PDA

View Full Version : UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

TERRIERFANinLA
09-03-2014, 03:01 PM
But you're talking about different cases here. Domestic violence is a far cry from disorderly conduct

can we please not jump to conclusions regarding what Casey DeSmith might have done or might not have done.
If NH is anything like Maine, all there needs to be is an allegation of TOUCHING for an arrest to be made for domestic violence. have we all forgotten what got Wilson arrested for domestic violence in Maine? HE literally put his hand on the shoulder of an out of control ex GF who was repeatedly going off on Willy's current GF... this is all it takes, so if you were not there, please!!!

TERRIERFANinLA
09-03-2014, 03:03 PM
thanks for the intellectual input.
just trying to side with someone who has not use for a physical player who has his teammates' backs and puts fear into his opponents.

and thank YOU for your input showing your thorough understanding of hockey.
really, thanks.

brassbonanza
09-03-2014, 03:22 PM
can we please not jump to conclusions regarding what Casey DeSmith might have done or might not have done.
If NH is anything like Maine, all there needs to be is an allegation of TOUCHING for an arrest to be made for domestic violence. have we all forgotten what got Wilson arrested for domestic violence in Maine? HE literally put his hand on the shoulder of an out of control ex GF who was repeatedly going off on Willy's current GF... this is all it takes, so if you were not there, please!!!

If what is reported to be in the police report is true, he deserves not only to be permanently gone from UNH, but in a jail cell for an extended period of time.

UncleRay
09-03-2014, 04:29 PM
If what is reported to be in the police report is true, he deserves not only to be permanently gone from UNH, but in a jail cell for an extended period of time.I'd love to see the link to the article you're talking about. Fosters Daily Democrat (http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20140903/GJNEWS_01/140909796) sure doesn't shed much light on it, and that's the only article I've seen so far.

walrus
09-03-2014, 05:23 PM
If what is reported to be in the police report is true, he deserves not only to be permanently gone from UNH, but in a jail cell for an extended period of time.

The police report is one sided. The report may be true or it may be BS, until some facts come out................

BBDiehard14
09-03-2014, 05:58 PM
The police report is one sided. The report may be true or it may be BS, until some facts come out................

NESN has a more extensive story up

UncleRay
09-03-2014, 06:14 PM
It's OK to post links. (http://nesn.com/2014/09/unh-goalie-casey-desmith-arrested-suspended-after-alleged-domestic-dispute/)

umhockey91
09-03-2014, 07:09 PM
Remember guys.....innocent until proven guilty.......right?

TERRIERFANinLA
09-04-2014, 07:33 AM

a police report ONLY includes the information necessary to make the arrest: e.g., "Ms. Complainer alleged that he was pushed by her boyfriend"... that is enough in Maine.
there are NEVER exculpatory bits of information, e.g., there was an oncoming train and he pushed her to save her life... THIS WOULD NOT BE IN THE POLICE REPORT.... or he pushed her because she was coming at him with a knife and he just wanted to get out of the room.... this also would not be in there.

In Maine, as I wrote, as long as she alleges that he touched her (TOUCHED HER) without permission, he will be arrested and the judge will sort it out. (This is because women all too often tell the police that it was an accident or that he didn't mean to and then later she is found dead... so the state wants to err on this side of keeping her alive, even when it means that no arrest ever should have been made.)

brassbonanza
09-04-2014, 12:27 PM
This would be why I wrote "If what is reported to be in the police report is true..."

BBDiehard14
09-04-2014, 02:16 PM
No mention of Maine. What a shocker. Nobody in Boston gives us any respect. All bout the Empire

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/general/tim-benz/2014/09/04/college-bored-why-are-new-england-sports-fans-too-cool-sch

FiveHole12
09-04-2014, 03:00 PM
No mention of Maine. What a shocker. Nobody in Boston gives us any respect. All bout the Empire

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/general/tim-benz/2014/09/04/college-bored-why-are-new-england-sports-fans-too-cool-sch
Wow... how would Maine athletics even com close to fitting into that article? This guy is saying no one gives a hoot about NCAA athletics in Boston because of the local pro teams, regardless of the quality of the competition. Is that the case in Orono? Who's Maine competing with for the athletic fan base, Bangor High School?

