Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Gophers Offseason Thread 2014 - Quick, Reload!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
    Largest crowd at the Xcel since UND graced it's presence for a playoff game, just weird since there is sooooooo much more to do in the twin cities.
    You're saying 4 professional franchises and a Div I University is common for an area of about 2 million? You remove further doubt with every keystroke.

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
      Largest crowd at the Xcel since UND graced it's presence for a playoff game, just weird since there is sooooooo much more to do in the twin cities.
      LOL!

Given UND's well documented history of miscreant behavior, it's safe to say that UND does nothing with grace.
      Last edited by Go4PuckFan2.0; 05-07-2014, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        You're saying 4 professional franchises and a Div I University is common for an area of about 2 million? You remove further doubt with every keystroke.
        This combined with the fact that Xcel's largest crowd for hockey was for a high school semifinal makes me laugh.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Re: Minnesota Gophers Offseason Thread 2014 - Quick, Reload!

RPI hockey blog Without a Peer's preview of Minnesota http://www.withoutapeer.com/2014/05/...minnesota.html.

I have no connection with WaP except as a reader.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            RPI hockey blog Without a Peer's preview of Minnesota http://www.withoutapeer.com/2014/05/...minnesota.html.

Cool stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Hopefully the content is still relevant a week from now

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                Hopefully the content is still relevant a week from now
                Every time I open this thread I say a little prayer. So far it's working...
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

As glowing as that sounds...it doesn't include this years additions. Its hard to compare Bristedt, but by all indications he should be a whale of a player. And Glover and Collins should be two dominating defenseman and top draft picks. There aren't many, but these guys should be exciting additions.
                  Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally Posted by Slap Shot

Sounds like Denver to me.
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                      Sounds like Denver to me.
                      No, Denver has skiing.

Comment

What do people think of this?
                        http://www.usahockey.com/news_articl...=753608http://
                        Last edited by Koho; 05-18-2014, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                          Agree 100% with what he says, with one caveat: most kids who play high school hockey do need more ice time and/or some additional skill development because of the relatively short high school hockey season. The Elite league, plus shooting pucks/stickhandling, is enough for many and still allows players to do different sports in the off-season.
                          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                            Agree 100% with what he says, with one caveat: most kids who play high school hockey do need more ice time and/or some additional skill development because of the relatively short high school hockey season. The Elite league, plus shooting pucks/stickhandling, is enough for many and still allows players to do different sports in the off-season.
                            I think it applies even more to younger kids. I have friends with 12 year old daughter playing multiple summer teams who hardly get a break from hockey, and sons 15 yrs old who play year round with little time for other sports. I liked Chrissy Wendels quote in the Bernstein book about her parents taking away her skates from April to Fall, so she had to play sports like softball and others, which looking back, she attributed to making her a more rounded athlete. She did alright for herself.

And even for HS players, I agree some supplemental hockey is good, like finishing the season in Juniors or other options, but year round isn't necessary or necessarily even healthy. And there seem to be a lot that play year round.

Comment

The 2014-15 Golden Gopher hockey schedule is out early this year.

Schedule subject to change. Game times and television schedule will be announced at a later date.
                              *One of this two-game series will be played on Friday while the other will be played on Thursday or Saturday.
                              **Series will be played Thursday/Friday, Friday/Saturday or Saturday Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                                No, Denver has skiing.
                                And that too
                                GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X