Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Attendance was 6951.
    I think they imported 2.000 freshmen from the dorms.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwollstadt View Post
      I think they imported 2.000 freshmen from the dorms.
      Could have. I saw video of the Class of 2018 running onto the field during pregame. One assumes they all had student tickets, which are free but count towards attendance.

Comment

• Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Could have. I saw video of the Class of 2018 running onto the field during pregame. One assumes they all had student tickets, which are free but count towards attendance.
        Yes, very good attendance by the Freshman class who arrived on Campus Friday. Many of them left at half time.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
          If he's not even allowed to take classes and practice in the fall, wouldn't that be detrimental to his conditioning and impact his game-readiness (if and when they allow him back in the spring) with not even being able to even practice with the team? It's all speculation otherwise until we hear confirmation whether or not his appeal has been successful or not, but since we haven't heard anything more in the last two weeks it looks increasingly doubtful that UMaine will have a change of heart and change its ruling. That "Fill the Steins Blog" article about the situation seems to be the view the University was hoping the fans would adopt, but it seems that most of the posts on the topic from this forum think UMaine has overreacted and has sent one of their better players packing to send a message that no future altercations by any player will be tolerated without expulsion from the University.

UMaine has overreacted and they weren't thinking about the fans. It was a drunken fight. Hope it's reduced

Comment

They don't want the expense of operating the additional concession stand.
            They obviously don't want the revenue either.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
              They don't care about you or the others...even with just one concession stand they make there money and could care less if you get it in 2 minutes or 20.
              Do they care if I didn't buy anything at all because the lines were too long? I would have spent about $20........many others don't wait in line either.

Comment

Anyway......back to the exciting topic of Ryan Lomberg. Cripes......you'd think that this guy was Paul Kariya........let it go people.

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                  Anyway......back to the exciting topic of Ryan Lomberg. Cripes......you'd think that this guy was Paul Kariya........let it go people.
                  I think there are a couple reasons people are upset...The first is that even though he might not be Paul Kariya he would have made a big difference this year. I would have expected to put up something like 15-15-30. Given the parity in college hockey a contribution like that is probably worth a couple spots in the standings and potentially the difference between making the NCAA's or not. The second thing that has people upset is the way the whole thing played out. The school claimed all summer no action had been taken and he was just suspended indefinitely and then it came out a couple weeks ago that was complete BS. I think they would have been better off just kicking him out of school straightaway if they never intended on treating him fairly, which they clearly didn't.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post

Geez dude do you want to see our team back in the NCAA's or not? Or are you just content with mediocrity? We're not the Dallas Cowboys here

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
                      Geez dude do you want to see our team back in the NCAA's or not? Or are you just content with mediocrity? We're not the Dallas Cowboys here
                      Wow, you still are hanging on to this idea that Lomberg would have made a major difference. If he had a 30 point season it wouldn't have mattered because of the 10+ goals scored against Maine while Ryan is in the sin bin(you know real or perceived reputation would have led to sooo many calls against him). Plus, add in the momentum killing he would have done. Diamonds senior season is all I could see in Ryans future at Maine. Lomberg is a status-quot player, his effect on the final score is a wash.
                      Maybe Red could have gotten into his head and turned him around, maybe even that could still happen, but as increasingly shown last season he was not utilizing his potential/skill due to lack of effort and a bad on ice mental game.
                      One last important note, but Ryan was by far my favorite player until mid-season this past year. He seemed to just go "dumb" and not give the effort every shift.
                      $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                      Just win.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
                        Wow, you still are hanging on to this idea that Lomberg would have made a major difference. If he had a 30 point season it wouldn't have mattered because of the 10+ goals scored against Maine while Ryan is in the sin bin(you know real or perceived reputation would have led to sooo many calls against him). Plus, add in the momentum killing he would have done. Diamonds senior season is all I could see in Ryans future at Maine. Lomberg is a status-quot player, his effect on the final score is a wash.
                        Maybe Red could have gotten into his head and turned him around, maybe even that could still happen, but as increasingly shown last season he was not utilizing his potential/skill due to lack of effort and a bad on ice mental game.
                        One last important note, but Ryan was by far my favorite player until mid-season this past year. He seemed to just go "dumb" and not give the effort every shift.

That and every ref in this league hates us. On a better note, Casey DeSmith was arrested over the weekend

Comment

• Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
                          That and every ref in this league hates us. On a better note, Casey DeSmith was arrested over the weekend
                          http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2014/9/3/6101329/report-unh-goaltender-casey-desmith-arrested-domestic-violence-resisting-arrest
                          https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                          Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

• Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post

There's no doubt Lomberg earned a reputation that had him penalized for borderline calls more often than not, and regardless whether or not I think Maine will be fine offensively without him, I don't agree with how UMaine dealt with the public relations around this whole situation and I do think the punishment was excessive.
                            Last edited by blackbearbandie; 09-03-2014, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
                              I am with you man... I had no use for Prestin Ryan or even Ray Bourque... violence and contact have no place in hockey .... I team of all Tim Whiteheads and Keenan Hopsons is the way to win championships... if I remember the 2009 Terriers correctly, none of them ever hit, never mind hit hard.
                              Brendan Walsh led the 1999 Maine team pretty far with his gentlemanly play, as did Prestin Ryan in 2002/4.

I say bench ANYONE who takes a penalty! are you with me wayupthere?

Comment

Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
                                I am with you man... I had no use for Prestin Ryan or even Ray Bourque... violence and contact have no place in hockey .... I team of all Tim Whiteheads and Keenan Hopsons is the way to win championships... if I remember the 2009 Terriers correctly, none of them ever hit, never mind hit hard.
                                Brendan Walsh led the 1999 Maine team pretty far with his gentlemanly play, as did Prestin Ryan in 2002/4.

I say bench ANYONE who takes a penalty! are you with me wayupthere?
                                thanks for the intellectual input.
                                $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                                Just win.....

Comment

Working...
                                X