Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TripleE View Post
    I know it. Ridiculous.

I'll pass the time by chiming in with.... 9th in the coaches poll?! We have an goaltender who has yet to have an opportunity to prove himself yet, so I'll concede that. But beyond that - there are some **** fine skaters coming back on both ends of the ice. If Morris is alright, we'll be in the mix giving it a good go many more nights than not.

I know, but in the end, the only poll that matters is the Pairwise

Comment

• Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Originally posted by TripleE View Post
      I know it. Ridiculous.

I'll pass the time by chiming in with.... 9th in the coaches poll?! We have an goaltender who has yet to have an opportunity to prove himself yet, so I'll concede that. But beyond that - there are some **** fine skaters coming back on both ends of the ice. If Morris is alright, we'll be in the mix giving it a good go many more nights than not.
      They got it fixed and I got the tickets I wanted. It looks like they moved four sections from the 'preferred' seats to cheap seats. I think they're going in the right direction but tickets are probably still 25% or so overpriced.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        They got it fixed and I got the tickets I wanted. It looks like they moved four sections from the 'preferred' seats to cheap seats. I think they're going in the right direction but tickets are probably still 25% or so overpriced.

Tickets for the game in Portland are on sale, and for those interested in seeing the UNH game in Manchester, those go on sale Oct. 6. All tickets for Portland are 24 bucks, and I believe 27/22 for Manchester.

Comment

Been pretty quiet in here lately, so in the meantime, here's a story on Stu Higgins. Having him back in the lineup will be monumental for us this year.

http://bangordailynews.com/2014/09/2...y-last-season/

Comment

• Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
            Been pretty quiet in here lately, so in the meantime, here's a story on Stu Higgins. Having him back in the lineup will be monumental for us this year.

http://bangordailynews.com/2014/09/2...y-last-season/
            He will make a massive difference. It's a shame he got hurt in a meaningless game that never should have been scheduled but that's how sports go sometimes. I'm really excited this year, Maine should be better all around than they have been in quite some time.

Comment

Higgins will make a difference if he is 100%, knee injuries ain't good, might be awhile before he gets back to normal. Should be an interesting season, we'll see if Red can keep their attention for the full season unlike last year.
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                He will make a massive difference. It's a shame he got hurt in a meaningless game that never should have been scheduled but that's how sports go sometimes. I'm really excited this year, Maine should be better all around than they have been in quite some time.

They're gonna prove the pollsters wrong, hopefully

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  Higgins will make a difference if he is 100%, knee injuries ain't good, might be awhile before he gets back to normal. Should be an interesting season, we'll see if Red can keep their attention for the full season unlike last year.
                  Buying into Red and him keeping their attn. all season will be big. But my expectations are tempered this season. I think getting to the Garden would be a big accomplishment. I still don't see NCAA's. College sports isn't like the pros where you can go from worst to first in a year or two. I think they'll be respectable but still a year, most likely two, away from being relevant again on the national scene.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                    Buying into Red and him keeping their attn. all season will be big. But my expectations are tempered this season. I think getting to the Garden would be a big accomplishment. I still don't see NCAA's. College sports isn't like the pros where you can go from worst to first in a year or two. I think they'll be respectable but still a year, most likely two, away from being relevant again on the national scene.
                    Year #2 of a 4 year plan....

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                      Year #2 of a 4 year plan....
                      We're halfway there....
                      Deal With It... 1993 and 1999 National Champions

http://goblackbears.ytmnd.com

Comment

• Originally posted by ck1969 View Post

It can happen in 2-3 years. Y'all gotta believe. Brian Kelly had Notre Dame ranked No. 1 shortly after cleaning up Weis mess

Comment

• Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                          Who on Maine's schedule other than Providence do you look at and think 'wow, they're a lot better team than Maine'? That is the thing that really gives me hope this year. There aren't many teams that have both a forward and dman rated in the top 10 either. I'm not really sure what to make of the talk about the goalies all looking good. I'd prefer to hear that one guy was really standing out but it could be the players/coaches are just being PC.

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
                            It can happen in 2-3 years. Y'all gotta believe. Brian Kelly had Notre Dame ranked No. 1 shortly after cleaning up Weis mess
                            And his team also didn't have a known commodity at goalie!

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                              And his team also didn't have a known commodity at goalie!

Read this article. There are no "issues," according to Red and the guys.

http://bangordailynews.com/2014/10/0...-gendron-says/

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
                                Read this article. There are no "issues," according to Red and the guys.

http://bangordailynews.com/2014/10/0...-gendron-says/
                                I'm mostly just joking. But as a hypothetical if Red (or any coach) was terrified of his goalie situation what do you think he would tell his local paper?

Comment

Working...
                                X