Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    Ok everyone the season is less then a month away...lets put out our Picks for the Hockey East Regular Season/Frozen 4 Teams/UMaine player to have a great season/and a UMaine Player that's needs to step it up. - Hockey East: 1.Providence 2.Boston College 3.Northeastern 4.Vermont 5.MAINE 6.Notre Dame 7.Boston University 8.UMass-Lowell 9.New Hampshire 10.UMass 11.Merrimack 12.UConn - Frozen 4 Boston April 2015: Colgate - Providence - North Dakota - Minnesota. - UMaine player with a great season: Devin Shore,50 points in 36 games - 17 goals 33 assist. - Player needing to step up: Will Merchant... - well that my .02,hopefully others will follow/interesting to see what others fore-see to this upcoming season.
    I could not possibly guess the frozen four or the order of HE teams' finish.

Hutton will be amazing on the scoreboard, as long as he has someone like O'Connor taking care of what should be both of their end of the ice again.

Shurhamer will knock our socks off with his decision making and stick handling skills... people are going to be reminded why Imes was so great.

Comment

• Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
      I could not possibly guess the frozen four or the order of HE teams' finish.

Hutton will be amazing on the scoreboard, as long as he has someone like O'Connor taking care of what should be both of their end of the ice again.

Shurhamer will knock our socks off with his decision making and stick handling skills... people are going to be reminded why Imes was so great.
      I agree with this 100%. It's hard to remember a year where there is only one team (Providence) without a major flaw or question mark. I actually think Maine could have a decent chance of winning the league if one of the three goalies steps up.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Scott McLaughlin offered his .02's on Twitter: 1. Providence, 2. BC, 3. BU, 4. Northeastern, 5. Maine, 6. Vermont, 7. Lowell, 8. Notre Dame, 9. UNH, 10. Merrimack, 11. UMass, 12. UConn.

Suffice to say, like a lot of other HEA journalists, his Boston bias is pretty **** high. BU and Vermont should be lower. I'd flop Maine over both Northeastern and BU.

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
          I'd flop Maine over both Northeastern and BU.
          I think that Roy+Szmatula>Shore and Witt > Maine's goalies.

I hope I am wrong.

Comment

But who is going to put the puck in the net for the Huskies? And I kind of think Vermont is rated a bit too high as well.

Comment

But who is going to put the puck in the net for the Huskies? And I kind of think Vermont is rated a bit too high as well.
              8 of their top 10 and 12 of their top 15 point scorers return from a team that scored more goals (117) than Maine did last year (102). NE returns 87 goals to Maine's 77. The 8 returning scorer's in their top ten were all freshman (5) and sophomores (3). I wouldn't sell Northeastern short at all. Their biggest question will be like Maine, who will be between the pipes and how well will they perform...

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                8 of their top 10 and 12 of their top 15 point scorers return from a team that scored more goals (117) than Maine did last year (102). NE returns 87 goals to Maine's 77. The 8 returning scorer's in their top ten were all freshman (5) and sophomores (3). I wouldn't sell Northeastern short at all. Their biggest question will be like Maine, who will be between the pipes and how well will they perform...
                Clay Witt will be in net for NU. Same guy as last season.
                Northeastern 2014-2015 Roster

Check out post #499. TERRIERFANinLA nailed all of the above in one sentence.
                Last edited by FiveHole12; 09-15-2014, 03:26 PM.
                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                  Clay Witt will be in net for NU. Same guy as last season.
                  Northeastern 2014-2015 Roster

Check out post #499. TERRIERFANinLA nailed all of the above in one sentence.

Agreed on TFinLA re: roy/szmatula > shore. Didn't realize Witt had redshirted which is why I looked up his stats...
                  Last edited by gscott13; 09-15-2014, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                    Agreed on TFinLA re: roy/szmatula > shore. Didn't realize Witt had redshirted which is why I looked up his stats...

Don't be shocked if Devin is a Hobey finalist

Comment

He's got talent, and we shouldn't be shocked if he plays to his potential and that happens, but I think in order for that to happen everyone else needs to be firing on all cylinders. We won't know what we'll see until we see it and they start playing a few games. I can't wait to see the team dynamic with the new pieces to the puzzle, and how goaltending will hold up through it all. I'd feel much more confident about not being shocked if Shore were a hobey finalist were it not for the fact that our administrators kicked to the curb one of the bigger role players in the supporting cast, but the team is greater than any individual and it's up to everyone to come together and play as a team to get the job done. I'd much rather see a balanced scoring team than one or two guys dominating the score sheet every game.

Comment

What kind of numbers do you expect, ie., games played, goals, assists, points?
                        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                          What kind of numbers do you expect, ie., games played, goals, assists, points?
                          He had 14-29-43 last year, which is actually more than I thought. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets something like 20-30-50, that is very impressive but still a few short of being a hobey baker finalist in my opinion. The thing that will really hold him back is not having another great player as a line mate. Maine will have half a dozen decent forwards but Shore is the only elite one.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

i wouldn't be shocked at all... if he really puts it together, he'll have a chance, but that means someone else really needs to have a breakout season... I think TFLA's point was that the Combination of Roy/Szmatula (Combined 34-51-85) is going to be better than Shore (14-29-43) and anyone else you put with him (Leen if you go with the next highest point scoring forward with 6-17-23) for 20-46-66.

Roy and Shore in and of themselves, are pretty comparable, with only three points separating the two... the drop off is in that secondary scorer....

I'm with Drew though, Devin will need to do more than 20-30-50 to get there... something like 25-30 goals 35-40 assists... essentially 60+ points to be a finalist.... for that to happen, a Hutton cannot be the team's second leading scorer... one or two other forwards need to make the jump...

Comment

• Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                              i wouldn't be shocked at all... if he really puts it together, he'll have a chance, but that means someone else really needs to have a breakout season... I think TFLA's point was that the Combination of Roy/Szmatula (Combined 34-51-85) is going to be better than Shore (14-29-43) and anyone else you put with him (Leen if you go with the next highest point scoring forward with 6-17-23) for 20-46-66.

Roy and Shore in and of themselves, are pretty comparable, with only three points separating the two... the drop off is in that secondary scorer....

I'm with Drew though, Devin will need to do more than 20-30-50 to get there... something like 25-30 goals 35-40 assists... essentially 60+ points to be a finalist.... for that to happen, a Hutton cannot be the team's second leading scorer... one or two other forwards need to make the jump...

I can see a first-year guy stepping up and contributing right away. This can be a frozen four team if things fall the right way

Comment

Don't we have two teams in Hockey East with the same nickname?

Comment

Working...
                                X