Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Oswego State 2014-2015 Thread...LETS FINISH THE JOB!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Oswego State 2014-2015 Thread...LETS FINISH THE JOB!!!!!

Hope this goes over well, we needed a new start/thread........I like the way recruiting has gone at this point,good to see players are still considering Oswego even though we had 31 players on the roster..I will post the recruits we have/know of in another post..
    Last edited by bakdraft21; 09-08-2014, 11:56 AM.

Re: Official Oswego State 2014-2015 Thread...LETS FINISH THE JOB!!!!!

This is what I have,let us know what else to add....

Alex D'oliveria Dman,6'2 205..OJHL Cobourg 2013/14 53gp 8g 40a 2012/13 55gp 7g 40a...committed last yr then played final yr in jr's
    Trent Durocher Forward 6'4 215 CCHL 2013/14 52gp 15g 10a 2012/13 64gp 18g 18a...Big Kid,bookend him with Waterst
    Mitchell Herlihey Forward 5'9 170 CCHL Nepean 2013/14 41gp 17g 20a
    Dave Ferreira Forward 5' 10 190 USPHL Jersey Hittmen 2013/14 44gp 9g 23a 2012/13 CCHL Brockville 58gp 38g 37a...looks to have been a Clarkson recruit,but hopefully made the better option and took the rd to Oz.
    Sean Federow D/F?? 6'2 215lbs..AIC 1yr..16gp 1g-2a-3pts..father Art played at Oswego
    Mackenzie Sawyer Netminder 5'10 185lbs 2013-14 split time in Nahl and USPHl with the NJ Hitmen dressed for 29games 13wins 3 loses with a 2.30 ga and 0.914 save %.
    Joe Davies forward from Alaska fairbanks D1,,9games 1g-2a..scored OT winner ..2012-13 SJHL 4th leading scorer 53gp 27g 29a 56tps
    Last edited by bakdraft21; 09-16-2014, 09:14 AM.

Comment

DIII, I think both Kim Swallow and PRod will get a shot,but if they dont produce immediately they will be wearing suits,its a hard call with all the talent coming back,but looks like Coach G is not messing around,4 recruits so far, and who knows what else is up his sleeve??

Comment

You may make it to Ridder, but walking out with a gold trophy is going to be difficult.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          You may make it to Ridder, but walking out with a gold trophy is going to be difficult.
          It always is, even for St. Norbert.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            Ok then we will skate out with it..yea not a ez task as we have found out in the many final 4's in the past,but ya gotta be in it to win it.

Comment

Platty pots another D1 goalie netminder,do we think Eddie may have 1 up his sleeve??

Comment

No I don't, and I don't think it is needed. Z lost his confidence a bit mid-season but he got it back for the stretch run. Gilbert will need to work harder for sure but they do have a couple of guys which now have experience. Platty needs to find an answer in their net with Cadieux gone. Finney was not spectacular in his action this season so you bring in another option who has at least been part of a college season and a Freshman to see if you get your answer. If someone who was a real stud was looking to come in I am sure Eddie wouldn't turn him away but I think he will go with what he has.

Comment

I'd like to see Eddie pick up a couple more guys. I'm not a fan of picking up 20 guys every four years and hoping the class is great. A little more distribution would be nice.
                  Twitter: DanMountSports
                  2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                    I'd like to see Eddie pick up a couple more guys. I'm not a fan of picking up 20 guys every four years and hoping the class is great. A little more distribution would be nice.
                    Well, I do have a feeling Ed will give the freshmen some wiggle room.
                    Last edited by DanyDOSU2015; 05-22-2014, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DanyDOSU2015 View Post
                      Well, I do have a feeling Ed will give the freshmen some wiggle room.
                      I know he did great with last year's class. However, I don't like rolling the dice and hoping those 20 gel into a great team. I'd like to see a few more guys before we have to get to that point.
                      Twitter: DanMountSports
                      2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

well I think we will see anywhere from 6-10 players not coming back/cutting themselves,and we lost a few to graduation,which will bring us to 20ish on the roster.Coach has 4 coming in that we know of and maybe a few more?? Yea not a fan of the HUGE class and hoping they get the job done,worked well but big gamble it would seem.Any ideas on an exhibition game ??

Comment

Based on Potsdam's schedule (Oswego hasn't released theirs yet), Whiteout weekend is the last weekend of the regular season this year. Platty plays in the CC Friday, Feb 20 and Potsdam Saturday, 2/21. Should be a wild weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by LakerFan99 View Post
                            Based on Potsdam's schedule (Oswego hasn't released theirs yet), Whiteout weekend is the last weekend of the regular season this year. Platty plays in the CC Friday, Feb 20 and Potsdam Saturday, 2/21. Should be a wild weekend!
                            Well, it just feels right that Oswego gets Plattsburgh for the White Out at the end of the year. Usually a White Out at the end of the year has playoff implications, which makes it fun. And judging by Brockport's schedule we get the chance to break Geneseo's heart on Valentine's Day and rain on their Senior Day parade as well.

Comment

Originally posted by DanyDOSU2015 View Post
                              Well, it just feels right that Oswego gets Plattsburgh for the White Out at the end of the year. Usually a White Out at the end of the year has playoff implications, which makes it fun. And judging by Brockport's schedule we get the chance to break Geneseo's heart on Valentine's Day and rain on their Senior Day parade as well.
                              I will go out on a limb, and say it is highly unlikely to rain on Friday, February 13 - snow maybe
                              Larry Normandin
                              SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                              WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Working...
                              X