PDA

View Full Version : UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Drew S.
10-14-2014, 08:41 PM
Are there tickets available for this weekend? Looks like about a 400 mile drive but I always wanted to make it to Alfond, heard so much about it.

Yes, I just checked and there are plenty of tickets for both games available, www.globlackbearstickets.com is the website where you can buy tickets. The end with the luxury boxes is the one Union will shoot twice at.

Wholin1
10-15-2014, 07:16 AM
Yes, I just checked and there are plenty of tickets for both games available, www.globlackbearstickets.com is the website where you can buy tickets. The end with the luxury boxes is the one Union will shoot twice at.Thanks. Having trouble finding a place to stay so it looks like I will be watching on Fox Friday and online Saturday. Wondering how is the streaming broadcast quality?

TERRIERFANinLA
10-15-2014, 07:43 AM
Thanks. Having trouble finding a place to stay so it looks like I will be watching on Fox Friday and online Saturday. Wondering how is the streaming broadcast quality?

Travellodge in Bangor is $85 on hotels.com

and has availability both Friday and Saturday.

TERRIERFANinLA
10-15-2014, 07:45 AM
Do you think Tim would come back if we asked him? :D;)

another super question is do you think Tim would donate to the endowment drive if we asked him (or any other former coach... Hel1 I can think of only 1 who might, may be 2)

Runsub5
10-15-2014, 11:37 AM
another super question is do you think Tim would donate to the endowment drive if we asked him (or any other former coach... Hel1 I can think of only 1 who might, may be 2)

Tim has a lot of integrity and character, he might donate. On the other hand he was dismissed and that might make it more difficult. It's unfortunate this endowment was not initiated 5-6 years ago. It would have helped the program immensely and possibly could have saved Tim's job.

BBDiehard14
10-15-2014, 12:15 PM
There's been a lot of talk the last 24 hours about which teams in Hockey East we Maine fans "hate." My hatred of BU is probably at the top - although they were easy to hate when Parker was behind the bench - and UNH is right behind them, along with the Evil Empire.

all bear
10-15-2014, 03:22 PM
Tim has a lot of integrity and character, he might donate. On the other hand he was dismissed and that might make it more difficult. It's unfortunate this endowment was not initiated 5-6 years ago. It would have helped the program immensely and possibly could have saved Tim's job.
Is this the same Tim that ran Grant Standbrook and Guy Perron out of town? What kind of effin integrity do you call that ? The guy was a bullchitter and a half azzed coach.... deal with it.

Ma#1ne Hky
10-15-2014, 04:07 PM
Is this the same Tim that ran Grant Standbrook and Guy Perron out of town? What kind of effin integrity do you call that ? The guy was a bullchitter and a half azzed coach.... deal with it.TW was never ready for UMaine Hockey,he came in under tough terms...but he also came in and had the Program/Fans/Asst. Coaches/a strong recruit ties and he simply was NOT up to the TASK...he could not get over being in the Shadow of Shawn Walsh and he resented that...he made his bed in the following years which turned out to be a Disaster for the Program and is still a on going work in Progress for Gendron & Co. TW wanted it to be 9 to 5/go Home and forget everything,but a Head Coach in a Upper Level Program has to know...its more then just a job...it's your Life...plain and simply.

walrus
10-15-2014, 04:30 PM
Tim was probably the reason it wasn't started 5 or 6 years ago

TERRIERFANinLA
10-15-2014, 04:55 PM
TW was never ready for UMaine Hockey,he came in under tough terms...but he also came in and had the Program/Fans/Asst. Coaches/a strong recruit ties and he simply was NOT up to the TASK...he could not get over being in the Shadow of Shawn Walsh and he resented that...he made his bed in the following years which turned out to be a Disaster for the Program and is still a on going work in Progress for Gendron & Co. TW wanted it to be 9 to 5/go Home and forget everything,but a Head Coach in a Upper Level Program has to know...its more then just a job...it's your Life...plain and simply.

as much as I did not care for him as a person (micromanager) or as a coach (did not quite understand that physicality is part of hockey), he did NOT work a 9 to 5 job,even if he had wished it were 9 to 5. he put in tireless hours and did his best.... he gave his life to this program and failed to delegate and allow others to use their talents, I think THAT was his undoing... not working short hours.

you may know different

rufus
10-15-2014, 05:00 PM
I don't know if he resented being in Shawn's shadow, but I do feel after his initial success with the program, it went to his head a little bit, and he decided he wanted to make it his, he figured he could do it on his own, which is why the guys, Grant and Guy, who had ties to the older program had to go. The old Walsh hands gone, he was free to build the program on his terms, a clean slate, "The Whitehead Era".

We all saw how well that turned out. TIMMAY just wasn't quite as smart, or as good a coach, as he thought he was.

Runsub5
10-15-2014, 05:33 PM
Tim was probably the reason it wasn't started 5 or 6 years ago

I find that hard to believe. Part of his job description was fund raising and he spent a great deal of time doing it. I think he would have welcomed an endowment. It would have allowed him to do more recruiting, evaluating players and coaching. The very things Gendron and Guite say they will now be able to do.

all bear
10-15-2014, 05:43 PM
I find that hard to believe. Part of his job description was fund raising and he spent a great deal of time doing it. I think he would have welcomed an endowment. It would have allowed him to do more recruiting, evaluating players and coaching. The very things Gendron and Guite say they will now be able to do.

Horsechit. A good coach and a good manager of people and tasks knows how to get these things done... I was aghast to see both Tim and Guy on a recruiting trip at an airport many years ago. Failure to trust your assistants with their opinion? I think so.

walrus
10-15-2014, 05:58 PM
Maybe but tons of folks pulled away from the program. FOMH turned into a shell of its former self because your boy Tim couldn't be bothered

Ma#1ne Hky
10-16-2014, 02:47 AM
Is it correct that Fridays game time is 7:30 instead of 7?

walrus
10-16-2014, 05:47 AM
Is it correct that Fridays game time is 7:30 instead of 7?

yes, I dislike the later starts. Don't believe its on tv so not sure why its a later start

BBDiehard14
10-16-2014, 06:14 AM
yes, I dislike the later starts. Don't believe its on tv so not sure why its a later start

Local tv has it. I don't like later starts either

Drew S.
10-16-2014, 06:17 AM

Maybe give working folks a chance to get there? It takes me three and a half hours to drive up and I think they should have every Friday night game start at 7:30.

rufus
10-16-2014, 07:19 AM

Perhaps, but no one was rushing to start an endowment fund when he was head coach. And the way he dealt with people around the program and its supporters may have been part of the reason.

BBDiehard14
10-16-2014, 09:16 AM
Well the sooner they get us back to the NCAA Tournament the better. I know a lot of "fans" are crying be patient and all that crap, but there's only so much patient and failing to live up to expectations we can take up here. Not making the NCAA Tournament is not acceptable.