Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    As far as Goalie goes I'll look back at Darling Sirman and Willie. They had some offense on those teams but look what happened. I don't expect it to be that bad, I think the goalies will be OK just not great. The offense could be as good but not without Lomberg so....
    Don't be dissin' Willie!!

Comment

• Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
      Darling was a young and promising goaltender when he was here, even with whatever his issues were which lead to his premature exit from the team. I remember being at a 1-0 shutout he had at Manchester with Nyquist sitting in the stands that game. I'm glad he didn't let his UMaine experience get the best of him, because after this past season in Milwaukee with the Admirals in the AHL the Blackhawks just signed him to a contract.
      Promise doesn't get you anywhere, Darling had promise but at Umaine he did nothing but party. I'm glad he turned it around, we all see what could have been now.

I'm sure the goalies on the team now have promise but we won't know if that promise shows up on the ice until the season gets going.

I ain't dissin' Willie, he did what he could, can't ask for more
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Anybody know if the Artie T. Demoulas of the Market Basket feud is the same Art Demoulas who played at Maine in the late 70’s?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
          Anybody know if the Artie T. Demoulas of the Market Basket feud is the same Art Demoulas who played at Maine in the late 70’s?
          It looks like it's the other one, I'll be ****ed. Has the family ever done anything for the school? I can't imagine Maine has ever had an alumni with more money.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            It looks like it's the other one, I'll be ****ed. Has the family ever done anything for the school? I can't imagine Maine has ever had an alumni with more money.
            Whether it's the same one or not, the one who played at Maine gave $50,000 to help with the Alfond expansion project back in '03.

Check out Page 13 http://umaine.edu/mclub/files/2011/0...Ice-Hockey.pdf

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
              Promise doesn't get you anywhere....at Umaine he did nothing but party.
              This was from Bob Walsh's Blog from yesterday, with a link given to him by Gendron about the effects of alchohol on workout routines. Good to know they are actively trying to prevent situations like we've had in the past. Wonder if it was passed on to Cosgrove after the Sand Beach incident from last week.

http://blog.coachbobwalsh.com/2014/07/alcohol-and-muscles/

"A very basic, easy-to-understand explanation of the affect alcohol can have on training and building muscles, sent to me by Red Gendron our hockey coach at UMaine. Great article to share with your athletes.

http://www.askmen.com/sports/bodybuilding_200/218_fitness_tip.html "

Comment

Good reads, but good luck telling any 18-22 year old kid no booze and no girls. If I remember correctly Garth Snow partied pretty hard when he wasn't stopping pucks

Comment

So the guy I usually sell half my season tickets to only wants 3 games this year. I'll likely be looking to unload a bunch of games, since there is no possible way I can make it to all of them. After I ask some friends and coworkers, I may post what I have left to get rid of here. I'll sell at season ticket holder face value.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                    So the guy I usually sell half my season tickets to only wants 3 games this year. I'll likely be looking to unload a bunch of games, since there is no possible way I can make it to all of them. After I ask some friends and coworkers, I may post what I have left to get rid of here. I'll sell at season ticket holder face value.
                    I know this is a long-shot, but I'll put this out there anyway...

My wife and I are making the trip to Orono from Mississauga, Ontario for the Homecoming weekend series against Union...and we'll be looking for tickets to have in hand before we leave. We're looking for two tickets for both games, and since we're coming a long way I have some preferences as to where the seats are. If there's a chance you'll have what we're looking for let me know...

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
                      . If I remember correctly Garth Snow partied pretty hard when he wasn't stopping pucks
                      YEs but when Garth was younger and overweight he didn't stop many pucks, it wasn't until he took training seriously did he become " Party On Garth"
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoover View Post
                        I know this is a long-shot, but I'll put this out there anyway...

My wife and I are making the trip to Orono from Mississauga, Ontario for the Homecoming weekend series against Union...and we'll be looking for tickets to have in hand before we leave. We're looking for two tickets for both games, and since we're coming a long way I have some preferences as to where the seats are. If there's a chance you'll have what we're looking for let me know...
                        I would just buy them when single game tickets go on sale, there will be plenty available.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Question: Is Dan Lacroix who was hired today by Montreal as a Assistant Coach the Father of incoming recruit Cedric Lecroix?

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                            Question: Is Dan Lacroix who was hired today by Montreal as a Assistant Coach the Father of incoming recruit Cedric Lecroix?
                            If he was previously an assistant coach for the NY Rangers, the answer is yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                              The story on the Canadiens website mentioned that he had the support of his kids, including his son Cedric. It did not say that Cedric is a Maine recruit, but he is.

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
                                Good reads, but good luck telling any 18-22 year old kid no booze and no girls. If I remember correctly Garth Snow partied pretty hard when he wasn't stopping pucks
                                good luck telling a 40 year old

Comment

Working...
                                X