Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    You can bet the Coaches and Players do look at what the Polls say,they may say other wise...but being rated lower then there expectations maybe ANOTHER motivating factor...but they don't need Polls to get there season started on the right foot...the Coaching Staff and the Players themselves will go out and prove their worth. And the main concern to start the season will be as you say: Goaltending,either one or thru a tandem that will be a major factor in how Maine starts and makes it thru the season...my guess is you see a Tandem...until one is so far better that makes it hard not to go with just a #1.

Don't be surprised to see Morris and Romeo this weekend

Comment

• Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
      Hope some media members are ready to eat crow come this spring when Maine exceeds expectations and gets back to where they belong: The NCAAs.
      Why does Maine belong in the NCAAs?
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        Why does Maine belong in the NCAAs?
        Because it is their birthright.

Comment

Because it's what we as fans expect of them. Anything less is a disappointment.

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
            Don't be surprised to see Morris and Romeo this weekend
            I think you could be right on that one...any news on what type of injury Nugnes has? And if healthy(Nugnes)...could he also be in the mix for Starting/Backup role?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
              I think you could be right on that one...any news on what type of injury Nugnes has? And if healthy(Nugnes)...could he also be in the mix for Starting/Backup role?

They're like the Patriots when it comes to injuries: Tight-lipped. Not sure if Nik made the trip

Comment

Maine lucked out on the dressing room facilities at Sullivan Arena ... Wisconsin? Not so much ...

http://uaafan.blogspot.com/2014/10/s...ly-locker.html

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                  Maine lucked out on the dressing room facilities at Sullivan Arena ... Wisconsin? Not so much ...

http://uaafan.blogspot.com/2014/10/s...ly-locker.html
                  I love the anonymous comment, "Letting UA_ feel more at home can only hurt us. I say no to letting them use the outhouses."
                  Me: ...but why would anyone want to vacation here? There are better mountains in NH and VT, beaches in Cape Cod and RI, and colonial landmarks in Mass and CT.

Boss: You've got it all wrong. It's Vacationland because nobody would ever want to live here for more than a week.

Go MAINE! My sometimes home

Comment

Originally posted by Erix_The_Red View Post
                    I love the anonymous comment, "Letting UA_ feel more at home can only hurt us. I say no to letting them use the outhouses."
                    Division 12 locker rooms at their best.
                    was it the little Lowell coach (MacDonald) who was nonplussed at the multi little lockerroom/storage closets that Maine stuck them in about 8 years ago?

and jesus, who cares? sit, take off your street clothes and put on your skates.... it is pretty simple.. I have done it a million times in MDC rinks in Boston and those "locker rooms" are no whear near as nice as what Anchorage gave to the whining Badgers... I have had to change standing up many times too... even as a ref for "important" games.

Comment

What is this thread doing on page 2? Who is staying up for the game tonight? I am very excited for this season to start
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                        What is this thread doing on page 2?
                        Was wondering the same thing. I *think* Maine fans are excited for the season to begin, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                          What is this thread doing on page 2? Who is staying up for the game tonight? I am very excited for this season to start
                          i'll be listening at the very least....

Comment

1-1 at the end of the first. It was a bit disorganized but I thought all things considered Maine played decent enough. Maine always sucks on olympic sheets so if they could win one out of these two games it would have to be considered a success. Leen looked in a really bad way after a hit at the end of the period, hopefully he is okay.

Comment

Morris was way too deep in his crease on UAA's second goal, looked like Wilson.

Comment

If the UAA stat tracker is accurate, two D had three shots on goal tonight and no one else had that many. It's going to take more than that. I'm guessing, like last year, this team is going to struggle to win when the Shore line doesn't score.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                                43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                                104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                                3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Working...
                                X