Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Lomberg appealling 1.5 year suspension to the President.
    http://bangordailynews.com/2014/08/1...ar-suspension/

Comment

• Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
      1.5 years is just insane.

It appears like Coach Gendron doesn't want to see him go either...

“In the course of these proceedings, Coach Gendron has put forth on several occasions an appropriate punishment and sanction for Ryan. Coach Gendron has proposed, among other things, that Ryan be suspended from playing hockey games for the first half of the 2014-15 season. He has further proposed taking away Ryan’s scholarship money,” Cyr wrote.

I think the University has gone too far. If it wasn't for the tremendous amount of respect Lomberg has for Gendron and Maine Hockey I wouldn't see why he'd want to stay and play for a University like Maine with the way administrators have handled this so far. We're only now just learning that this indefinite suspension was actually a year and a half.
      Last edited by blackbearbandie; 08-15-2014, 08:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
        1.5 years is just insane.

It appears like Coach Gendron doesn't want to see him go either...

“In the course of these proceedings, Coach Gendron has put forth on several occasions an appropriate punishment and sanction for Ryan. Coach Gendron has proposed, among other things, that Ryan be suspended from playing hockey games for the first half of the 2014-15 season. He has further proposed taking away Ryan’s scholarship money,” Cyr wrote.

I think the University has gone too far. If it wasn't for the tremendous amount of respect Lomberg has for Gendron and Maine Hockey I wouldn't see why he'd want to stay and play for a University like Maine with the way administrators have handled this so far. We're only now just learning that this indefinite suspension was actually a year and a half.

#FreeRyan is already trending on twitter

Comment

while i think he deserves to be sat down for a bit, I think it the 1.5 years is excessive considering this happened at an off-campus location. does the school suspend all kids enrolled that are arrested and are subsequently found/plead guilty? i get that there should be a different standard because lomberg is on scholarship, but a year and a half is a bit much in my mind. I'd go with a semester, and all of the other conditions imposed (and perhaps have them extend for the year and a half)

Comment

Who is in charge up there? Did they just assume Lomberg would leave and the whole thing would get swept under the rug? This is pretty insulting to the fans too. Were they just going to blame him for leaving? I have a massive, massive amount of respect for Lomberg for standing up to this ******* rubbish. I'll be honest when I say this doesn't really encourage me to want to spend much money on tickets when the school treats both the program and its fans with this little respect. Hopefully it gets resolved and he comes back in January, but he really shouldn't be out more than half a dozen games or so. The article makes it pretty clear, like I have been saying all along, that this was a 50/50 deal or Lomberg might have even more of a victim than the guy who got tuned up.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• If 2 witnesses say the other guy threw the first punch, the guy is an idiot.
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                while i think he deserves to be sat down for a bit, I think it the 1.5 years is excessive considering this happened at an off-campus location. does the school suspend all kids enrolled that are arrested and are subsequently found/plead guilty? i get that there should be a different standard because lomberg is on scholarship, but a year and a half is a bit much in my mind. I'd go with a semester, and all of the other conditions imposed (and perhaps have them extend for the year and a half)
                Colleges across the country should treat sexual assault cases this seriously. Yes the kid made a mistake and used poor judgement. Hockey aside, it is not good for him to not continue his education for that long. I believe he is a very good student.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyfirst View Post
                  Colleges across the country should treat sexual assault cases this seriously. Yes the kid made a mistake and used poor judgement. Hockey aside, it is not good for him to not continue his education for that long. I believe he is a very good student.
                  If it was a non-athlete they wouldn't have done anything, completely pathetic.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeyfirst View Post

Read the story again. There was no sexual assault

Comment

I was pleased that Ryan has responded to the suspension, it sounds like he really wants to play for Maine and serve an appropriate suspension, ( 18 Months is excessive). When you get a Pro Football player that punches his future wife and pulls her by the hair and only gets a two game suspension. I agree that what Ryan did was wrong in responding the way he did, but he has told his side of the story and I believe him. Everyone has an incident in life in which they regret and learn from it. I know I did. There have been incidents with other athletes from Maine that have done worse things that what Ryan did and didn't get even half of the suspension that Coach Gendron is recommending and that Ryan would agree to. Maine Hockey Needs Ryan as a Hockey player and also as a Student to allow him to get his degree which is wants to get. If someone could post and email to the appropriate person at Maine to send an email to support Ryan, please post it so we can get him back where he belongs .. At the Alfond with the best fans in college hockey.

Comment

• Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
                        Read the story again. There was no sexual assault
                        I did not make myself clear. Colleges have in the past not punished perpetrators of sexual assault as harshly as this incident.

Comment

Agree 100 %

Comment

Originally posted by Maine Hockey Fan View Post
                            Agree 100 %

Slap in the face to us as fans. Do the people at the top at the U actually give a crap about the fans?

Comment

Hamilton got 4 games for the bat thing 9 years ago, and if I recall correctly after they lowered the charges on Lomberg the legal issues are pretty similar. So from 4 games up to what amounts to around 50-60 smells like bullchit to me.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                              43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                              104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                              3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

In better news, Milano has passed on BC in favor of signing with Columbus. Nice to see the Evil Empire panic just a little bit

Comment

Working...
                                X