PDA

View Full Version : UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

BBDiehard14
10-09-2014, 07:48 PM
I think you could be right on that one...any news on what type of injury Nugnes has? And if healthy(Nugnes)...could he also be in the mix for Starting/Backup role?

They're like the Patriots when it comes to injuries: Tight-lipped. Not sure if Nik made the trip

uaafanblog
10-09-2014, 08:09 PM
Maine lucked out on the dressing room facilities at Sullivan Arena ... Wisconsin? Not so much ...

http://uaafan.blogspot.com/2014/10/shuchuk-nonplussed-tweets-sully-locker.html

Erix_The_Red
10-10-2014, 07:03 AM
Maine lucked out on the dressing room facilities at Sullivan Arena ... Wisconsin? Not so much ...

http://uaafan.blogspot.com/2014/10/shuchuk-nonplussed-tweets-sully-locker.html

I love the anonymous comment, "Letting UA_ feel more at home can only hurt us. I say no to letting them use the outhouses."

TERRIERFANinLA
10-10-2014, 07:32 AM
I love the anonymous comment, "Letting UA_ feel more at home can only hurt us. I say no to letting them use the outhouses."

Division 12 locker rooms at their best.
was it the little Lowell coach (MacDonald) who was nonplussed at the multi little lockerroom/storage closets that Maine stuck them in about 8 years ago?

and jesus, who cares? sit, take off your street clothes and put on your skates.... it is pretty simple.. I have done it a million times in MDC rinks in Boston and those "locker rooms" are no whear near as nice as what Anchorage gave to the whining Badgers... I have had to change standing up many times too... even as a ref for "important" games.

Drew S.
10-10-2014, 07:54 PM
What is this thread doing on page 2? Who is staying up for the game tonight? I am very excited for this season to start

umhockey91
10-10-2014, 08:54 PM
What is this thread doing on page 2?

Was wondering the same thing. I *think* Maine fans are excited for the season to begin, no?

gscott13
10-10-2014, 09:10 PM
What is this thread doing on page 2? Who is staying up for the game tonight? I am very excited for this season to start

i'll be listening at the very least....

Drew S.
10-10-2014, 11:41 PM
1-1 at the end of the first. It was a bit disorganized but I thought all things considered Maine played decent enough. Maine always sucks on olympic sheets so if they could win one out of these two games it would have to be considered a success. Leen looked in a really bad way after a hit at the end of the period, hopefully he is okay.

Drew S.
10-11-2014, 12:04 AM
Morris was way too deep in his crease on UAA's second goal, looked like Wilson.

BoSox3066
10-11-2014, 01:56 AM
If the UAA stat tracker is accurate, two D had three shots on goal tonight and no one else had that many. It's going to take more than that. I'm guessing, like last year, this team is going to struggle to win when the Shore line doesn't score.

walrus
10-11-2014, 05:38 AM
If the UAA stat tracker is accurate, two D had three shots on goal tonight and no one else had that many. It's going to take more than that. I'm guessing, like last year, this team is going to struggle to win when the Shore line doesn't score.
Yeah, it's gonna take some time to get going. Travel wise, that's a tough first game. Hopefully tonight will be better.

BobF
10-11-2014, 05:52 AM
Yeah, it's gonna take some time to get going. Travel wise, that's a tough first game. Hopefully tonight will be better.

Have to agree a 5 hour time change is not ideal for first game of the year in order to get a read on this team. Had to be tired legs to be outshot 29-19 (I hope). Also agree with other post that the Shore line has to get on the board. Lines according to Hockey East were interesting, no Higgins again and Vesey on the first line with Shore and Swavely.

Here's to a better outcome today!

walrus
10-11-2014, 06:12 AM
Have to agree a 5 hour time change is not ideal for first game of the year in order to get a read on this team. Had to be tired legs to be outshot 29-19 (I hope). Also agree with other post that the Shore line has to get on the board. Lines according to Hockey East were interesting, no Higgins again and Vesey on the first line with Shore and Swavely.

Here's to a better outcome today!
Vesey looked good against UNB, real good. Lets see if they can regroup for this afternoons game which is on 8pm. Its only a 4 hour difference isn't it?

all bear
10-11-2014, 07:11 AM
Thought UAA played extremely well defensively, and with an edge. Didn't allow many opportunities. Maine gotta learn to fight through that crap. Rough time to watch a hockey game.;)

all bear
10-11-2014, 07:13 AM
Vesey looked good against UNB, real good. Lets see if they can regroup for this afternoons game which is on 8pm. Its only a 4 hour difference isn't it?
Yeah, 4 hours. Wonder if that 24 hour pass works for tonight game. It should, its a wcha thing I believe.

DoubleA
10-11-2014, 11:04 AM

Tough first game all the way out in Alaska... It'll take a couple of games for them to gel. There are a lot of Freshmen who are getting substantial playing time and they'll have a big adjustment to D1. Remember last season, first two regular season games against St Lawrence. Two losses. Had we played St Lawrence again later in the season, the Bears would have recorded W's. By the end of December, we had racked up 10 wins. We know Red has a plan, probably a very good one. Key question as we all know will be...Goaltending. I suspect we see Romeo in net tonight.

Unrelated and NFN, but I just noticed on the HockeyEast site that UNH is still listing DeSmith on the roster...Incorrect.

walrus
10-11-2014, 02:43 PM
. I suspect we see Romeo in net tonight. .
Maybe, he looked ok against UNB and if the boys are suffering from the travel it might make sense to go the rested goalie

AKSWF
10-11-2014, 03:14 PM
You guys played very good tonight, we got breaks when we needed them. Hope when we travel up there we won't bee too tired.

BlackI
10-11-2014, 05:59 PM
Looks like Leen may be injured? He is out of the line up according to this link: https://twitter.com/UAAHockey/status/521054635537088512/photo/1

Norman and Cerratani in, with Leen and Tegeler out.

Vesey/Shore/Swavely
Morgan/Brown/Byron
Merchant/Lecroix/Musil
Norman/Cerretani/Campbell

Hutton/Schurhamer
Rutt/Hamilton
Renouf/Riley

goalie?

Drew S.
10-11-2014, 06:16 PM
Looks like Leen may be injured? He is out of the line up according to this link: https://twitter.com/UAAHockey/status/521054635537088512/photo/1

Norman and Cerratani in, with Leen and Tegeler out.

Vesey/Shore/Swavely
Morgan/Brown/Byron
Merchant/Lecroix/Musil
Norman/Cerretani/Campbell

Hutton/Schurhamer
Rutt/Hamilton
Renouf/Riley

goalie?

Leen took a nasty hit at the end of the first last night, wouldn't be surprised if he is out awhile. Is Pecararo hurt too?