Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Vesey puts maine up 4-2. Pecararo with an assist. 14:31 remaining. Backhander off a faceoff.

Morris back in goal. Not sure I understand the mindset of letting a goaltender play, sit a period, and then go back in. If you were only going to play two, why not pull Morris 10 minutes into the second.

Connor Riley makes it 5-2 from Brown a minute later.
    Last edited by gscott13; 10-05-2014, 04:43 PM.

Comment

• Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

And Lacroix makes it 6-2 moments later from Musil.

3 goals in 2 minutes.

Comment

UNB gets one back. 6-3 with 10:50 left.

second time UNB has scored while they've played 4 on 4.

Comment

7-3 Maine. Musil from Lacroix. 5:31 remaining.

Bangor native, Chris Howatt is now in net for Maine.

Comment

8-3 Maine. Hutton to Renouf. 4:31 left.

Comment

Merchant hits the post.

Comment

8-3 final.

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                  Vesey puts maine up 4-2. Pecararo with an assist. 14:31 remaining. Backhander off a faceoff.

Morris back in goal. Not sure I understand the mindset of letting a goaltender play, sit a period, and then go back in. If you were only going to play two, why not pull Morris 10 minutes into the second.

Connor Riley makes it 5-2 from Brown a minute later.
                  Perhaps Howatt was going to play the entire third, but Red changed his mind after the game got close?
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                    Perhaps Howatt was going to play the entire third, but Red changed his mind after the game got close?
                    But still, are you worrying about the result of an exhibition? They brought Shore and Swavely back for the third too....

In any event, no harm no foul. Heard a lot of the youngsters numbers called by Hannigan. Sounded like Vesey, Lacroix, and Musil all stood out.

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                      But still, are you worrying about the result of an exhibition? They brought Shore and Swavely back for the third too....

In any event, no harm no foul. Heard a lot of the youngsters numbers called by Hannigan. Sounded like Vesey, Lacroix, and Musil all stood out.
                      Those 3 freshman plus pecarro? all stood out. I think the goalies looked fine. Romeo truly had 0 d out there. UND was behind the D all 2nd period. Really liked Vesey, he looks like the real deal but its only one game so.. Cam Brown looked a step quicker and a wee bit bigger so thats promising also. I was surprised Musil looked as good as he did, wasn't really expecting him to show me much but he wasn't out of place. Hayes was the one disappointment, I've heard big things about him and he was tentative at best. He went down face first to block a shot and I thought man you are crazy but.... Apparently the kid is a physical specimen so lets hope he gets comfortable out there. All and all I'd say good practice game, no one got hurt from what I could tell and they got beat on without retaliating.
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        Those 3 freshman plus pecarro? all stood out. I think the goalies looked fine. Romeo truly had 0 d out there. UND was behind the D all 2nd period. Really liked Vesey, he looks like the real deal but its only one game so.. Cam Brown looked a step quicker and a wee bit bigger so thats promising also. I was surprised Musil looked as good as he did, wasn't really expecting him to show me much but he wasn't out of place. Hayes was the one disappointment, I've heard big things about him and he was tentative at best. He went down face first to block a shot and I thought man you are crazy but.... Apparently the kid is a physical specimen so lets hope he gets comfortable out there. All and all I'd say good practice game, no one got hurt from what I could tell and they got beat on without retaliating.

The fact we got out of this with no injuries is a win. On to Anchorage

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          From the video I saw of Hayes, he looked to be very deliberate. No doubt he has to get used to the speed at this level. Especially UNB. They historically are pretty talented , quick and fast. So my bet is Malcolm struggled with that speed a bit. It'll take him a half season probably to get comfortable out there. He'll get that tentative play coached right the hell outta him
                          sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                            From the video I saw of Hayes, he looked to be very deliberate. No doubt he has to get used to the speed at this level. Especially UNB. They historically are pretty talented , quick and fast. So my bet is Malcolm struggled with that speed a bit. It'll take him a half season probably to get comfortable out there. He'll get that tentative play coached right the hell outta him
                            He looked quick going forward but slow laterally or going back. Agree on it taking some time for him.

I will say this, I'd be very surprised if Norman, Cerattani, or Merchant see many games.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              He looked quick going forward but slow laterally or going back. Agree on it taking some time for him.

I will say this, I'd be very surprised if Norman, Cerattani, or Merchant see many games.

Agree. Especially once Stu is out there

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
                                Agree. Especially once Stu is out there
                                Norman made NO mistakes on D.
                                There were some pretty glaring mistakes made by one D man in particular, including
                                falling down o his first shift (like simon),
                                letting his man by him a lot (Like Mushaluk),
                                shooting into a shin pad from the point, resulting in a rebound into the neutral zone and a break away (which was stopped by Romeo.. .his big save), and
                                getting trapped in deep while jumping into the O (Like Hopson when he played D), and not seeing if someone were going to cover for him, resulting in a goal the other way....

big freshman mistakes... and hopefully good that they were made in a game that "does not matter". Let's hope he learns from them.... I remember Tyler, Nault and Deschamps (and even Matt Martin) making some of those mistakes ONCE.

Do we know why Stu was in a suit and tie? I though the was 100%.

Comment

Working...
                                X