Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Originally posted by Priceless View Post

If parents didn't demand zero tolerance laws to keep little Susie and Jimmy safe the schools wouldn't have these rules. The kids knew what the rules were and chose to break them anyway. How would you feel if you were on the opposing team and the kids got caught breaking the rules and were allowed to play anyway? What other rules could they break and still be allowed to play?
    Zero tolerance for smoking a cigar when you're 18 seems like it would qualify as totalitarianism to me, but if people knew the rules and the consequences that would happen for breaking them then it doesn't do much good to complain about it for arguments sake, except only to point out how asinine and absurd some of these consequences appear to be at face value.

Comment

Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
      Zero tolerance for smoking a cigar when you're 18 seems like it would qualify as totalitarianism to me, but if people knew the rules and the consequences that would happen for breaking them then it doesn't do much good to complain about it for arguments sake, except only to point out how asinine and absurd some of these consequences appear to be at face value.
      The actual rule they broke was no tobacco (and other things) until they graduated or the season was over, whichever was later. Age had nothing to do with it. They still had a state title match after graduation, so their season was not over yet.
      Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
      "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
        The actual rule they broke was no tobacco (and other things) until they graduated or the season was over, whichever was later. Age had nothing to do with it. They still had a state title match after graduation, so their season was not over yet.
        Don't go bringing facts into this.

Comment

Don't go bringing facts into this.
          Your comment reminds me of what I heard someone say many years a go. The definition of a fact is something that you honestly believe. I think we still have a few of those people who subscribe to that definition.

By the way , the Oronoka has been bulldozed.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
            Your comment reminds me of what I heard someone say many years a go. The definition of a fact is something that you honestly believe. I think we still have a few of those people who subscribe to that definition.

Oronoka: Remembered at times going in/but not so much later

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              I certainly hope you are wrong, but wouldn't be shocked if your spot on. Athlete code of conducts should be done away with, what a complete joke. A couple kids in MA got banned from the lacrosse playoffs for smoking a cigar at graduation, they were 18!
              When I graduated UMaine, there were a few kids smoking something down the row from me, but it wasn't a cigar. One of them had a brother who went on to a certain prominence in the state of Maine.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post

I heard. Very sad. That was an institution, I guess once Ellen passed there wasn't anyone left to carry on the tradition. A lot of fond...hazy memories. R.I.P Noka

Comment

Details are on the FOMH Facebook page with details for the tournament in Alaska. Maine and Wisconsin are both staying at the Captain Cook Hotel and a special rate of $99/night is being offered for fans. Cheap airfare can be had from Boston to Anchorage. The best deal might be to book hotel and flight through Priceline or Expedia.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                    I heard. Very sad. That was an institution, I guess once Ellen passed there wasn't anyone left to carry on the tradition. A lot of fond...hazy memories. R.I.P Noka
                    Buddy had his reception there, probably 20 years ago or so. What a freakin dump it was but let me tell you the cinnamon rolls were still awesome
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Bob Corkum has officially been named an assistant coach for the Islanders. He was unofficially a coach last year.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        Buddy had his reception there, probably 20 years ago or so. What a freakin dump it was but let me tell you the cinnamon rolls were still awesome
                        Ya, she knew how to cook. I remember going there for dinner one time on like a Tuesday, I think we were the only ones in there and they brought out so much free food to munch on that we never ended up ordering dinner because we were so full. (Ordered plenty of beers tho!)

Comment

Oh yeah...the Oronoka. I have 2 memories. One clear and one vague. Clear one was watching a classmate of mine who had been in the service chug a pitcher of draft beer in like 5 seconds.....vague one was 4 guys carrying me out ofthe Noka on my bachelors party...they each had an arm or a leg. Was ....Not....Pretty.
                          sure why not

Comment

BREAKING: The new UMaine president is Susan Hunter. She is the first female president in university history.

Comment

BREAKING: The new UMaine president is Susan Hunter. She is the first female president in university history.
                              I'm glad they hired someone who has been at the school for awhile. Hopefully they have learned from previous mistakes of hiring someone from away and them bailing a couple years later.
                              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                                I certainly hope you are wrong, but wouldn't be shocked if your spot on. Athlete code of conducts should be done away with, what a complete joke. A couple kids in MA got banned from the lacrosse playoffs for smoking a cigar at graduation, they were 18!
                                Was Ryan Lomberg smoking a cigar?

Comment

Working...
                                X