Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    Headed in the right direction but still way too high. Who in their right mind is going to pay $30 to see University of New Brunswick play? The problem Maine has is that they are in a vicious cycle of plenty of single game tickets being available so people are less likely to keep their season tickets which makes attendance even lower the following year.
    I'm not sure if you read the entire article. Where are you getting $30 tickets for UNB from? Is that based on a party of two from last year's numbers? It's $17 a pop for UNB this year, and the median ticket price went down overall. I fail to see the big deal.
    Last edited by blackbearbone; 09-17-2014, 10:42 PM.

Comment

• Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
      I agree. First of all this team needs to demonstrate they can win on the road. Secondly, they need to develop as the season progresses and peak at the end. last year they peaked way too early and "tanked" at the end.
      Not so sure that's what they need to show. They need to show that they're stronger and more disciplined mentally so a weekend like what happened at Notre Dame doesn't send them tanking for the season.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by blackbearbone View Post
        I'm not sure if you read the entire article. Where are you getting $30 tickets for UNB from? Is that based on a party of two from last year's numbers? It's $17 a pop for UNB this year, and the median ticket price went down overall. I fail to see the big deal.
        Some of the tickets are $17 and some are $30. The big deal is that the arena is half empty for most games. The only way they are going to fill it again is by significantly lowering the prices. There were folks on here a year ago saying all Maine had to do was win and the place would be full. Well guess what, Maine went 13-3 (I think that is what the article said) at home last year and they have sold less season tickets this year, even with a much better schedule. There are schools in hockey east that charge less than $200, including BC which plays Michigan and Minnesota at home this year. The administration at Umaine needs to front up and significantly lower ticket prices or pretty soon there will be less than 1K season ticket holders, regardless of the team's performance.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
          Lowell is way too high. They lost a lot so they'll take a small step back
          maybe, but I would no bet on it... hamilton, hutton, carr and hellybuck were all fantasitc college goalies... that tells me that it is the goalie coach at least as much as it is the team(s) and head coaches.

if they still have the same goalie coach, I am not assuming that they are going down much in the rankings without hellybuck.

I can imagine BC, PC, and NU finishing ahead of them and MAYBE ND

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            Some of the tickets are $17 and some are $30. The big deal is that the arena is half empty for most games. The only way they are going to fill it again is by significantly lowering the prices. There were folks on here a year ago saying all Maine had to do was win and the place would be full. Well guess what, Maine went 13-3 (I think that is what the article said) at home last year and they have sold less season tickets this year, even with a much better schedule. There are schools in hockey east that charge less than $200, including BC which plays Michigan and Minnesota at home this year. The administration at Umaine needs to front up and significantly lower ticket prices or pretty soon there will be less than 1K season ticket holders, regardless of the team's performance.
            I am with Drew, they university has to start selling $5 kid tickets, or letting them in for free... that will fill the place up AND get a whole new generation of fans... Drew is the youngster on this board and he is getting pretty long in the tooth... the rest of the Maine fans are near retirement age...give or take.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
              Not so sure that's what they need to show. They need to show that they're stronger and more disciplined mentally so a weekend like what happened at Notre Dame doesn't send them tanking for the season.
              were you at the providence playoff games???
              that was men against boys... showing they are stronger can only be done if they are stronger or at least close to as strong.

Comment

Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
                I am with Drew, they university has to start selling $5 kid tickets, or letting them in for free... that will fill the place up AND get a whole new generation of fans... Drew is the youngster on this board and he is getting pretty long in the tooth... the rest of the Maine fans are near retirement age...give or take.

30 bucks is too much for a kid to get into a college hockey game. And not all Maine fans are near retirement age, bro. Football fans, maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  Realistic in this case. I think they improve but they aren't going to win it all. If they are top 4 in HE, Red did one heck of a job
                  They'll finish top4. Write it down. I'm good for a beer in P town if not.
                  sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                    What about Beantown at the Frozen Four
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

Done deal I still say top 3

Comment

You're coming down to see the Eagles play? Cool.
                        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Chit I'd double that down in Beantown if da Bears are dere.
                          sure why not

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                            You're coming down to see the Eagles play? Cool.

Naw. The Empire won't be there

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
                              Naw. The Empire won't be there
                              Probably right, considering Maine has a Hobey Finalist, will finish top 4 HE and FF participant. Bummer for us.

But hey... I think I saw you today driving down the Interstate. That was me waving.
                              Knew it was you when I saw your vanity plate... DREAMLAND.
                              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                                Please tell me you're talking about Portland and not Provincetown. Ya hack.
                                bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                                SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                                All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                                A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Working...
                                X