PDA

View Full Version : University of North Dakota 2014 Off-Season

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Hammy
04-16-2014, 11:48 PM
A better question is why the hell do you care? Don't you spend all your time on GPL going on and on about caring less and less about UND recruits and potential recruits because it doesn't affect your squad? Yeah, pretty sure I read that one.

Just reading a college message board. Since Shaw was recruited by the Gophers, it had a passing interest.

Like, try coming on an opposing team's thread and not coming across as a total j a c k a s s next time.

Let me know when you own this message board. Maybe I'll play by your rules then. Since you don't, I think I'll do as I wish.

And keep adding those LOL's. We are in fact, laughing at you.

Always glad to help bring a smile. Even to an UNDies fan. :D

EDIT - To you people who like to give out negative "reputation" remarks... do you understand how laughable that is to even bother? Do you think anybody really gives a crap about their reputation score on here? lol.

MavHockey14
04-17-2014, 01:00 AM
That's really good news. As most people have suspected, keeping Schmaltz is likely a "two for one" deal, and hopefully it turns out that way.

Rocco's game really matured this year. His return to center and his terrific improvement on faceoffs was really nice to see. Obviously I'm biased but I hope he returns for one more season. He'll be a big difference maker for the team if he does. Hopefully Florida takes forwards with the #1 and the other early pick they have, and those players become the immediate attention of the organization. :)
They'll take Forward Jonathan Drouin. He'll play within 18 months or less of the draft. Kid is a stud.

Mills
04-17-2014, 07:55 AM
They'll take Forward Jonathan Drouin. He'll play within 18 months or less of the draft. Kid is a stud.

He was drafted last year by Tampa 3rd overall.

MavHockey14
04-17-2014, 08:05 AM
He was drafted last year by Tampa 3rd overall.

Excuse me, I meant Sam Reinhart.:o I need to not post so late.

Split-N
04-17-2014, 08:22 AM
Comment from an outsider: I thought it was great that every time ESPN went to a crowd shot during the semis (and even the final) just about every NoDak fan was wearing the SIOUX version of the hockey jersey. What a great way to stick it in the NC$$'s ear. BTW, congrats on the strong finish.

Mills
04-17-2014, 09:28 AM
Excuse me, I meant Sam Reinhart.:o I need to not post so late.

Could you imagine their team with Drouin though? It would look pretty good on paper.

friarfan7
04-17-2014, 01:00 PM
Hello! Providence College fan here that just got word that the Friars will be playing two games out in Grand Forks this year. I haven't seen a hint of a schedule from PC, and I believe that they're typically on the later side when it comes to releasing the schedule to fans. Would anyone have any idea when those games are going to be played?

I've heard from fans of other HE schools that your arena is nothing short of amazing, and I'd like to attend the games and start researching flights, time permitting. Also, if anyone could provide me with any considerations I should have if I make the trip to Grand Forks-- that would be much appreciated!

Dirty
04-17-2014, 01:09 PM
Providence plays UND October 24-25

cross cheque
04-17-2014, 01:09 PM
EDIT - To you people who like to give out negative "reputation" remarks... do you understand how laughable that is to even bother? Do you think anybody really gives a crap about their reputation score on here? lol.

Rimbaud once left me a neg rep that said he hopes my daughter hops on a stripper pole and marries a huge black man, I thought it was pretty funny so even though I wasn't upset about neg rep the message was pretty funny and I still laugh when I think about that gem.

I don't think anyone besides the Tech fans and uaafandonald really cares about their rep scores but I think all the facebook, twitter, and uscho fan forum social media might be getting in your head. Are you ok? PM me if you're having suicidal thoughts I know a great counselor named Jim Poffa Bridge that has helped other gopher fans before, I won't name names but there's a reason there are less posters on the forum now and Jim is a big reason why.

SJHovey
04-17-2014, 01:18 PM
Hello! Providence College fan here that just got word that the Friars will be playing two games out in Grand Forks this year. I haven't seen a hint of a schedule from PC, and I believe that they're typically on the later side when it comes to releasing the schedule to fans. Would anyone have any idea when those games are going to be played?

