Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    If it was a non-athlete they wouldn't have done anything, completely pathetic.
    Agreed. This is one of the most over the top responses to a relatively minor incident that I have ever seen. A year and a half suspension for an off campus misdemeanor........absurd.

Comment

• Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
      Agreed. This is one of the most over the top responses to a relatively minor incident that I have ever seen. A year and a half suspension for an off campus misdemeanor........absurd.
      I agree its over the top but he signed a code of conduct. Hopefully this will get worked out soon, he serves a suspension and is playing by January at the latest.

It still makes me chuckle that some college kid would start a fight with a Canadian hockey player. If indeed the other kid threw the first punch, this case is all about sour grapes and losing the fight.
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
        I agree its over the top but he signed a code of conduct. Hopefully this will get worked out soon, he serves a suspension and is playing by January at the latest.

It still makes me chuckle that some college kid would start a fight with a Canadian hockey player. If indeed the other kid threw the first punch, this case is all about sour grapes and losing the fight.

No question. The U overreacted

Comment

With this Appeal,how long does the process take? 2/4 weeks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
            With this Appeal,how long does the process take? 2/4 weeks?

Likely no more than a couple weeks

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyfirst View Post
              I did not make myself clear. Colleges have in the past not punished perpetrators of sexual assault as harshly as this incident.
              they always do. and they usually do everything they can to cover the rapes up completely. Colby is right now in the middle of a football player gang rape cover up and while the victim has been silenced, her family is speaking up and asking why the college has so much power. (the players have been dealt with by the school, but the Waterville police will not get involved, supposedly at the request of the college.)

I just love how all of the townspeople where were calling for Ryan's head a month ago are all saying that this is overblown.... everyone except Jeff Totman who still wants Ryan's head.

Comment

Didn't Tanner House bust some skulls over a chick his freshman year and get a minor suspension over it?

Comment

Originally posted by Tango View Post
                  Didn't Tanner House bust some skulls over a chick his freshman year and get a minor suspension over it?
                  No
                  He grabbed a *** at Usihia or whatever that now closed nightclub was called
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
                    Likely no more than a couple weeks
                    OK...Thanks...no matter what the out come is...no winners here.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      No
                      He grabbed a *** at Usihia or whatever that now closed nightclub was called

Yep. Among the silliest suspensions in the history of Maine hockey..for getting a bit touchy-feely at a nightclub!

Comment

Martin Ouellette has signed on with the Lehigh Valley Phantoms of the AHL(Aug.18th).

Comment

• Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
                          Yep. Among the silliest suspensions in the history of Maine hockey..for getting a bit touchy-feely at a nightclub!
                          Obviously unwanted "touchy feely", nightclubs aren't a free for all.

Comment

A shame, but I still say based on his play last year his negatives would have outweighed any positives. If he could learn how to control himself, he could be a big asset. Nothing I've seen or heard changes my opinion. He was headed for a career in the penalty box. Has the tools for sure, has the head to use them? Doubtful.
                            $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                            Just win.....

Comment

FYI, Merrimack single game tickets went on sale today.
                              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
                                A shame, but I still say based on his play last year his negatives would have outweighed any positives. If he could learn how to control himself, he could be a big asset. Nothing I've seen or heard changes my opinion. He was headed for a career in the penalty box. Has the tools for sure, has the head to use them? Doubtful.

Under Red's tutelage, he could turn it around. Ryan is one of those guys you don't want to play against. And we need those types of guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X