Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Nice story by Larry Mahoney on Jack Musil.

Comment

• Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
      Please tell me you're talking about Portland and not Provincetown. Ya hack.
      You don't like Provincetown? I figured that's where your roots are.......... ya HACK
      sure why not

Comment

Hockey tickets arrived today. Unlike last year, a schedule was included along with a few words from the coach.

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
          You don't like Provincetown? I figured that's where your roots are.......... ya HACK
          His roots are in O town (thats Orono not Ogunquit) like any good god fearing Maine fan.
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            His roots are in O town (thats Orono not Ogunquit) like any good god fearing Maine fan.
            Just the cool ones, eh, Wally?
            bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
            SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
            All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
            A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
              Just the cool ones, eh, Wally?

We were picked 6th in HEA. All 3 Boston teams in the top 4. Yeah, the a Hockey East media respects us

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
                We were picked 6th in HEA. All 3 Boston teams in the top 4. Yeah, the a Hockey East media respects us
                Who gives a shi t about a preseason poll.? who cares about the media, they don't decide who wins or loses a game.
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I think we're right where we want to be for a meaningless preseason poll ~ right in the middle of the pack

Comment

• Originally posted by Maine Event View Post
                    I think we're right where we want to be for a meaningless preseason poll ~ right in the middle of the pack
                    Yeah, other than UML I think you could make a reasonable argument for the other teams being ahead of us. I really can't see a whole lot of difference between Maine, BC, BU, Northeastern, and UVM.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Respect is earned.

Comment

Apparently the coaches aren't giving us a lot of respect either. Ninth? C'mon. And by the way this is only the 2nd time in 14 years a Boston team was not the preseason No. 1. What does that tell us, other than the fact that Providence is good?

https://***********/hockey_east/stat...366656/photo/1

Comment

And by the way this is only the 2nd time in 14 years a Boston team was not the preseason No. 1. What does that tell us, other than the fact that Providence is good?

whelp... to be fair, since 2000, a Boston team has been in 9 frozen fours, winning 5 of them and losing in the final another 3 times.....
                          Last edited by gscott13; 09-22-2014, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Apparently the coaches aren't giving us a lot of respect either. Ninth? C'mon. And by the way this is only the 2nd time in 14 years a Boston team was not the preseason No. 1. What does that tell us, other than the fact that Providence is good?

Maybe Maine and UNH are mixed up? I think UNH being fifth is more surprising than Maine being ninth.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              Maybe Maine and UNH are mixed up? I think UNH being fifth is more surprising than Maine being ninth.

I agree. Maine is a top-5 team and UNH is way too high seeing how their goalie just got arrested

Comment

this is only the 2nd time in 14 years a Boston team was not the preseason No. 1. What does that tell us, other than the fact that Providence is good?
                                That you spent too much time analyzing the past (meaningless) preseason rankings?

Comment

Working...
                                X