Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
    So the BDN is just making chit up for stories. That's awesome. That paper is about as credible as the National Enquirer.

I think you guys need to read the story again. Lomberg's lawyer was in court and entered the plea, and a District Attorney official confirmed it. Who did TV verify their info with?

Comment

• Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA
      ... and law school teacher of Con Law)
      Dude, this part doesn't help your credibility. Obama also taught Con Law.
      Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

• Originally posted by Aerman View Post

Typical coming from a BU fan...let's get back to hockey here

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
          Typical coming from a BU fan...let's get back to hockey here
          you have not been around here long enough to know that I am not a BU fan.. the name is a mash up

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
            I liked the interview. Not sure why you think it sucked. Seemed good to me. Looking forward to seeing Nolan don the two tone blue.
            I thought the interview was good too. Here is another one that was forwarded to me yesterday about Vesey being drafted by the Maple Leafs:
            http://video.mapleleafs.nhl.com/vide...28136&catid=-6
            University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
              and fwiw, I absolutely love your .sig... as do most of us who work for a living.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonSoccerDad View Post
                I thought the interview was good too. Here is another one that was forwarded to me yesterday about Vesey being drafted by the Maple Leafs:
                http://video.mapleleafs.nhl.com/vide...28136&catid=-6
                Thanks for the link! Reminds me of a Greg Moore type. I have a hunch this Nolan is going to work hard to make his own name in life. And I think he won't get anything handed to him under Red's watch. Watch what happens. I am convinced this red knows his stuff. This year will be the start of a progression, in my opinion, regardless of Lomberg. People may be surprised. I won't. I'd be shocked if Maine isn't at the Garden next spring. But, it takes work and it is too early for the hype, conjecture, and prophecies. But, there is a big shift in the "ilk" of the player recruited now versus before... just saying...

Comment

Thanks for the link! Reminds me of a Greg Moore type. I have a hunch this Nolan is going to work hard to make his own name in life. And I think he won't get anything handed to him under Red's watch. Watch what happens. I am convinced this red knows his stuff. This year will be the start of a progression, in my opinion, regardless of Lomberg. People may be surprised. I won't. I'd be shocked if Maine isn't at the Garden next spring. But, it takes work and it is too early for the hype, conjecture, and prophecies. But, there is a big shift in the "ilk" of the player recruited now versus before... just saying...
                  All signs point to a Positive look for Maine,which was missing the last 4-5 years...Recruiting will be key,along with a hard working attitude...Hockey East is a way different Conference then the one 10 years ago...BC will always get there choices in players and look for BU to rebound back in the next 2 years...plus Providence/UML have joined in and will always be on the look out for top recruits with Leeman & Bazin behind their bench...and the rest of the Conference always seems to find players that make HEA one of the toughest Leagues around. Theirs no more the top 4 then the rest...seems every years theirs a team that comes in under the radar to contend or make life difficult for the top teams in HEA and around the College Hockey world. My only concerns to start the season is how the Goaltending will shake out and how this team this year makes out on the road...both will be what shapes Maine's season.

Comment

I think what the "Rome wasn't built in a day" or "It's gonna take a while" crowd doesn't realize is this team is gonna be better than expected. We have a full year of Red's system under our belts. I'm sure guys like Hutton and Shore have a bit of a sick feeling in their stomach for losing four of their last five to end last season. The incoming freshman class looks pretty good. Like you said, I won't be surprised if we're at the Garden once or twice next season. Nobody is expecting us to do much, which is just the way any coach likes it. So long as Morris does fine between teh pipes, we'll be OK. With a bigger defensive corps, I could see us mixing in more of a defensive style to Red's aggressive style.

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
                      I won't be surprised if we're at the Garden once or twice next season.
                      Maine is just as likely to play in the Beanpot as they are in the Frozen Four.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

I see your optimism is high

Comment

Finally getting rid of Harvard?

Comment

You can have your Bean Pot....the REAL Prize is the Hardware at the end of the Year....will Maine be there....maybe sooner then you think....and we well know you will never HOPE for that......

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                              All signs point to a Positive look for Maine,which was missing the last 4-5 years...Recruiting will be key,along with a hard working attitude...Hockey East is a way different Conference then the one 10 years ago...BC will always get there choices in players and look for BU to rebound back in the next 2 years...plus Providence/UML have joined in and will always be on the look out for top recruits with Leeman & Bazin behind their bench...and the rest of the Conference always seems to find players that make HEA one of the toughest Leagues around. Theirs no more the top 4 then the rest...seems every years theirs a team that comes in under the radar to contend or make life difficult for the top teams in HEA and around the College Hockey world. My only concerns to start the season is how the Goaltending will shake out and how this team this year makes out on the road...both will be what shapes Maine's season.
                              YES, Goaltending - Goaltending - Goaltending is truly the key to the 14-15 season and if one excels they will do well but if not......... The Gahden yes, FF ?????

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                                You can have your Bean Pot....the REAL Prize is the Hardware at the end of the Year....will Maine be there....maybe sooner then you think....and we well know you will never HOPE for that......

Or as we call it the crockpot

Comment

Working...
                                X