This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin Badgers 2014-2015

With all the talk over the last few days on other threads regarding the 2014-2015 incoming freshman class, I thought why not just start a new thread? So here it is.....post away!!
    Last edited by rangersrule; 05-02-2014, 11:12 AM.

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2014-2015

Just 5 months!

Comment

Just 5 months....true, but let's not rush my camping and fishing season by just too quickly, though I was trip planning to Mankato a few weeks ago...but then it was still winter. Now it's spring, well, kinda. It's going to be some cold sleeping @ Kegonsa this weekend, but fun none the less.

ARM made a comment on the old thread about the possible scholarship situation @UW, I am wondering if Johnson was planning on trying to fill that roster spot or just pass out the TTC money to those on the team. I can't imagine there's any uncommitted players left for this upcoming season worthy of a full scholarship ability-wise.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Just saw on another thread that former UW commit Taylar Cianfirano committed to Quinnipiac.....Thoughts??

Comment

Originally posted by rangersrule View Post
          Just saw on another thread that former UW commit Taylar Cianfirano committed to Quinnipiac.....Thoughts??
          Rick Seeley >>>

Comment

Glad she isn't in the conference and having to face her 4+ times a year for the next 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
              Glad she isn't in the conference and having to face her 4+ times a year for the next 4 years.
              We Gopher fans can assure you that the feeling's mutual!
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

What a relief. I was worried she's end up wearing a maroooon and urine colored uni.

Comment

She will probably be a top three scorer for them so probably a good move on her part.
                  At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

I just finished my season ticket holder survey. Remember, folks include "bring the band" in your response.

Comment

Not sure if UW used the Cianfirano scholarship money to recruit another player. It is probably too late in the game to do that. Anyway, regardless of who isn't coming to the team it still should be a very exciting season in Badgerland! When looking at the current roster (including the 5 incoming freshmen) the team seems to be light in numbers on the blue-line. 6 defenseman including the 2 new ones -- Williams and Rolfes. If there are any injuries at all it could be a problem. I wonder if the coaching staff is considering moving a forward or two back to defense. Currently there are 15 forwards on the roster and the three new faces -- Pankowski, Wellhausen, and Clark will definitely push some of the incumbent players for ice time. A move to "D" for a couple of the veteran players who did not see a lot of playing time might not be a bad move for both the team and the individual players...
                      Last edited by rangersrule; 05-22-2014, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Not sure if UW used the Cianfirano scholarship money to recruit another player. It is probably too late in the game to do that. Anyway, regardless of who isn't coming to the team it still should be a very exciting season in Badgerland! When looking at the current roster (including the 5 incoming freshmen) the team seems to be light in numbers on the blue-line. 6 defenseman including the 2 new ones -- Williams and Rolfes. If there are any injuries at all it could be a problem. I wonder if the coaching staff is considering moving a forward or two back to defense. Currently there are 15 forwards on the roster and the three new faces -- Pankowski, Wellhausen, and Clark will definitely push some of the incumbent players for ice time. A move to "D" for a couple of the veteran players who did not see a lot of playing time might not be a bad move for both the team and the individual players...
                        Most likely the coin was used to retain the services of a current player.

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
                          Most likely the coin was used to retain the services of a current player.
                          What are you getting at here, someone threatened to leave if some $ didn't come her way?

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            What are you getting at here, someone threatened to leave if some $ didn't come her way?
                            Sort of. There were persistent rumors, some of which I heard from sources I'd consider reliable, that Johnson had found himself in a spot, thanks to medical redshirts, of having more players to whom he'd promised scholarship dollars than he had scholarship dollars to hand out and that one of the players who was getting caught in the squeeze had said that she would leave the team if the scholarship wasn't there.

If what I heard was true, it wasn't really a case where anyone was at fault. Johnson didn't mislead anyone; he just got caught in an unanticipated situation. And the player wasn't really making threats so much as saying that she wasn't interested in playing if the scholarship she had had up to that point disappeared.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                              Sort of. There were persistent rumors, some of which I heard from sources I'd consider reliable, that Johnson had found himself in a spot, thanks to medical redshirts, of having more players to whom he'd promised scholarship dollars than he had scholarship dollars to hand out and that one of the players who was getting caught in the squeeze had said that she would leave the team if the scholarship wasn't there.

If what I heard was true, it wasn't really a case where anyone was at fault. Johnson didn't mislead anyone; he just got caught in an unanticipated situation. And the player wasn't really making threats so much as saying that she wasn't interested in playing if the scholarship she had had up to that point disappeared.
                              Ok, that makes sense. I never considered the impact on scholarships of medical redshirts. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X