Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BC Women's Hockey '14-'15: #SOAR

Originally posted by wwhyte View Post
    Great article in the Herald about the strong start to the season: http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/c..._season_17_0_1. They really have that "We practice against the best players in the country -- each other" talking point down pat, don't they?

BC Women's Hockey Continues Insane Run Into Break at Soaring to Glory on Fansided.
    Indeed they do...It will be interesting when they actually PLAY a game against SOME of the best players in the country out west

This was also an interesting quote for a midwestern elitist to read...

"“I think being at BC there’s always a target on our back,” Carpenter said. “But we’re not concerned with that. Obviously, trying to go undefeated in the second half is going to put an even bigger bull’s-eye on our back but I think we’re up to the challenge. I think we’re only going to get better with that added pressure.”
    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
      Indeed they do...It will be interesting when they actually PLAY a game against SOME of the best players in the country out west

This was also an interesting quote for a midwestern elitist to read...

"“I think being at BC there’s always a target on our back,” Carpenter said. “But we’re not concerned with that. Obviously, trying to go undefeated in the second half is going to put an even bigger bull’s-eye on our back but I think we’re up to the challenge. I think we’re only going to get better with that added pressure.”
      "Write this down, We gotta play 'em one day at a time. ... I'm just happy to be here and hope I can help the ballclub. ... I just wanta give it my best shot and, Good Lord willing, things'll work out."

Comment

Emily Pfalzer:

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/m_news.htm?id=745427
        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
          CAN'T WAIT

Merry Christmas to all

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Knight View Post
            CAN'T WAIT

Merry Christmas to all
            Omg Teddy you and me both.

I wonder if there is online video for U18s to help pass the time until the season starts back up?

Merry Christmas

Comment

I wonder if there is online video for U18s to help pass the time until the season starts back up?

Merry Christmas
              I watched the Gopher-Eagles semi final game again not too long ago. Good game, obviously better for Gopher fans, but it has two great celly's. Becky Kortum on her knees after she scored was great one. And I thought Alex Carpenter jumping up and down with excitement as she joined her teammates in a hug after the first BC goal was a great celebration also.

Merry Christmas BC_WHockey players and fans!

Comment

Merry Christmas
                you can always go back and watch the BC Harvard game again.

Comment

I'm not that sadistic. Those poor girls are still picking up the pieces

Comment

My understanding is that the game is no longer available to the general public. (Access is limited to trained therapists working with sufferers of chronic (there is a history) Conte Forum Phobia Syndrome.

Merry Christmas to all.

Comment

• Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                      I watched the Gopher-Eagles semi final game again not too long ago. Good game, obviously better for Gopher fans, but it has two great celly's. Becky Kortum on her knees after she scored was great one. And I thought Alex Carpenter jumping up and down with excitement as she joined her teammates in a hug after the first BC goal was a great celebration also.

Merry Christmas BC_WHockey players and fans!
                      Hah, I rewatch that game every so often too. Love the Sarah Davis board jump at the end. Minny was the better team but I think Skarupa was the best player on the ice. Great game.
                      Last edited by wwhyte; 12-26-2014, 10:19 PM.

Comment

That fourth goal, where Skarupa has four Harvard players on her but keeps the puck long enough to fire it out to Flanagan who gets it past a distracted Maschmeyer... delightful.

Comment

Originally posted by wwhyte View Post
                          That fourth goal, where Skarupa has four Harvard players on her but keeps the puck long enough to fire it out to Flanagan who gets it past a distracted Maschmeyer... delightful.
                          That goal is sad. You just feel sorry for the goalie. It's like one of those figure skating routines where the gold-medal favorite falls on a jump and the performance implodes.
                          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

You guys will be happy to know that the best freshman defenseman in the country successfully made it at least as far as the MSP airport on her way to the national team camp. I was in the seat right behind hers on the flight from Detroit yesterday. I did my best to put a curse on the rest of her season; we'll see how that goes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                              You guys will be happy to know that the best freshman defenseman in the country successfully made it at least as far as the MSP airport on her way to the national team camp. I was in the seat right behind hers on the flight from Detroit yesterday. I did my best to put a curse on the rest of her season; we'll see how that goes.
                              Funny, but neither Misses Miano or Harmon are headed to the land of a few thousand lakes, so I can't imagine who you "cursed."

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
                                Funny, but neither Misses Miano or Harmon are headed to the land of a few thousand lakes, so I can't imagine who you "cursed."
                                I believe he's referring to Miss Chuck Norris

Comment

Working...
                                X