Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Lomberg pleaded not guilty yesterday. Here's the link.

Comment

Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      Details are on the FOMH Facebook page with details for the tournament in Alaska. Maine and Wisconsin are both staying at the Captain Cook Hotel and a special rate of $99/night is being offered for fans. Cheap airfare can be had from Boston to Anchorage. The best deal might be to book hotel and flight through Priceline or Expedia.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Additional information that I received from Deb Leavitt of the Maine Ticket Office

I just spoke with the Alaska ticket office. They have not set up sales yet for the MIH games in Oct. She said it will be mid August before complete. At that time you will be directed to a website to purchase directly from them............we will not be getting consignment tickets. The tournament price will be $35.
      I also asked about the possiblity of them selling out.............they doubt that will happen but will hold tickets for our Maine fans just in case. So no worries about getting tickets. Check back with me mid August and I should have the website to direct you too.
      Have a great day,

Deb

Deborah Leavitt
      University of Maine
      Athletic Ticket Manager
      (207) 581-2327

Comment

Schedule is out
        http://www.goblackbears.com/sports/m...14-15/schedule

Oct. 5 New Brunswick TBA
        Oct. 10 at Alas. Anchorage TBA
        Oct. 11 vs. Alas. Fairbanks @ Anchorage, Alaska TBA
        Oct. 17 Union TBA
        Oct. 18 Union TBA
        Oct. 24 Alas. Anchorage TBA
        Oct. 25 Alas. Anchorage TBA
        Oct. 31 Massachusetts * TBA
        Nov. 1 Massachusetts * TBA
        Nov. 7 at Vermont * TBA
        Nov. 8 at Vermont * TBA
        Nov. 14 Boston U. * TBA
        Nov. 21 at Boston U. * TBA
        Nov. 22 at Boston College * TBA
        Nov. 28 Vermont TBA
        Nov. 29 Vermont TBA
        Dec. 6 at Mass.-Lowell * TBA
        Dec. 12 vs. New Hampshire @ Verizon Wireless Arena (Manchester, N.H.) TBA
        Dec. 13 vs. New Hampshire @ Cumberland County Civic Center (Portland, Maine) TBA
        Jan. 2 Canisius * TBA
        Jan. 3 Canisius TBA
        Jan. 9 at Massachusetts TBA
        Jan. 10 at Massachusetts TBA
        Jan. 16 Mass.-Lowell * TBA
        Jan. 18 Boston College * TBA
        Jan. 23 New Hampshire * TBA
        Jan. 24 at New Hampshire * TBA
        Jan. 30 Connecticut * TBA
        Feb. 1 at Connecticut * TBA
        Feb. 6 Notre Dame * TBA
        Feb. 7 Notre Dame * TBA
        Feb. 13 at Merrimack * 7:00 PM
        Feb. 14 at Merrimack * 7:00 PM
        Feb. 20 Northeastern * TBA
        Feb. 21 Northeastern * TBA
        Feb. 27 at Providence * TBA
        Feb. 28 at Providence *

