Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
    Norman made NO mistakes on D.
    There were some pretty glaring mistakes made by one D man in particular, including
    falling down o his first shift (like simon),
    letting his man by him a lot (Like Mushaluk),
    shooting into a shin pad from the point, resulting in a rebound into the neutral zone and a break away (which was stopped by Romeo.. .his big save), and
    getting trapped in deep while jumping into the O (Like Hopson when he played D), and not seeing if someone were going to cover for him, resulting in a goal the other way....

big freshman mistakes... and hopefully good that they were made in a game that "does not matter". Let's hope he learns from them.... I remember Tyler, Nault and Deschamps (and even Matt Martin) making some of those mistakes ONCE.

Do we know why Stu was in a suit and tie? I though the was 100%.
    It's hard for me to see Norman playing in front of Rutt, Riley, Hutton, Schurhamer, Renouf, or Hamilton. I think he is better than Hayes, but i'm not sure which one Red would pick if somebody got hurt.

I believe he only started skating again six weeks ago or so. He is probably 100% healthy but not completely back to game speed. There is no need to risk him in something that is essentially meaningless either.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

I'd be surprised to not see Stu on the ice in Alaska this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
        I'd be surprised to not see Stu on the ice in Alaska this weekend
        Higgins is said to be going to Alaska,but does anyone know why Goaltender Nik Nugnes did not play vs UNB Sunday?

Comment

Any fans coming to The Greatland this weekend or just hibernating at home?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
            Higgins is said to be going to Alaska,but does anyone know why Goaltender Nik Nugnes did not play vs UNB Sunday?
            Injury
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
              Any fans coming to The Greatland this weekend or just hibernating at home?
              I'm not but I think you'll see 40 or so Maine fans out there

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                It's hard for me to see Norman playing in front of Rutt, Riley, Hutton, Schurhamer, Renouf, or Hamilton. I think he is better than Hayes, but i'm not sure which one Red would pick if somebody got hurt.

I believe he only started skating again six weeks ago or so. He is probably 100% healthy but not completely back to game speed. There is no need to risk him in something that is essentially meaningless either.
                while I did absolutely love how hamilton stays on his feet and can take anything anyone gives him, I can see Norman playing against speedier teams, at least at first. Hamilton is going to be a good one, I think. I just hope he keeps his toes out of any creases and he does not get invited by his ex girlfriend to pick up this toothbrush.

Comment

Larry's Latest: http://bangordailynews.com/2014/10/0...nders-pan-out/

Comment

• Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
                    while I did absolutely love how hamilton stays on his feet and can take anything anyone gives him, I can see Norman playing against speedier teams, at least at first. Hamilton is going to be a good one, I think. I just hope he keeps his toes out of any creases and he does not get invited by his ex girlfriend to pick up this toothbrush.
                    Like Hamilton also but the staff is high on Hayes.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      Injury
                      Ok...Thanks.

Comment

One more Hockey East preview: http://sbnation.com/e/6653984

Hope some media members are ready to eat crow come this spring when Maine exceeds expectations and gets back to where they belong: The NCAAs. Still think Vermont is up too high.

Comment

Hope some media members are ready to eat crow come this spring when Maine exceeds expectations and gets back to where they belong: The NCAAs. Still think Vermont is up too high.
                          Not so much the media. It was the coaches that picked Maine at 9, media had Maine at 6th which is much more respectable. Depth will remain an issue but we should be better than last year everywhere on the ice. Save Goaltending? Hope somebody really steps up in that regard or a tandem works out.

Comment

I disagree about Vermont. They'll be pretty tough this season, as they were last, imo.
                            sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
                              Not so much the media. It was the coaches that picked Maine at 9, media had Maine at 6th which is much more respectable. Depth will remain an issue but we should be better than last year everywhere on the ice. Save Goaltending? Hope somebody really steps up in that regard or a tandem works out.
                              Hopefully the Jedi Master keeps working with the goalies and D. I can envision him working wonders with the raw potential that came in this year. Can't wait to see this years version of the bigger and meaner black bears. Maybe that's why its up for vote this season..... just vote no on 1! Or izit 2 ?
                              sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
                                You can bet the Coaches and Players do look at what the Polls say,they may say other wise...but being rated lower then there expectations maybe ANOTHER motivating factor...but they don't need Polls to get there season started on the right foot...the Coaching Staff and the Players themselves will go out and prove their worth. And the main concern to start the season will be as you say: Goaltending,either one or thru a tandem that will be a major factor in how Maine starts and makes it thru the season...my guess is you see a Tandem...until one is so far better that makes it hard not to go with just a #1.

Comment

Working...
                                X