Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

I guess Lee Goldberg Channel 6 in portland is reporting it now
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      I guess Lee Goldberg Channel 6 in portland is reporting it now
      http://www.wlbz2.com/story/sports/20...yers/12648173/

Comment

And then this was posted on Facebook:

Nathan Fournier communicated w/ Ryan Lomberg again this evening about reports of his departure from Maine. He said there is no change. Still believes he's a Black Bear. (I'm not sure whether he is leaving or not. He can't say a lot because he's dealing with the courts, but I get the sense he still is hoping things will work out.)
        Nathan is a reporter for Maine Hockey Journal.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
          Are you kidding me? "Political correctness" is not why you are NOT ALLOWED TO KICK A PRONE INDIVIDUAL REPEATEDLY IN THE HEAD. "Uber PC society." Jesus Christ.

The kid went to EMMC with a concussion and broken nose! What is he supposed to say when he got there? "Uh, I fell." The police have said that there is no way to construe that Lomberg was defending himself.

But really, let's let the hockey players just wander around Old Town/Orono like it's their personal fiefdom, kicking the **** out of whoever displeases them in the slightest. It would be too PC to allow them to do otherwise.
          Amen! A couple of posters on here sound like total pr*cks.

Comment

Well, it doesn't smell good. Like you just got in your truck and went 5 miles wondering what the doggy s*** smell is, only to find you got it all in the treads and on the floor boards.

Big hole for the next two seasons. Hopefully one or more of the following players are working harder to make up the gap... Merchant, Campbell, Cerratani.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
              Are you kidding me? "Political correctness" is not why you are NOT ALLOWED TO KICK A PRONE INDIVIDUAL REPEATEDLY IN THE HEAD. "Uber PC society." Jesus Christ.

The kid went to EMMC with a concussion and broken nose! What is he supposed to say when he got there? "Uh, I fell." The police have said that there is no way to construe that Lomberg was defending himself.

But really, let's let the hockey players just wander around Old Town/Orono like it's their personal fiefdom, kicking the **** out of whoever displeases them in the slightest. It would be too PC to allow them to do otherwise.
              First of all you know d a m n well that's not what I'm implying. I don't condone fighting and I certainly don't ever want to see anyone get hurt. My point is that every little thing in todays society (whether you view this as a little thing or not is irrelevant to my point) is analyzed, scrutinized and talked about to death. People are tried and convicted in the media and one's reputation is lost even if proven innocent. Every word out of anyone's mouth offends somebody. The list goes on. Basically Lomberg's career was ended at Maine for an accusation of getting into a fight. HE HASN'T BEEN FOUND GUILTY OF ANYTHING. Yet, people like you seem to know exactly what transpired and have already rendered your own verdict. If you were there and witnessed it, then my apologies. I guessing you weren't.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                First of all you know d a m n well that's not what I'm implying. I don't condone fighting and I certainly don't ever want to see anyone get hurt. My point is that every little thing in todays society (whether you view this as a little thing or not is irrelevant to my point) is analyzed, scrutinized and talked about to death. People are tried and convicted in the media and one's reputation is lost even if proven innocent. Every word out of anyone's mouth offends somebody. The list goes on. Basically Lomberg's career was ended at Maine for an accusation of getting into a fight. HE HASN'T BEEN FOUND GUILTY OF ANYTHING. Yet, people like you seem to know exactly what transpired and have already rendered your own verdict. If you were there and witnessed it, then my apologies. I guessing you weren't.
                You are right, you weren't implying it at all. YOU OUTRIGHT SAID IT.

