.

Comment

Working...
                              X