Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    As cool as it is and as hard as its raining you could go step outside
    I got soaked in about 2 seconds when I stepped outside last night to move the outflow hose on the sump pump and get a garden hose syphon going on the driveway. It was ankle-deep in the corner by the sump with it running full bore AND a drain in the sump hole to the sewer. It drained overnight, and today's balmy weather is helping it dry out, thankfully.
    bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
    SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
    All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
    A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Jake and Bill Norman did theirs together (ice water dumped on them by a front-end loader no less).
      Links to all Maine hockey coaches, players and alumni are posted on the Maine Hockey Fan Facebook page.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
        I got soaked in about 2 seconds when I stepped outside last night to move the outflow hose on the sump pump and get a garden hose syphon going on the driveway. It was ankle-deep in the corner by the sump with it running full bore AND a drain in the sump hole to the sewer. It drained overnight, and today's balmy weather is helping it dry out, thankfully.
        Lots of folks down in the portland area didn't make out that well. August isn't known for torrential rains . we got 2 0r 3 inches up here max
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Last time I saw that much rain was May '13 in Moore, Oklahoma. I had gone down to help with the relief effort, when another big one was heading our way. The tornado didn't hit us, but we got 9 inches of rain that night. It was a measly 6 1/2 down here last night.

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

A PPH article on incoming freshman Jack Musil

http://www.pressherald.com/2014/08/1...-from-england/

Comment

Originally posted by Maine Event View Post
              A PPH article on incoming freshman Jack Musil

http://www.pressherald.com/2014/08/1...-from-england/
              Be interesting to see if he can compete at D1 level. Heck he'll be 25 when he graduates, just like the old days

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                Last time I saw that much rain was May '13 in Moore, Oklahoma. I had gone down to help with the relief effort, when another big one was heading our way. The tornado didn't hit us, but we got 9 inches of rain that night. It was a measly 6 1/2 down here last night.
                Whine, whine, whine. Hey, water still runs downhill doesn't it ? Whats your problem ya hack ?!!
                sure why not

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  Be interesting to see if he can compete at D1 level. Heck he'll be 25 when he graduates, just like the old days

He should be able to. He'll likely start as a fourth liner but could work his way up as the season rolls on

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    Lots of folks down in the portland area didn't make out that well. August isn't known for torrential rains . we got 2 0r 3 inches up here max
                    You are right, this part of Central Maine rarely see s the brunt of rain or snowstorms, bit I got 4.25 in Winthrop and it put my 90 horse evinrude on the lakebottom. P. I. A. rehab job on boat and motor.

Comment

• Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
                      He should be able to. He'll likely start as a fourth liner but could work his way up as the season rolls on
                      I think if he is dressing ahead of three of Merchant, Cerattani, Campbell, and Lacroix Maine is in trouble. I wouldn't be shocked if either Reilly or Norman play up front in some games too. A big key this year for me is for some of the guys I mentioned above plus others like Morgan and Brown to take steps forward. Lacroix is obviously another freshman but I think he will play a lot because of his physicality.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                        I think if he is dressing ahead of three of Merchant, Cerattani, Campbell, and Lacroix Maine is in trouble. I wouldn't be shocked if either Reilly or Norman play up front in some games too. A big key this year for me is for some of the guys I mentioned above plus others like Morgan and Brown to take steps forward. Lacroix is obviously another freshman but I think he will play a lot because of his physicality.
                        Campbell can flat out fly, so that alone should keep him ahead of Musil. It would have been fun to see Musil's first day on the ice with D1 skaters. I remember the last time Maine brought in a super scorer from a crap league... he did ok at Maine (even took the first tie breaking OT penalty shot in the history of Hockey East, but his big mouth and disrespect for Shawn got him tossed off the team.) Priceless knew him.... NAME THAT FORMER BLACK BEAR

Comment

• Originally posted by all bear View Post
                          Whine, whine, whine. Hey, water still runs downhill doesn't it ? Whats your problem ya hack ?!!
                          I live down the hill.

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
                            NAME THAT FORMER BLACK BEAR
                            Did the person transfer to another Hockey East school in Mass?

Comment

• Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
                              Campbell can flat out fly, so that alone should keep him ahead of Musil. It would have been fun to see Musil's first day on the ice with D1 skaters. I remember the last time Maine brought in a super scorer from a crap league... he did ok at Maine (even took the first tie breaking OT penalty shot in the history of Hockey East, but his big mouth and disrespect for Shawn got him tossed off the team.) Priceless knew him.... NAME THAT FORMER BLACK BEAR
                              Barry?

Comment

He should have challenged the three goalie candidates.

Comment

Working...
                                X