PDA

View Full Version : UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

BBDiehard14
08-06-2014, 08:54 AM
So the BDN is just making chit up for stories. That's awesome. That paper is about as credible as the National Enquirer.

I think you guys need to read the story again. Lomberg's lawyer was in court and entered the plea, and a District Attorney official confirmed it. Who did TV verify their info with?

Aerman
08-06-2014, 11:41 AM
... and law school teacher of Con Law)

Dude, this part doesn't help your credibility. Obama also taught Con Law. ;)

BBDiehard14
08-06-2014, 11:56 AM

Typical coming from a BU fan...let's get back to hockey here

TERRIERFANinLA
08-06-2014, 12:48 PM
Typical coming from a BU fan...let's get back to hockey here

you have not been around here long enough to know that I am not a BU fan.. the name is a mash up

BostonSoccerDad
08-07-2014, 06:53 AM
I liked the interview. Not sure why you think it sucked. Seemed good to me. Looking forward to seeing Nolan don the two tone blue.

I thought the interview was good too. Here is another one that was forwarded to me yesterday about Vesey being drafted by the Maple Leafs:
http://video.mapleleafs.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=628136&catid=-6

TERRIERFANinLA
08-07-2014, 02:34 PM

and fwiw, I absolutely love your .sig... as do most of us who work for a living.

BlackI
08-07-2014, 08:57 PM
I thought the interview was good too. Here is another one that was forwarded to me yesterday about Vesey being drafted by the Maple Leafs:
http://video.mapleleafs.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=628136&catid=-6

Thanks for the link! Reminds me of a Greg Moore type. I have a hunch this Nolan is going to work hard to make his own name in life. And I think he won't get anything handed to him under Red's watch. Watch what happens. I am convinced this red knows his stuff. This year will be the start of a progression, in my opinion, regardless of Lomberg. People may be surprised. I won't. I'd be shocked if Maine isn't at the Garden next spring. But, it takes work and it is too early for the hype, conjecture, and prophecies. But, there is a big shift in the "ilk" of the player recruited now versus before... just saying... :)

Ma#1ne Hky
08-08-2014, 02:55 AM
Thanks for the link! Reminds me of a Greg Moore type. I have a hunch this Nolan is going to work hard to make his own name in life. And I think he won't get anything handed to him under Red's watch. Watch what happens. I am convinced this red knows his stuff. This year will be the start of a progression, in my opinion, regardless of Lomberg. People may be surprised. I won't. I'd be shocked if Maine isn't at the Garden next spring. But, it takes work and it is too early for the hype, conjecture, and prophecies. But, there is a big shift in the "ilk" of the player recruited now versus before... just saying... :)All signs point to a Positive look for Maine,which was missing the last 4-5 years...Recruiting will be key,along with a hard working attitude...Hockey East is a way different Conference then the one 10 years ago...BC will always get there choices in players and look for BU to rebound back in the next 2 years...plus Providence/UML have joined in and will always be on the look out for top recruits with Leeman & Bazin behind their bench...and the rest of the Conference always seems to find players that make HEA one of the toughest Leagues around. Theirs no more the top 4 then the rest...seems every years theirs a team that comes in under the radar to contend or make life difficult for the top teams in HEA and around the College Hockey world. My only concerns to start the season is how the Goaltending will shake out and how this team this year makes out on the road...both will be what shapes Maine's season.

BBDiehard14
08-08-2014, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the link! Reminds me of a Greg Moore type. I have a hunch this Nolan is going to work hard to make his own name in life. And I think he won't get anything handed to him under Red's watch. Watch what happens. I am convinced this red knows his stuff. This year will be the start of a progression, in my opinion, regardless of Lomberg. People may be surprised. I won't. I'd be shocked if Maine isn't at the Garden next spring. But, it takes work and it is too early for the hype, conjecture, and prophecies. But, there is a big shift in the "ilk" of the player recruited now versus before... just saying... :)

I think what the "Rome wasn't built in a day" or "It's gonna take a while" crowd doesn't realize is this team is gonna be better than expected. We have a full year of Red's system under our belts. I'm sure guys like Hutton and Shore have a bit of a sick feeling in their stomach for losing four of their last five to end last season. The incoming freshman class looks pretty good. Like you said, I won't be surprised if we're at the Garden once or twice next season. Nobody is expecting us to do much, which is just the way any coach likes it. So long as Morris does fine between teh pipes, we'll be OK. With a bigger defensive corps, I could see us mixing in more of a defensive style to Red's aggressive style.

Nick Papagiorgio
08-08-2014, 12:16 PM
I won't be surprised if we're at the Garden once or twice next season.

Maine is just as likely to play in the Beanpot as they are in the Frozen Four.

BBDiehard14
08-08-2014, 01:03 PM

I see your optimism is high

Priceless
08-08-2014, 02:02 PM

Finally getting rid of Harvard?

