Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    This is correct, IMHO. The process has to play out in court - which means people shouldn't assume one way or the other.

Yes. let's all take a deep breath here.

Comment

• Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      Does going to the USHL make any sense for him? If he did that, would t he only be able to play one more year of college hockey? We haven't seen this in hockey as much as in other sports, but if he went to Maine next year, didn't play hockey, and graduated could he in theory play two more years someplace else straightaway as a grad student?
      Unless things have changed, a student athlete has 5 years to complete a maximum 4 years of playing eligibility. The 5 year clock began ticking the day he first enrolled at Maine. Doesn't matter where he plays now or in the future. When the 5 consecutive years are up, so expires playing eligibility.
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
        College fights over girls happen every day. Personally I wouldn't blame Hamilton for being ticked off
        If a woman can't date without her EX-boyfriend getting justifiably ticked off and starting a fight, none of us would have had a date for the past 20 years. Virtually every single woman out there will have a minimum of one ex by the time she marries. Justifying that behavior from Hamilton and boys like him is Cro-Magnon thinking and has no place in a civilized society. I suppose I have to add: "IMO".

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
        Unless things have changed, a student athlete has 5 years to complete a maximum 4 years of playing eligibility. The 5 year clock began ticking the day he first enrolled at Maine. Doesn't matter where he plays now or in the future. When the 5 consecutive years are up, so expires playing eligibility.
        Can he play a year of USHL hockey and then return to Maine, suspension not-withstanding?
        bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
        SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
        All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
        A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
          ......... That's a thug. I don't care whether he's at Texas, Maine, or BC..............
          He arguably displayed thug tendencies when Hockey East suspended him (one game), for throwing an elbow at an opposing players head in a game this past season.

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
            Hell, Johnny Football hung out at strip clubs in Texas when he wasn't under center for A&M. Double-standard?
            Did he break a strippers nose or give her a concussion?

Are you for real?

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
              There's a disconnect here. I don't want to run out of town any kid who's ever gotten into a scrap. If he did kick someone repeatedly in the head . . . that's not an otherwise good kid who got in a scrap. That's a thug. I don't care whether he's at Texas, Maine, or BC.

I don't have any special evidence, and I'm not going to make any judgment here. I'm just questioning what counts as a "silly scrap." It's a legitimate question. $.02
              I was wondering the same thing.....what constitutes a "scrap"? Obviously, a broken nose and concussion is considered a "scrap" by many on here. Is a broken leg a "scrap"? What about paralyzation? Coma? Death? Where is the "scrap" line drawn?

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                Can he play a year of USHL hockey and then return to Maine, suspension not-withstanding?
                Yes he can. Some Harvard players did that a few years ago when they were involved in that academic mess.

Edit: I just looked up his status. He was a frosh 2 years ago and a soph last season, so he's used up 2 years in 2 years. He has 3 years left to complete his 2 years of remaining eligibility.
                Last edited by FiveHole12; 07-15-2014, 05:27 PM.
                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Red was just on the Big Jab (96.3 FM)

Incoming Freshmen: We're real excited. Guite and Leach did a terrific job
                  Lack of Size: I felt we could use a little bit more size. Good teams have more balance to them.
                  Growth of hockey: No question that as the NHL has expanded youth hockey has expanded in non-traditional markets. Players now come from the Carolinas, Texas etc. The best player last year was from Florida
                  Expectations: On July 27 all of our Freshmen will be on campus. Will work out with strength coach, the ice is available. Once we get back on campus, they get tested and we start off-ice training and starting September 15 we are allowed 2 hours a week of on-ice coaching.
                  Goaltending: We really like our keepers. What we don't have is experience. It's basically wide open. Players will tell us who is worthy of playing time.

No mention of Lomberg.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                    I was wondering the same thing.....what constitutes a "scrap"? Obviously, a broken nose and concussion is considered a "scrap" by many on here. Is a broken leg a "scrap"? What about paralyzation? Coma? Death? Where is the "scrap" line drawn?
                    Give me a break. Stop going to the extreme. You sound like an idiot. Nobody on here is condoning fighting. And if any of the things you mentioned happened we wouldn't be calling it a scrap. Just stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                      He arguably displayed thug tendencies when Hockey East suspended him (one game), for throwing an elbow at an opposing players head in a game this past season.
                      Seriously? Now you think he's a thug because he threw an elbow during a game. OMG why don't you and umhockey91 start your own thread. Call it everybody gets a trophy and we're all guilty until proven innocent.

Comment

• Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                        Seriously? Now you think he's a thug because he threw an elbow during a game. OMG why don't you and umhockey91 start your own thread. Call it everybody gets a trophy and we're all guilty until proven innocent.

Hockey players have thrown elbows since the turn of last century. The hit Lomberg threw wasn't overly vicious

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                          Give me a break. Stop going to the extreme. You sound like an idiot. Nobody on here is condoning fighting. And if any of the things you mentioned happened we wouldn't be calling it a scrap. Just stop.
                          Huh??? So no one's nose was broken and no one got a concussion? Talk about sounding like an idiot.......

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                            A team trophy would be great! It's been many years since they have earned one. Thanks TIMMAY!

Comment

Ease up on the name calling guys.......what are you, 7 years old?

Comment

Have you all seen the strippers in Texas.? Johnny Football is no fool. .
                                Now simmer down all you Nancies.... this too shall pass.
                                sure why not

Comment

Working...
                                X