Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Classes start tuesday for Freshman. Anyone see Ryan ????
    Isn't this still in the Appeal Phase with his suspension still in effect...I would think while this is on going he would be sitting in a low profile mode. And with that said I can't see the University not standing firm in some type of Suspension,maybe reduced to a 1/2 season with Scholarship money taken away(imo).

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
      Isn't this still in the Appeal Phase with his suspension still in effect...I would think while this is on going he would be sitting in a low profile mode. And with that said I can't see the University not standing firm in some type of Suspension,maybe reduced to a 1/2 season with Scholarship money taken away(imo).
      Would he even be eligible for the Spring if he can't take any classes in the fall? I don't think he would be where he obviously didn't take any summer classes. I think the one semester he has been suspended(the summer) is more than enough as far as the school part of the punishment. I know Red offered to suspend him but given how the whole thing played out I can't see where he deserves more than five or six games.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        Would he even be eligible for the Spring if he can't take any classes in the fall? I don't think he would be where he obviously didn't take any summer classes. I think the one semester he has been suspended(the summer) is more than enough as far as the school part of the punishment. I know Red offered to suspend him but given how the whole thing played out I can't see where he deserves more than five or six games.
        One way or another...he'll be playing hockey somewhere's this year...either @ Maine(after suspension)or the USHL.

Comment

This is slightly off topic but to answer your question, no, the university doesn't care about the fans. All they see is dollar signs. Went to umaine football opener Saturday. What a second class, rinky dink operation. First at the gate we were told our tickets had already been scanned and were no good. After a second person came over and rescanned them we were allowed in. We have a new 100 million dollar score board that shows crystal clear replays, except the people running the board didn't know how to use it and there were no replays of the 3 or 4 closest pivotal plays. It goes without saying that refs mic's didn't work. Went to the concession stand at 7:01. 1 stand, 4 lines, 8000 fans. Well done Maine athletics! Got my 2 hot chocolates at 7:28. That's 27 minutes.
          Nick Papagiorgio: I was originally going to bring the family to the (Easter egg hunt) in UNH's trophy case but it was canceled as there was nothing to hide the eggs behind and it would have been too easy for the kids... (with special thanks to BLACKOUT)

Comment

Originally posted by cool breeze View Post
            This is slightly off topic but to answer your question, no, the university doesn't care about the fans. All they see is dollar signs. Went to umaine football opener Saturday. What a second class, rinky dink operation. First at the gate we were told our tickets had already been scanned and were no good. After a second person came over and rescanned them we were allowed in. We have a new 100 million dollar score board that shows crystal clear replays, except the people running the board didn't know how to use it and there were no replays of the 3 or 4 closest pivotal plays. It goes without saying that refs mic's didn't work. Went to the concession stand at 7:01. 1 stand, 4 lines, 8000 fans. Well done Maine athletics! Got my 2 hot chocolates at 7:28. That's 27 minutes.
            Hey its all about the money at the "U"...things never change and won't...and you just hit the tip of the Iceberg there...all in all has a lot to be fixed in everything they do...and not to dish on all but there are some that try and try and just hit the wall in their efforts to make this work,but I do hear your grips,but its everywhere at the "U"...frustrating and even when your stop your dollar$ they never ASK WHY.

Comment

I had the USCHO app on my iPhone, but can't find it in the droid play store. Any hints?
              bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
              SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
              All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
              A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                If he's not even allowed to take classes and practice in the fall, wouldn't that be detrimental to his conditioning and impact his game-readiness (if and when they allow him back in the spring) with not even being able to even practice with the team? It's all speculation otherwise until we hear confirmation whether or not his appeal has been successful or not, but since we haven't heard anything more in the last two weeks it looks increasingly doubtful that UMaine will have a change of heart and change its ruling. That "Fill the Steins Blog" article about the situation seems to be the view the University was hoping the fans would adopt, but it seems that most of the posts on the topic from this forum think UMaine has overreacted and has sent one of their better players packing to send a message that no future altercations by any player will be tolerated without expulsion from the University.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                  I had the USCHO app on my iPhone, but can't find it in the droid play store. Any hints?
                  Its a droid it doesn't need an ap I read USCHO on my S5 all the time, no issues.
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I can see suspending him from the hockey team but suspending from taking classes, thats even more ridiculous
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                      Hey its all about the money at the "U"...things never change and won't...and you just hit the tip of the Iceberg there...all in all has a lot to be fixed in everything they do...and not to dish on all but there are some that try and try and just hit the wall in their efforts to make this work,but I do hear your grips,but its everywhere at the "U"...frustrating and even when your stop your dollar$ they never ASK WHY.
                      If it were all about the money then there would be at least 1 more concession stand because right now they are losing money because people don't want to stand in line. I spent $15 at Wendy's after the game.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                        If it were all about the money then there would be at least 1 more concession stand because right now they are losing money because people don't want to stand in line. I spent $15 at Wendy's after the game.
                        I was thinking the exact same thing. More than anything else they are just incompetent. They leave a bunch of money on the table with things like concessions while at the same time gouging people with ticket prices.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

They don't want the expense of operating the additional concession stand.

Comment

They don't care about you or the others...even with just one concession stand they make there money and could care less if you get it in 2 minutes or 20.

Comment

Originally posted by cool breeze View Post
                              umaine football... 8000 fans.
                              When they heck did this happen? Place was a ghost town my four years there.
                              Me: ...but why would anyone want to vacation here? There are better mountains in NH and VT, beaches in Cape Cod and RI, and colonial landmarks in Mass and CT.

Boss: You've got it all wrong. It's Vacationland because nobody would ever want to live here for more than a week.

Go MAINE! My sometimes home

Comment

• Originally posted by Erix_The_Red View Post
                                When they heck did this happen? Place was a ghost town my four years there.
                                Attendance was 6951.

Comment

Working...
                                X