Comment

Schedule is out
          http://www.goblackbears.com/sports/m...14-15/schedule

Oct. 5 New Brunswick TBA
          Oct. 10 at Alas. Anchorage TBA
          Oct. 11 vs. Alas. Fairbanks @ Anchorage, Alaska TBA
          Oct. 17 Union TBA
          Oct. 18 Union TBA
          Oct. 24 Alas. Anchorage TBA
          Oct. 25 Alas. Anchorage TBA
          Oct. 31 Massachusetts * TBA
          Nov. 1 Massachusetts * TBA
          Nov. 7 at Vermont * TBA
          Nov. 8 at Vermont * TBA
          Nov. 14 Boston U. * TBA
          Nov. 21 at Boston U. * TBA
          Nov. 22 at Boston College * TBA
          Nov. 28 Vermont TBA
          Nov. 29 Vermont TBA
          Dec. 6 at Mass.-Lowell * TBA
          Dec. 12 vs. New Hampshire @ Verizon Wireless Arena (Manchester, N.H.) TBA
          Dec. 13 vs. New Hampshire @ Cumberland County Civic Center (Portland, Maine) TBA
          Jan. 2 Canisius * TBA
          Jan. 3 Canisius TBA
          Jan. 9 at Massachusetts TBA
          Jan. 10 at Massachusetts TBA
          Jan. 16 Mass.-Lowell * TBA
          Jan. 18 Boston College * TBA
          Jan. 23 New Hampshire * TBA
          Jan. 24 at New Hampshire * TBA
          Jan. 30 Connecticut * TBA
          Feb. 1 at Connecticut * TBA
          Feb. 6 Notre Dame * TBA
          Feb. 7 Notre Dame * TBA
          Feb. 13 at Merrimack * 7:00 PM
          Feb. 14 at Merrimack * 7:00 PM
          Feb. 20 Northeastern * TBA
          Feb. 21 Northeastern * TBA
          Feb. 27 at Providence * TBA
          Feb. 28 at Providence *
          As someone who complains a lot I actually can't about this, a job very well done by Red. This schedule is a million times better than last year.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Not bad with the exception of Canisus...after this season no more AHA, Red

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
              The team needs cannon fodder.

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
                if i am not mistaken, Canisius has a Walsh on staff. (or on the team, depending on your point of view)

Comment

i remember when Bentley was cannon fodder not that long ago

Comment

The press release and season ticket info: http://www.goblackbears.com/sports/m...20140624ma218p

This will be the first time Anchorage has played at the Alfond since 1990 and Notre Dame's first since 1991.
                    The UVM and UMA noncon games should end this season, and Maine will have another exemption for the Icebreaker. The only noncon road game Maine will have to play is Union. 11 road conference games, two at Union, three in Portland is 16. That means another 18-20 home games and the door will be open for the likes of Denver, Yale and a B1G team (and the aforementioned cannon fodder). I would expect one road series @NoDak or Denver with a return trip in 15-16 and the Duluth series starting in 16-17. That means 18 games in Alfond and 21 in the state of Maine next season.

Comment

The press release and season ticket info: http://www.goblackbears.com/sports/m...20140624ma218p

This will be the first time Anchorage has played at the Alfond since 1990 and Notre Dame's first since 1991.
                      The UVM and UMA noncon games should end this season, and Maine will have another exemption for the Icebreaker. The only noncon road game Maine will have to play is Union. 11 road conference games, two at Union, three in Portland is 16. That means another 18-20 home games and the door will be open for the likes of Denver, Yale and a B1G team (and the aforementioned cannon fodder). I would expect one road series @NoDak or Denver with a return trip in 15-16 and the Duluth series starting in 16-17. That means 18 games in Alfond and 21 in the state of Maine next season.
                      Three games in Portland????? What are the other 2?

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                        Three games in Portland????? What are the other 2?
                        He's talking about next year when Maine hosts the Icebreaker in Portland, plus the annual UNH game.

Comment

Well I see they really made the Season Ticket Packages attractive...big talk by the New A.D./need to fill the Building night after night....nice job....bet this really will flood the Ticket Office for NEW SEASON TICKETS...(NOT).

Comment

Canisius was in the Atlantic Hockey Championship game against Robert Morris. Robert Morris won ( 7-4 I think). Canisius had a losing record during the season but peaked late to challenge for the league championship
                            Last edited by Runsub5; 06-24-2014, 08:40 PM. Reason: Sp.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                              Canisius was in the Atlantic Hockey Championship game against Robert Morris. Robert Morris won ( 7-4 I think). Canisius had a losing record during the season but peaked late to challenge for the league championship
                              And they went 6-0 to win the AHA tournament and appeared in the NCAAs in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                                Well I see they really made the Season Ticket Packages attractive...big talk by the New A.D./need to fill the Building night after night....nice job....bet this really will flood the Ticket Office for NEW SEASON TICKETS...(NOT).
                                Huh? $20 per seat seems like a pretty good deal to me.....much better than $50.

Edit: Looks like the "donor" seats are shut off to regular season tix holders not willing to pony up......nevermind.
                                Last edited by umhockey91; 06-25-2014, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X