Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
    http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...ey-red-gendron

On incoming freshman Jack Musil with quotes from junior coach
    Wow!!!! According to his coach, he is basically a Hobey Baker finalist in his first year. He must have at least one or two short-comings.

Comment

• Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
      Wow!!!! According to his coach, he is basically a Hobey Baker finalist in his first year. He must have at least one or two short-comings.
      We all hear and read this stuff year in and year out,here's hoping he can make the Team better and be part of the Rebuild/Retooling of this Program,not a over night fix...my main concern going into this Season will be Goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
        We all hear and read this stuff year in and year out,here's hoping he can make the Team better and be part of the Rebuild/Retooling of this Program,not a over night fix...my main concern going into this Season will be Goaltending.

So long as Morris is healthy, we'll be fine in that department. Next step = NCAA Tournament after the kick-in-the-balls finish to last season, so expecting nothing less than an NCAA appearance this winter.
        Last edited by BBDiehard14; 07-10-2014, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
          So long as Morris is healthy, we'll be fine in that department. Next step = NCAA Tournament after the kick-in-the-balls finish to last season, so expecting nothing less than an NCAA appearance this winter.
          Ok...but don't count out Nik Nugnes....could be a interesting season between the pipes for Maine...hopefully a solid/steady performance out of the group(Morris/Nugnes/Remeo).

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2014...on-lumberjacks

Lomberg's rights traded in USHL
            https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
            Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
              Interesting,he'll be playing hockey somewhere's this fall/winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                Interesting,he'll be playing hockey somewhere's this fall/winter.
                That would be a suckubus. His next court date has to be coming up

Comment

I'm taking a wait and see attitude. No need to overreact and start rumors.

Comment

I get Red and his zero tolerance policy. But what happens if he's found to be innocent? You let one of your better players flap in the wind and leave the program (potentially) . The kid got into a fight. Charged with a misdemeanor. This isn't a huge deal. Just my .02

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                      I'm taking a wait and see attitude. No need to overreact and start rumors.
                      Yeah, I think that's the best we can do at this point, wait and see. I hope it all works out and he'll be back, but it's reassuring knowing that at least he'll be able to continue playing somewhere because he's got a lot of potential. I'm hoping he gets a second chance at Maine, but at least he'll have his second chance elsewhere if not here.

Comment

From wlbz2.com, with video segment:

http://www.wlbz2.com/story/sports/20...amps/12426783/

UMaine well-represented at NHL Development camps
                        Johnny Mehler, WLBZ 10:43 p.m. EDT July 9, 2014
                        ORONO, Maine

(NEWS CENTER) -- Six current Black Bears and one incoming freshman are participating in development camps for teams across the national hockey league this off season.

Dan Renouf (Lightning), Devin Shore (Stars), Ben Hutton (Canucks), Blaine Byron (Penguins) and Nolan Vesey (Maple Leafs) all playing with some of the league's top prospects.

Jake Rutt and Steven Swaveley are at the same development camp. They're in New york with the islanders organization looking to improve for when they both take the ice again together in Orono.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                          I get Red and his zero tolerance policy. But what happens if he's found to be innocent? You let one of your better players flap in the wind and leave the program (potentially) . The kid got into a fight. Charged with a misdemeanor. This isn't a huge deal. Just my .02
                          You're right. Gotta let the legal system take its course. That's a case where a coach's "zero-tolerance" policy can be a tad too much IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                            This kid does everything but shovel the junior coach's sidewalk!!! But, realistically, a 21 year old walk-on, no scholly, recruited in early spring and, it appears, that Maine was the only team that wanted him. Either Red has the vision or was sold a bill of goods by the junior coach.

Comment

Originally posted by TripleE View Post
                              Any rumors or rumblings about our two significant flight risks? #94 and #10?
                              If they both stick around...
                              They'll both be back at Maine for their Junior years. Beyond that, doubtful. IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                                Totally agree. This isn't a huge deal. If this incident happened back during our tenures at Orono, it wouldn't even make the campus newspaper. But this is a different era. Once this got into the legal system's hands, and then to the University disciplinary committee, it is out of Red's.

Comment

Working...
                                X