University of North Dakota 2014 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: University of North Dakota 2014 Off-Season

Schmaltz, Parks, Gothberg all announce their return. Grimaldi is the last one we wait on, I presume.
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
      I never said a bad thing about the player himself. I simply pointed out how poorly researched his situation was. A simple Google search shows the kid wouldn't be eligible to come in when it was stated in article. Pretty basic stuff... and you're going to whine that I point that out?

Let me know when you put your big boy pants on. lol
      I'm not whining, I'm simply stating my opinion that you are a Gopher recruit jock sniffing jerkoff. Which you proving by acting like your usual smug self in this thread.

Have a great day.
      Last edited by Dirty; 04-16-2014, 02:59 PM.
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
        Schmaltz, Parks, Gothberg all announce their return. Grimaldi is the last one we wait on, I presume.
        That's really good news. As most people have suspected, keeping Schmaltz is likely a "two for one" deal, and hopefully it turns out that way.

Rocco's game really matured this year. His return to center and his terrific improvement on faceoffs was really nice to see. Obviously I'm biased but I hope he returns for one more season. He'll be a big difference maker for the team if he does. Hopefully Florida takes forwards with the #1 and the other early pick they have, and those players become the immediate attention of the organization.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
          I'm not whining, I'm simply stating my opinion that you are a Gopher recruit jock sniffing jerkoff. Which you proving by acting like your usual smug self in this thread.

Have a great day.
          LOL... whatever you say tough guy. haha
          University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Don't you guys basically worship that cheerleader from the Herald? Even he made it clear when the kid committed when he was coming in given his age (not for another season). Isn't that all the research you need? lol
            A better question is why the hell do you care? Don't you spend all your time on GPL going on and on about caring less and less about UND recruits and potential recruits because it doesn't affect your squad? Yeah, pretty sure I read that one.

Like, try coming on an opposing team's thread and not coming across as a total j a c k a s s next time.

And keep adding those LOL's. We are in fact, laughing at you.

Comment

Originally posted by sfo19 View Post
              A better question is why the hell do you care? Don't you spend all your time on GPL going on and on about caring less and less about UND recruits and potential recruits because it doesn't affect your squad? Yeah, pretty sure I read that one.
              Just reading a college message board. Since Shaw was recruited by the Gophers, it had a passing interest.

Like, try coming on an opposing team's thread and not coming across as a total j a c k a s s next time.
              Let me know when you own this message board. Maybe I'll play by your rules then. Since you don't, I think I'll do as I wish.

And keep adding those LOL's. We are in fact, laughing at you.
              Always glad to help bring a smile. Even to an UNDies fan.

EDIT - To you people who like to give out negative "reputation" remarks... do you understand how laughable that is to even bother? Do you think anybody really gives a crap about their reputation score on here? lol.
              Last edited by Hammy; 04-16-2014, 11:51 PM.
              University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                That's really good news. As most people have suspected, keeping Schmaltz is likely a "two for one" deal, and hopefully it turns out that way.

Rocco's game really matured this year. His return to center and his terrific improvement on faceoffs was really nice to see. Obviously I'm biased but I hope he returns for one more season. He'll be a big difference maker for the team if he does. Hopefully Florida takes forwards with the #1 and the other early pick they have, and those players become the immediate attention of the organization.
                They'll take Forward Jonathan Drouin. He'll play within 18 months or less of the draft. Kid is a stud.
                AF 99

Comment

They'll take Forward Jonathan Drouin. He'll play within 18 months or less of the draft. Kid is a stud.
                  He was drafted last year by Tampa 3rd overall.

Comment

Originally posted by Mills View Post
                    He was drafted last year by Tampa 3rd overall.
                    Excuse me, I meant Sam Reinhart. I need to not post so late.
                    AF 99

Comment

Comment from an outsider: I thought it was great that every time ESPN went to a crowd shot during the semis (and even the final) just about every NoDak fan was wearing the SIOUX version of the hockey jersey. What a great way to stick it in the NC$$'s ear. BTW, congrats on the strong finish.
                      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Excuse me, I meant Sam Reinhart. I need to not post so late.
                        Could you imagine their team with Drouin though? It would look pretty good on paper.

Comment

Hello! Providence College fan here that just got word that the Friars will be playing two games out in Grand Forks this year. I haven't seen a hint of a schedule from PC, and I believe that they're typically on the later side when it comes to releasing the schedule to fans. Would anyone have any idea when those games are going to be played?

I've heard from fans of other HE schools that your arena is nothing short of amazing, and I'd like to attend the games and start researching flights, time permitting. Also, if anyone could provide me with any considerations I should have if I make the trip to Grand Forks-- that would be much appreciated!

Comment

Providence plays UND October 24-25
                            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

EDIT - To you people who like to give out negative "reputation" remarks... do you understand how laughable that is to even bother? Do you think anybody really gives a crap about their reputation score on here? lol.
                              Rimbaud once left me a neg rep that said he hopes my daughter hops on a stripper pole and marries a huge black man, I thought it was pretty funny so even though I wasn't upset about neg rep the message was pretty funny and I still laugh when I think about that gem.

I don't think anyone besides the Tech fans and uaafandonald really cares about their rep scores but I think all the facebook, twitter, and uscho fan forum social media might be getting in your head. Are you ok? PM me if you're having suicidal thoughts I know a great counselor named Jim Poffa Bridge that has helped other gopher fans before, I won't name names but there's a reason there are less posters on the forum now and Jim is a big reason why.
                              "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                              Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                              The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                              Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by friarfan7 View Post
                                Hello! Providence College fan here that just got word that the Friars will be playing two games out in Grand Forks this year. I haven't seen a hint of a schedule from PC, and I believe that they're typically on the later side when it comes to releasing the schedule to fans. Would anyone have any idea when those games are going to be played?

I've heard from fans of other HE schools that your arena is nothing short of amazing, and I'd like to attend the games and start researching flights, time permitting. Also, if anyone could provide me with any considerations I should have if I make the trip to Grand Forks-- that would be much appreciated!
                                I hope you're able to make it. Most fans have enjoyed the trip.

I would say primary consideration will be where you will fly into. Your options are Grand Forks, Fargo and Minneapolis. Grand Forks is obviously the easiest, but you will also have the fewest flight options, and probably a higher cost.

The Fargo airport is one hour south of Grand Forks, so that's no problem. The Minneapolis airport is a pretty solid 4.5 hours away, which isn't terrible given the many additional flight options you'll have. Driving can be a problem in the winter, but you won't have problems in October.

I'd book a room fairly soon. They can sometimes be hard to come by, depending on what's in town. I don't think the football team is home that weekend so that will help.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X