Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BC Women's Hockey '14-'15: #SOAR

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    BC has such an embarrassment of riches that they don't even need a goaltender.

Who dat say they gonna beat dem Eagles?
    WHODAT!

Still tho it wouldn't hurt to have one of the G step up haha
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      Hm... I totally disagree. No disrespect to Skarupa but I think Carpenter is the better player (especially after the last year, she looks like she's only improved in her time away from BC). Now that Carpenter is the Olympian opposing players are going to key in on her in an even bigger way, I think.
      .... and you posted that before Carpenter stepped it up and won the game for USA.

Comment

God I am just so freaking excited for hockey. There's been *nothing* of interest in the sports world for months. Usually the Red Sox are my bridge to hockey through the summer but this year.... well, they're a bridge to nowhere basically.

Comment

• Megan Keller: the best D-man in the entire world or just one of the best? The bafflingly intense debate continues.

Comment

God I am just so freaking excited for hockey. There's been *nothing* of interest in the sports world for months. Usually the Red Sox are my bridge to hockey through the summer but this year.... well, they're a bridge to nowhere basically.
            Well there's something else we have in common: Red Sox and Twins are both cellar dwellers!
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Like ARM, I thought Skarupa was the more dangerous of the Carpenter-Skarupa duo during the '12-'13 season. I see Carpenter a bit more as a power forward and Skarupa as the slick playmaker. That said, Alex definitely upped her skating and her game last year while training and developing with the Olympic team so I expect both players to be even more formidable this year. It will be interesting to see if Katie keeps them together on a line or splits them up this season.
              THINK PINK
              BLEED BLUE

Comment

I think whoever the BC goalie is, will do fine. BC's defense this year will be very strong as will the offense, a good offense is a good defense.

Comment

Newcastle United is off to a lousy start, so I'm with you.

Comment

Don't underestimate the importance of a good/great goaltender.. typically at any level of hockey once the playoffs start games are won and lost on second chance opportunities. That is when your goalie must come up big! Games are usually low scoring and the difference between winning and losing often times is whatever team has the better player between the pipes!
                    Originally posted by sheagle008 View Post
                    I think whoever the BC goalie is, will do fine. BC's defense this year will be very strong as will the offense, a good offense is a good defense.

Comment

Maybe Keller can play goalie too?

Comment

WHODAT!

Still tho it wouldn't hurt to have one of the G step up haha
                        JoeGrav should still have some eligibility left. I saw him play in net over at Conte once. Played at the perfect level for you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by NUWH DogHouse View Post
                          JoeGrav should still have some eligibility left. I saw him play in net over at Conte once. Played at the perfect level for you guys.
                          Joe is the only goaltender I've ever seen who jumped vertically -- off his skates -- to attempt a save on a puck that never left the ice.

Comment

Dont understand why everyone is against Keller. I spoke my opinion about her being the the best incoming freshman defence-women.She was the only incoming freshman on the U-22 team and played very well better then some of the older girls. Mcmillen, Bender and Gagliardi were all scratched from the Line-up and Keller wasn't.

Comment

I think Illinois Dad must have a daughter who is a D in the same class
                              Last edited by bc6696; 08-25-2014, 03:11 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Don't think everyone is against Keller. I think some would prefer additional evidence before making a judgment. We mostly just call them defensemen around here.
                                Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X