Ma#1ne Hky
08-08-2014, 03:42 PM
Maine is just as likely to play in the Beanpot as they are in the Frozen Four.You can have your Bean Pot....the REAL Prize is the Hardware at the end of the Year....will Maine be there....maybe sooner then you think....and we well know you will never HOPE for that......

Pucknut
08-08-2014, 04:50 PM
All signs point to a Positive look for Maine,which was missing the last 4-5 years...Recruiting will be key,along with a hard working attitude...Hockey East is a way different Conference then the one 10 years ago...BC will always get there choices in players and look for BU to rebound back in the next 2 years...plus Providence/UML have joined in and will always be on the look out for top recruits with Leeman & Bazin behind their bench...and the rest of the Conference always seems to find players that make HEA one of the toughest Leagues around. Theirs no more the top 4 then the rest...seems every years theirs a team that comes in under the radar to contend or make life difficult for the top teams in HEA and around the College Hockey world. My only concerns to start the season is how the Goaltending will shake out and how this team this year makes out on the road...both will be what shapes Maine's season.

YES, Goaltending - Goaltending - Goaltending is truly the key to the 14-15 season and if one excels they will do well but if not......... The Gahden yes, FF ?????

BBDiehard14
08-08-2014, 10:55 PM
You can have your Bean Pot....the REAL Prize is the Hardware at the end of the Year....will Maine be there....maybe sooner then you think....and we well know you will never HOPE for that......

Or as we call it the crockpot

Runsub5
08-09-2014, 09:56 AM
It appears Lomberg is going to play for the Youngstown Phantoms. Coach Noreen welcomes him to the team after acquiring his rights. Best wishes to Ryan in the future. Here's the link in a BDN article.

http://bangordailynews.com/2014/08/08/sports/umaine-sports/umaine-hockey-player-transfers-to-une-ryan-lombergs-rights-traded/

Drew S.
08-09-2014, 10:03 AM
It appears Lomberg is going to play for the Youngstown Phantoms. Coach Noreen welcomes him to the team after acquiring his rights. Best wishes to Ryan in the future. Here's the link in a BDN article.

http://bangordailynews.com/2014/08/08/sports/umaine-sports/umaine-hockey-player-transfers-to-une-ryan-lombergs-rights-traded/

I really don't understand Maine's handling of this whole situation. Did Lomberg leave on his own or is he being forced out? It should have taken Maine a week to 10 days to investigate this and then they should have announced his punishment. I don't think there was a lot of mystery as to what happened. To let this drag on for months is completely ridiculous and I'm sure recruits have taken notice. It's incredibly disrespectful to the fans as well.

blackbearbandie
08-09-2014, 01:22 PM
I really don't understand Maine's handling of this whole situation. Did Lomberg leave on his own or is he being forced out? It should have taken Maine a week to 10 days to investigate this and then they should have announced his punishment. I don't think there was a lot of mystery as to what happened. To let this drag on for months is completely ridiculous and I'm sure recruits have taken notice. It's incredibly disrespectful to the fans as well.

It is ridiculous if we don't hear anything more from UMaine about it, but as far as I'm concerned he's still suspended from UMaine, which means they haven't cut ties with him until they let us know officially. Since he's suspended he hasn't registered for classes which means he's not enrolled as a student. Hopefully after August 11th there will be an official statement from UMaine to set the record straight because if they don't say anything else they ought to pay Lee Goldberg because apparently they use him now to speak for UMaine athletics.

amherstblackbear
08-09-2014, 01:25 PM
How is the university supposed to conduct (and conclude) an investigation while the formal investigation / legal proceedings are ongoing?

"Well, I probably shouldn't speak to you, Mr. Assistant Athletic director, because I may be called as a witness, but I understand that the wishes of hockey fans supersede the formal legal process, so let's do it."

Drew S.
08-09-2014, 02:58 PM
How is the university supposed to conduct (and conclude) an investigation while the formal investigation / legal proceedings are ongoing?

"Well, I probably shouldn't speak to you, Mr. Assistant Athletic director, because I may be called as a witness, but I understand that the wishes of hockey fans supersede the formal legal process, so let's do it."

It's actually not very complicated, all the administration would have to do would be to collect all the relevant facts(if people don't want to talk than just focus on what evidence you do have), decide if Lomberg is guilty of something, and if he is guilty decide on the punishment. It really doesn't need to be any more complicated than that. It's not just for fans, I can't imagine the team enjoys this dragging on forever. Also, how about the parents of the kids on the team? Whether Lomberg is or is not on the team is going to determine how much some parents have to pay for this upcoming year. I would have to imagine Lomberg was on a full scholarship.

You and others want to turn this into some sort of major event and it really isn't. Look at the facts, the DA isn't even going to try him for simple assault it is such a weak case.