This stuff has gone on forever and it's not a big deal!! As has been said, 15, 20 years ago you never would of heard of this incident. I can think of 3 examples...that I witnessed when I was at Maine, where hockey players kicked the crap out of some guys. Nobody went crying to the admn or cops.
                You also jumped to conclusions with what happened:

I'm sure it wasn't an unprovoked thing. Nobody just starts swinging on someone for no reason unless you're a psychopath.
                The only conclusions I jumped to were the ones from the police report. And, really, the only one I need is that the kid went to EMMC with a broken nose and concussion. I'm all for letting the judicial process play itself out, but I am also all for letting Lomberg cool his jets off the team until it does. He can do his own dryland training. If it turns out he's not guilty, come back with a fresh slate. But until then, he doesn't need to be representing the University.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post

CK is right on the money. Why do you think guys like Gronk and Johnny Football get criticized every time they're seen with hot chicks outside of strip clubs? Last I checked they were adults and can do whatever they want off the field, even if that includes getting drunk and going to strip clubs. But ESPN is turning into TMZ

Comment

So physical assaults are now being equated to attending strip clubs????

Only in America...........

P.S. - And who the hell is "Johnny Football"?.......must be some Chestnut Hill reject.

Comment

Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA
                      I really think that people like you need to be falsly accused of a felony and have the fictitious police report printed in the BDN... let the courts sort it out and then see what public perception is after you are found not guilty. THE BDN will NEVER recant. (What do you have to worry about, you didn't do anything?)
                      He's not dumb enough to break someone's nose or give them a concussion so that little scenario is a moot point.

Why can't people accept that not everyone is a "good" person? It's like when they interview family, friends, and neighbors of murderers........."he was such a good person".......never would have thought he could do anything like that"........"blah blah blah"........

Unless it was self defense........there is NO excuse for what Lomberg is accused of doing to that person. This isn't the Wild West........duels to the death are no longer permitted.

Comment

do the math... no felony charge even though everyone seems to "know" that there were kicks to the head??? something does not add up. a couple posters on here sound like total McCarth*-ites.... and i would rather be known as a pr*ck with reasoning ability than a knee jerk finger pointer, for the record.
                        Yet the Maine AD and Head Coach agreed that he should not be on the 2014-2015 roster. What a couple of a-h*les!

Comment

why do you jump to that conclusion? were you there?
                          Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
                          CK is right on the money. Why do you think guys like Gronk and Johnny Football get criticized every time they're seen with hot chicks outside of strip clubs? Last I checked they were adults and can do whatever they want off the field, even if that includes getting drunk and going to strip clubs. But ESPN is turning into TMZ

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                            He's not dumb enough to break someone's nose or give them a concussion so that little scenario is a moot point.

Why can't people accept that not everyone is a "good" person? It's like when they interview family, friends, and neighbors of murderers........."he was such a good person".......never would have thought he could do anything like that"........"blah blah blah"........

Unless it was self defense........there is NO excuse for what Lomberg is accused of doing to that person. This isn't the Wild West........duels to the death are no longer permitted.
                            So people aren't allowed to disagree? From what has come out, it sounds like Lomberg and the other kid didn't get along, they got in a scuffle, and the other kid came off second best. There has been nothing written about a bullying situation or some unprovoked attack. Like I said before, there is nothing I have read that suggests the police ever should have been involved.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                              Yet the Maine AD and Head Coach agreed that he should not be on the 2014-2015 roster. What a couple of a-h*les!

Yep and our 3rd leading scorer from last season to boot. I thought we wanted to get back to where we belong (NCAAs, Frozen Fours) but apparently not

Comment

well the police report certainly got the whole Hamilton and posse story completely wrong, why would they get this one right? and because he was not charged with a felony, i am sure that your story of "kicking a prone individual in the head" is way out of line. the police/state will charge what the evidence and the accusations allow for... kicking with a shod foot to the head is a felony... explain to me why the police chose not to charge this as such? please.

and for the record, I do not have a GUESS as to what might have happened between Lomberg and the unnamed other person, why do you think that you do? and once again, please do not say that the police report is "factual", it isn't and they never are.

Let the process play out here. But the process dictates that if you are arrested for assault, you get the court stuff sorted out before you are back on the team. Don't want to wait that out? Don't get in fights.

I want nothing but success for Maine hockey, but not at the cost of letting the players do whatever the hell they want off the ice. I'm sure Lomberg has his side of the story, I'm sure the judge will hear it, I'm sure the school will hear it, but until then one kid ended up in the ER and the other didn't.
                                Last edited by AMC; 07-17-2014, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X