I've heard from fans of other HE schools that your arena is nothing short of amazing, and I'd like to attend the games and start researching flights, time permitting. Also, if anyone could provide me with any considerations I should have if I make the trip to Grand Forks-- that would be much appreciated!I hope you're able to make it. Most fans have enjoyed the trip.

I would say primary consideration will be where you will fly into. Your options are Grand Forks, Fargo and Minneapolis. Grand Forks is obviously the easiest, but you will also have the fewest flight options, and probably a higher cost.

The Fargo airport is one hour south of Grand Forks, so that's no problem. The Minneapolis airport is a pretty solid 4.5 hours away, which isn't terrible given the many additional flight options you'll have. Driving can be a problem in the winter, but you won't have problems in October.

I'd book a room fairly soon. They can sometimes be hard to come by, depending on what's in town. I don't think the football team is home that weekend so that will help.

Siouxfaninseattle
04-17-2014, 01:54 PM
Here's the '14-'15 schedule. Non-con games include a home and away with Bemidji, home vs Providence, at Wisconsin, Air Force (Hall of Fame Game) and at home against LSSU and Niagara.

http://undhockey.areavoices.com/?p=97637

friarfan7
04-17-2014, 02:25 PM
Excellent! Thank you guys for the feedback. I'll start researching now.

I hope you're able to make it. Most fans have enjoyed the trip.

I would say primary consideration will be where you will fly into. Your options are Grand Forks, Fargo and Minneapolis. Grand Forks is obviously the easiest, but you will also have the fewest flight options, and probably a higher cost.

The Fargo airport is one hour south of Grand Forks, so that's no problem. The Minneapolis airport is a pretty solid 4.5 hours away, which isn't terrible given the many additional flight options you'll have. Driving can be a problem in the winter, but you won't have problems in October.

I'd book a room fairly soon. They can sometimes be hard to come by, depending on what's in town. I don't think the football team is home that weekend so that will help.

johnnypohlfan
04-17-2014, 02:38 PM
Excellent! Thank you guys for the feedback. I'll start researching now.

Get your Olive Garden dinner reservation in ASAP as well. The prime slots tend to fill up pretty quick. :D

darker98
04-17-2014, 06:22 PM
Get your Olive Garden dinner reservation in ASAP as well. The prime slots tend to fill up pretty quick. :D
It's Erbert's and Gerbert's now. I thought you Fargo speaking Minnesotans were trend setters.

Bronzebacks
04-17-2014, 09:59 PM
It's Erbert's and Gerbert's now. I thought you Fargo speaking Minnesotans were trend setters.

Johnny Pohl smoker with another witty post....

goldy_331
04-18-2014, 09:31 AM

And you respond with half that!

Siouxfaninseattle
04-19-2014, 10:35 PM
Here's a 1998 commit. Early but looks pretty good.

http://undhockey.areavoices.com/?p=97646

Siouxfaninseattle
04-27-2014, 07:27 PM
Well. its the off-season isn't it?

http://www.grandforksherald.com/content/und-hockey-ralph-engelstad-arena-remodel-locker-room-and-more-offseason

MavHockey14
04-28-2014, 11:04 AM
Well. its the off-season isn't it?

http://www.grandforksherald.com/content/und-hockey-ralph-engelstad-arena-remodel-locker-room-and-more-offseason

It'll be interesting to see how many Sioux logos stay/are incorporated in the new stuff. I noticed that the logos are extremely prevalent in the "Through These Doors."

johnnypohlfan
04-28-2014, 12:21 PM

Are you bi-polar? Not that long ago, you posted this:

Yeah, no kidding! I could not imagine how intoxicated I would have to get to consider Grand Forks as a "fun town." Not to mention, the severity of the hang over that I would have to endure as I try to return to civilization.

But when I rehash a long-standing forum joke about Grand Forks, you go all childish on us and refer to me as a pole smoker. What gives?