Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
    If the league schedule is a mirror of this past season, as it appears to be, then the home game against Lowell should be the weekend of 1/16-17. I highly doubt Maine and Lowell would do a home-and-home on back to back nights (12/5-12/6)
    They could host Lowell on 1/16 and BC on 1/18. Those teams play BU on the opposite days.

Comment

Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Tim McCarver (I thought he just retired), was broadcasting a St Louis Cardinal game the other night on MLB. He mentions that he just met goal tender Ben Bishop and was very impressed with his size. I was waiting for him to reveal where Ben played his college hockey but he never did and probably had no clue, I doubt McCarver follows much hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
        Pretty sleepy thread. Everyone must be enjoying the good weather....finally!
        Oh it may heat up next week...isn't Lomborgs Court date set for next Tuesday(6-17)?

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
          Oh it may heat up next week...isn't Lomborgs Court date set for next Tuesday(6-17)?
          I doubt it. He'll plead guilty to a reduced charge, pay a small fine and it will be done.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
            I doubt it. He'll plead guilty to a reduced charge, pay a small fine and it will be done.

It's actually the 19th, and since his charge isn't a felony, he'll likely have a lawyer represent him and he won't be present in the courtroom. He'll likely plead guilty, get community service, will get a small suspension and that will be the long and the short of it. Doubt he makes the trip to Anchorage but I think he plays starting with the first or second home series.

Comment

Nah, I'm guessing up dere they'll tar and feather him first, ask questions second, then ball and chain him before sending him into solitary confinement for 10 years. After which he'll get a fair trial. No, no...after which the Redster will get his hands on him and pencil whip him to death.
              sure why not

Comment

I guess I am in the Minority,but I won't be surprised that Lomborg gets more then a slap on the wrist...you figure the Court Case and then he has to deal with the New A.D. on the Athletic Conduct Code and then in the very end he has to face up to Red Gendron...that's one Hat Trick he may rue to see...I won't be surprised if he gets Scholarship Money taken away(If he isn't dropped from the Team/if guilty)and a 10-12 game suspension(if he remains on the Team). I don't think he comes out of this as well as people think. I would think Red sends a message on this one to all take notice...but that's just imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                  I guess I am in the Minority,but I won't be surprised that Lomborg gets more then a slap on the wrist...you figure the Court Case and then he has to deal with the New A.D. on the Athletic Conduct Code and then in the very end he has to face up to Red Gendron...that's one Hat Trick he may rue to see...I won't be surprised if he gets Scholarship Money taken away(If he isn't dropped from the Team/if guilty)and a 10-12 game suspension(if he remains on the Team). I don't think he comes out of this as well as people think. I would think Red sends a message on this one to all take notice...but that's just imo.
                  I certainly hope you are wrong, but wouldn't be shocked if your spot on. Athlete code of conducts should be done away with, what a complete joke. A couple kids in MA got banned from the lacrosse playoffs for smoking a cigar at graduation, they were 18!
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    I certainly hope you are wrong, but wouldn't be shocked if your spot on. Athlete code of conducts should be done away with, what a complete joke. A couple kids in MA got banned from the lacrosse playoffs for smoking a cigar at graduation, they were 18!

OK now THAT is pretty stupid. Just shows the standards this country has nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
                      OK now THAT is pretty stupid. Just shows the standards this country has nowadays.
                      I guess this is life in 2014, unfortunately. I'm sure it is only going to get worse. Let kids be kids and leave them alone. I'm not sure how it benefits anybody to try to make all kinds of rules and punish them for petty things.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

I guess this is life in 2014, unfortunately. I'm sure it is only going to get worse. Let kids be kids and leave them alone. I'm not sure how it benefits anybody to try to make all kinds of rules and punish them for petty things.
                        They have (and sign) a no tobacco policy, and campus is a tobacco-free zone. Yes, it's a shame, but if they start making exceptions you'll never hear the end of it.

Comment

Agree 100%. If smoking a cigar is the worst thing my kids ever do I'll praise the Lord. Jeez, when I was at Maine, if it was like today's society, they wouldn't have had ANY players on the roster. Between El Cheapos, the Oronoka and other various parties we all would've been kicked out of school.

Comment

It's a slippery slope to totalitarianism. We're approaching our Independence Day, a time where we give thanks for our freedoms; and we're the land of the free thanks to the actions of the brave. I guess the lesson now that we all need keep being reminded of is that we're only as free as our ability to stay within the rules, even though each year there are new rules we have to obey and less freedoms than we had before. It's hard to have any clear sense of what is right and wrong other than to follow the rules that we are given because what was acceptable 10 years ago may be considered abhorrent today.

Comment

Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
                              It's a slippery slope to totalitarianism. We're approaching our Independence Day, a time where we give thanks for our freedoms; and we're the land of the free thanks to the actions of the brave. I guess the lesson now that we all need keep being reminded of is that we're only as free as our ability to stay within the rules, even though each year there are new rules we have to obey and less freedoms than we had before. It's hard to have any clear sense of what is right and wrong other than to follow the rules that we are given because what was acceptable 10 years ago may be considered abhorrent today.

If parents didn't demand zero tolerance laws to keep little Susie and Jimmy safe the schools wouldn't have these rules. The kids knew what the rules were and chose to break them anyway. How would you feel if you were on the opposing team and the kids got caught breaking the rules and were allowed to play anyway? What other rules could they break and still be allowed to play?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post

If PC crowd and PC Administrations didn't demand zero tolerance laws to keep little Lafwanda and Mohammad FEELING safe (at UMaine!!!) the schools wouldn't have these rules. The kids knew what the rules were and they got caught breaking them and did not have the Jerry York machine there at the ready to bail them out and cover things up. How would you feel if you were on the opposing team and the kids got caught breaking the rules and were allowed to play anyway---who wants to play against anyone dumb enough to get caught? What other rules could they break and still be allowed to play?
                                fyp... and you were a member of the '93 team --rolling my eyes so you can HEAR it from Androscoggin Cty.

Comment

Working...
                                X