Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
    That and every ref in this league hates us. On a better note, Casey DeSmith was arrested over the weekend
    That is not a better note. Domestic violence is a scourge that needs to be wiped from the face of the earth. I'd rather face Casey than have this type of behavior in college hockey's ranks.
    bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
    SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
    All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
    A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
      thanks for the intellectual input.

Yeah that's real smart. Why don't we bench Tom Brady every time he throws a pick?

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
        That is not a better note. Domestic violence is a scourge that needs to be wiped from the face of the earth. I'd rather face Casey than have this type of behavior in college hockey's ranks.
        The two major football incidents involving former UMaine playersthat happened recently, which in all likelihood lead to the harsh punishment for Lomberg,were instances of domestic violence.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
          The two major football incidents involving former UMaine playersthat happened recently, which in all likelihood lead to the harsh punishment for Lomberg,were instances of domestic violence.

But you're talking about different cases here. Domestic violence is a far cry from disorderly conduct

Comment

• Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
            But you're talking about different cases here. Domestic violence is a far cry from disorderly conduct

I agree 100%. I was just pointing out in all probability it was perceived negligence by the University with those individuals in the football program leading up to their respective tragedies that lead to the "make-up" call on Lomberg that looked more like just throwing him under the bus with their decision to bar him from attending the school for even classes for a year and a half.
            Last edited by blackbearbandie; 09-03-2014, 03:00 PM.

Comment

• Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
              can we please not jump to conclusions regarding what Casey DeSmith might have done or might not have done.
              If NH is anything like Maine, all there needs to be is an allegation of TOUCHING for an arrest to be made for domestic violence. have we all forgotten what got Wilson arrested for domestic violence in Maine? HE literally put his hand on the shoulder of an out of control ex GF who was repeatedly going off on Willy's current GF... this is all it takes, so if you were not there, please!!!

Comment

• Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
                thanks for the intellectual input.
                just trying to side with someone who has not use for a physical player who has his teammates' backs and puts fear into his opponents.

and thank YOU for your input showing your thorough understanding of hockey.
                really, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
                  can we please not jump to conclusions regarding what Casey DeSmith might have done or might not have done.
                  If NH is anything like Maine, all there needs to be is an allegation of TOUCHING for an arrest to be made for domestic violence. have we all forgotten what got Wilson arrested for domestic violence in Maine? HE literally put his hand on the shoulder of an out of control ex GF who was repeatedly going off on Willy's current GF... this is all it takes, so if you were not there, please!!!
                  If what is reported to be in the police report is true, he deserves not only to be permanently gone from UNH, but in a jail cell for an extended period of time.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                    If what is reported to be in the police report is true, he deserves not only to be permanently gone from UNH, but in a jail cell for an extended period of time.
                    I'd love to see the link to the article you're talking about. Fosters Daily Democrat sure doesn't shed much light on it, and that's the only article I've seen so far.

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                      The police report is one sided. The report may be true or it may be BS, until some facts come out................
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        The police report is one sided. The report may be true or it may be BS, until some facts come out................

NESN has a more extensive story up

Comment

It's OK to post links.

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Remember guys.....innocent until proven guilty.......right?

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              a police report ONLY includes the information necessary to make the arrest: e.g., "Ms. Complainer alleged that he was pushed by her boyfriend"... that is enough in Maine.
                              there are NEVER exculpatory bits of information, e.g., there was an oncoming train and he pushed her to save her life... THIS WOULD NOT BE IN THE POLICE REPORT.... or he pushed her because she was coming at him with a knife and he just wanted to get out of the room.... this also would not be in there.

In Maine, as I wrote, as long as she alleges that he touched her (TOUCHED HER) without permission, he will be arrested and the judge will sort it out. (This is because women all too often tell the police that it was an accident or that he didn't mean to and then later she is found dead... so the state wants to err on this side of keeping her alive, even when it means that no arrest ever should have been made.)

Comment

This would be why I wrote "If what is reported to be in the police report is true..."
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X