PDA

View Full Version : UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46

Hokydad
10-18-2014, 06:24 PM
Got a link for that news

not out there yet but its a done deal

plays in fall prep league and Maine and other schools have been pursuing. Maine is a great fit for him

turk181
10-18-2014, 06:29 PM
Got a link for that newshttps://twitter.com/ChrisDilks/status/523537682287194112

walrus
10-18-2014, 06:37 PM
https://twitter.com/ChrisDilks/status/523537682287194112

Thanks

amherstblackbear
10-18-2014, 06:42 PM
Is the radio stream giving anyone else problems? (keeps saying to log in within 15mins of start)

blackbear80
10-18-2014, 06:51 PM
Is the radio stream giving anyone else problems? (keeps saying to log in within 15mins of start)

Same here - both audio and video

all bear
10-18-2014, 06:51 PM

Same here, and the video saying same thing

BlackI
10-18-2014, 06:52 PM

I have the same problem.

amherstblackbear
10-18-2014, 06:55 PM
Video just started a moment ago. fyi

BlackI
10-18-2014, 06:58 PM
not for me. I am still getting the same message. grrrr

all bear
10-18-2014, 06:59 PM
Video just started a moment ago. fyi

Not for me it didn't
Just came on

walrus
10-18-2014, 07:38 PM
not for me. I am still getting the same message. grrrr

You aren't missing much, Maine playing with more emotion but still a goose egg on scoreboard. Hayes has gotten 3 good checks though. Romeo a little shaky but not bad. Rutt on ice for goal.

BlackI
10-18-2014, 07:58 PM
It finally came on. Thought Romeo was fighting it, lots of rebounds. Looks like they pulled him after the second Union goal.

Hockeyman99
10-18-2014, 08:05 PM
I can't believe Bunyan ever played after watching the calls.

walrus
10-18-2014, 09:12 PM
One thing you can take out of this weekend, Maine has a long way to go. You either have to be able to stop the puck or score and Maine could do neither this weekend. I wonder if Nugnes will get a chance in goal once he comes back from injury? maine gets a 2 on 1 and Union turns it around on a big fat rebound to get their own 2 on 1 and they score. Talent up front is a beautiful thing. Shore and Hutton are pressing. Rutt isn't very disciplined at times nor is he a great Dman. The young guys have to get going.

Runsub5
10-18-2014, 10:51 PM
Maine played hard and never gave up. It was very frustrating watching Maine's forwards repeatedly try and carry the puck up ice only to be pinched off and stripped of the puck. This was done over and over. When the puck was passed it couldn't be handled more often than not. Lots of room for improvement.

Ma#1ne Hky
10-19-2014, 09:57 AM
This weekend was not a very good showing on the part of Maine...especially @ Home...its pretty easy to see that there's a long ways to go to right this Program,Recruiting/Size on the D/Scoring/and the one I worried the most before and now: Goaltending...I "HOPE" that Nugnes when able can be the answer to improving the goaltending,as for now you can't feel confident with Morris/Remeo,not that they can't make the saves...but I don't see them stealing any games,especially with a lack of scoring and a loose defense around the net...patience is the word for now...but NO Sugar Coating this Team...they are a long ways from playing consistant hockey and in hind-sight the Coaches picking Maine @ 9th could very well be they also could see that this Program is a good 2 years away. Just a Painful weekend for Hockey @ Alfond this weekend.

Drew S.
10-19-2014, 10:30 AM
I think Maine got beat by a much better team this weekend, simple as. The most worrying thing to me though is how easy a lot of the Union goals came. On at least half of them I said out loud 'this isn't good' right before Union scored. You can't leave guys wide open in front of the net or let the pass get across on a 2X1. At that level those should be pretty basic things. I blame the defense much more than the goaltending for the goals Maine gave up.

On offense the biggest positive I noticed was how much Leen, Brown, and Morgan have improved. They look a lot better to me this year than last. Someone said Shore is pressing and I would completely agree. It's concerning to me that last night Red would dress two defensemen over Cerratani, Campbell, and Tegeler. Maybe those guys have injuries that I do not know about but if they do not that is not a good sign. I would like to see Hayes stay in the lineup.

As far as where Maine goes from here, it's pretty obvious the next two weekends are extremely important. Maine can't afford to lose more than one game out of the four and would ideally win all of them. After that they have 10 tough games against hockey east (4 are technically out of conference) opponents to finish the first half.

Runsub5
10-19-2014, 10:32 AM
Nice to see the Maine coaching staff return to shaking hands with the players at the end of the game. Someone must have spoken with them.

umhockey91
10-19-2014, 11:00 AM
This is a complete rebuild........the TIMMAY culture still permeates this team. Hayes is my favorite new player.......he brings it. Maine just needs to recruit better plain and simple. When you look at the Heisenberg list........almost every Hockey East team is recruiting higher level recruits than Maine.....sad but true.

On a side note......I looked at prior Heisenberg lists to see how former Maine recruits that never made it to Orono are doing. No one with the exception of Derek Arnold has done much of anything. All those Canadians that signed junior contracts are busts.

ck1969
10-19-2014, 11:23 AM
One thing you can take out of this weekend, Maine has a long way to go. You either have to be able to stop the puck or score and Maine could do neither this weekend. I wonder if Nugnes will get a chance in goal once he comes back from injury? maine gets a 2 on 1 and Union turns it around on a big fat rebound to get their own 2 on 1 and they score. Talent up front is a beautiful thing. Shore and Hutton are pressing. Rutt isn't very disciplined at times nor is he a great Dman. The young guys have to get going.

Yep they do. But it's not that shocking. I've haven't been a Rutt fan for a long time and his "style" of play is continuing this year. I was hoping he'd mature and improve......but nope. I am having a chuckle at all the posters that had this team going to the NCAA's, were going to be way better than last years team etc etc. I still think they'll improve from a 0-4 start but getting to be a .500 team would be an accomplishment.