Rumor even has it you can go in person if your GPS can get you to Chestnut Hill or Amherst. Duke, UNC, Syracuse -- these guys are pretty good at basketball. Florida State, Clemson and USC in football -- BC plays those guys this year. It's not small-time stuff. It's not beneath you to care. Most of the country's sports fans will do that even if they have pro sports teams to care about as well.
How much press is BC getting in the BDN for their football and b-ball schedule? I doubt any at all, and why should they?

HockeyRef
09-04-2014, 03:16 PM
This would be why I wrote "If what is reported to be in the police report is true..."

Update on this "police report"...apparently the quotes about what occurred came directly from a police officer, NOT the actual report. This is from the New Hampshire (UNH) school newspaper

EDITORíS NOTE: Due to a reporting error, the original version of this story incorrectly stated that information about details of the alleged assault came from a police report. The information was in fact provided to The New Hampshire through a verbal statement from Durham Police Deputy Chief Renee Kelley.

None the less, not a good situation...obviously.

Ma#1ne Hky
09-04-2014, 05:32 PM
FWIW...Joey Diamond has signed on to play for the Hershey Bears of the AHL.

dwollstadt
09-04-2014, 08:15 PM
Lomberg loses appeal. Here's the link (http://bangordailynews.com/2014/09/04/sports/umaine-hockey-player-loses-appeal-of-suspension-to-president/)

BBDiehard14
09-04-2014, 08:20 PM
Lomberg loses appeal. [URL="bangordailynews.com/2014/09/04/sports/umaine-hockey-player-loses-appeal-of-suspension-to-president/http://"bangordailynews.com/2014/09/04/sports/umaine-hockey-player-loses-appeal-of-suspension-to-president[/URL]/

Well I hope the good ol boys at the U are happy.

Drew S.
09-04-2014, 08:26 PM
Lomberg loses appeal. Here's the link (http://bangordailynews.com/2014/09/04/sports/umaine-hockey-player-loses-appeal-of-suspension-to-president/)

Can someone post the emails of the people responsible for this? It would be nice to let them know how much they have let Maine hockey fans and the entire state down. Pathetic.

gscott13
09-04-2014, 08:49 PM
Can someone post the emails of the people responsible for this? It would be nice to let them know how much they have let Maine hockey fans and the entire state down. Pathetic.

do you really think the powers that be should be taking into consideration the fans? seriously? i can just see susan hunter now.... "you know, ryan, we were going to suspend you a year and a half, but drew and a bunch of other fans of the hockey team will feel let down, so you know what, let's make it a semester instead...."

that said, i agree that the punishment is a bit excessive, but if you think that the fans should be considered as part of any punishment levied, you're out of your mind....

lomberg made a mistake and he's paying a big price, but one must consider that in addition to putting himself in this situation, he also managed to get himself in a position that resulted in someone pulling a knife on him... once is happenstance, twice is a coincidence... what are the odds that "third times a pattern" may have come to fruition....

GoBlackBears
09-04-2014, 08:49 PM
megan.sanders@maine.edu

president@umaine.edu

david.fiacco@umit.maine.edu

Drew S.
09-04-2014, 09:02 PM
do you really think the powers that be should be taking into consideration the fans? seriously? i can just see susan hunter now.... "you know, ryan, we were going to suspend you a year and a half, but drew and a bunch of other fans of the hockey team will feel let down, so you know what, let's make it a semester instead...."

that said, i agree that the punishment is a bit excessive, but if you think that the fans should be considered as part of any punishment levied, you're out of your mind....

lomberg made a mistake and he's paying a big price, but one must consider that in addition to putting himself in this situation, he also managed to get himself in a position that resulted in someone pulling a knife on him... once is happenstance, twice is a coincidence... what are the odds that "third times a pattern" may have come to fruition....

A bit excessive? Tell me you didn't type that with a straight face. Last I checked the fans were the ones footing a lot of the bill both in the form of revenue from games and taxes paid that get distributed to the school. Would a business not factor it's stockholders into a decision?

There are situations where you are bang on with your last paragraph, in this case I have absolutely no idea whether it is or not. I think more than anything else in this case the school just didn't want to admit they were wrong.