Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
    I thought of Vermont only because their assistant coach, Kevin Patrick, was Lomberg's coach at Muskegon in the USHL.

There was a little blurb from The Hockey News that mentioned Lomberg that appeared online last week too:

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/co...isting-arrest/
    Could very well be where he ends up...helps to have someone there that knows what a player is all about. Would be a strong addition to Vermont.

Comment

• Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Cripes........are you guys STILL talking about Lomberg??? Can we talk about something else once the season starts?.....pretty please with sugar on top.

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
        Cripes........are you guys STILL talking about Lomberg??? Can we talk about something else once the season starts?.....pretty please with sugar on top.

Well we lost a good player so what do you expect?

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
          No one is stopping you from talking about something else.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            No one is stopping you from talking about something else.
            He comes in here whining about folks talking about lomborg and then adds nothing except talk about lomberg
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              He comes in here whining about folks talking about lomberg and then adds nothing except talk about lomberg
              I know whose playbook he took it out of.

that all said. who is going to the lobsterfest to support the team?

I really want to go, but I also really want to send a message to the university that running kangaroo courts that do not seem to think that the US constitution should be followed when meting out punishments for alleged crimes is just not ok.

I cannot stand the ivory tower liberals who want to nanny everyone to death.

there was NOTHING done that took into consideration the outcome of the criminal process in the state courts... those dolts already knew what they were going to do, so telling all of us that they were waiting for the outcome of the criminal process was an insulting lie...

Comment

Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
                I know whose playbook he took it out of.

that all said. who is going to the lobsterfest to support the team?

I really want to go, but I also really want to send a message to the university that running kangaroo courts that do not seem to think that the US constitution should be followed when meting out punishments for alleged crimes is just not ok.

I cannot stand the ivory tower liberals who want to nanny everyone to death.

there was NOTHING done that took into consideration the outcome of the criminal process in the state courts... those dolts already knew what they were going to do, so telling all of us that they were waiting for the outcome of the criminal process was an insulting lie...

I can totally understand why you'd want to send a message to the suits in the Ivory Tower at UMaine with their Kangaroo Court ruling by withholding support that you otherwise wouldn't (like thinking about not going to lobsterfest when there would be no reason to even think about not going if that's something you'd usually go to), but it's important to understand that the players themselves are probably having a much harder time with the ruling than we are, and I'm sure it would make them feel much better if the fans got a chance to tell them in person that we feel bad about how their teammate's case was handled and to let them know that we will support the team and the coaching staff even though we think the administrators are totally out of line with their unresonable decision.

There's another article from the Bangor Daily on the upcoming season too:

http://bangordailynews.com/2014/09/0...?ref=SportsBox
                Last edited by blackbearbandie; 09-08-2014, 03:00 PM.

Comment

I can totally understand why you'd want to send a message to the suits in the Ivory Tower at UMaine with their Kangaroo Court ruling by withholding support that you otherwise wouldn't (like thinking about not going to lobsterfest when there would be no reason to even think about not going if that's something you'd usually go to), but it's important to understand that the players themselves are probably having a much harder time with the ruling than we are, and I'm sure it would make them feel much better if the fans got a chance to tell them in person that we feel bad about how their teammate's case was handled and to let them know that we will support the team and the coaching staff even though we think the administrators are totally out of line with their decisions.

There's another article from the Bangor Daily on the upcoming season too:

http://bangordailynews.com/2014/09/0...?ref=SportsBox
                  one thing I have found it that it is NEVER a good idea to undermine authority to the underlings. it sends a very bad message... it did not help when the fans told the players that Whitehead was a dolt. or course it did not help when Whitehead told everyone what he thought about one of the top donors to the program who made his money by putting drunk drivers back on the road.

Comment

Ryan Lomberg, Kangaroo Courts and drunk drivers........ahh, another UMaine hockey season is right around the corner!

Comment

Hockey team begins dry land training. Article in Bangor Daily News today has Morris fit and ready to begin season.

http://bangordailynews.com/2014/09/0...ng-for-season/

Comment

Spencer Abbott signs a one year contract with the Toronto Maple Leafs:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/m_news.htm?id=729916

Comment

Spencer Abbott signs a one year contract with the Toronto Maple Leafs:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/m_news.htm?id=729916
                          Best wishes to Spencer. I enjoyed watching him drag the puck with his skate in traffic before scoring.

Comment

Good news...it appears Maine has finally abandoned the ridiculous gouging strategy as far as pricing. It looks like they are charging $30, $40, or $50 a seat depending on opponent for the good seats. That is probably still a bit on the high side but is much better than $50 for every game.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Ok everyone the season is less then a month away...lets put out our Picks for the Hockey East Regular Season/Frozen 4 Teams/UMaine player to have a great season/and a UMaine Player that's needs to step it up. - Hockey East: 1.Providence 2.Boston College 3.Northeastern 4.Vermont 5.MAINE 6.Notre Dame 7.Boston University 8.UMass-Lowell 9.New Hampshire 10.UMass 11.Merrimack 12.UConn - Frozen 4 Boston April 2015: Colgate - Providence - North Dakota - Minnesota. - UMaine player with a great season: Devin Shore,50 points in 36 games - 17 goals 33 assist. - Player needing to step up: Will Merchant... - well that my .02,hopefully others will follow/interesting to see what others fore-see to this upcoming season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                                Ok everyone the season is less then a month away...lets put out our Picks for the Hockey East Regular Season/Frozen 4 Teams/UMaine player to have a great season/and a UMaine Player that's needs to step it up. - Hockey East: 1.Providence 2.Boston College 3.Northeastern 4.Vermont 5.MAINE 6.Notre Dame 7.Boston University 8.UMass-Lowell 9.New Hampshire 10.UMass 11.Merrimack 12.UConn - Frozen 4 Boston April 2015: Colgate - Providence - North Dakota - Minnesota. - UMaine player with a great season: Devin Shore,50 points in 36 games - 17 goals 33 assist. - Player needing to step up: Will Merchant... - well that my .02,hopefully others will follow/interesting to see what others fore-see to this upcoming season.

1. PC
                                2. BC
                                3. Maine
                                4. NU
                                5. Notre Dame
                                6. Vermont
                                7. BU
                                8. UNH
                                9. UMass Lowell
                                10. Merrimack
                                11. UMass
                                12. UConn