Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Gophers Offseason Thread 2014 - Quick, Reload!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers Offseason Thread 2014 - Quick, Reload!

From the quote speculating Rau returning..."the cards fell the right way for the Gopher fans" in the NC?????? I would be willing to bet most fans would rather have an NC in 2014 than Rau returning this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
      About as good with your wit there as you are with your logic elsewhere.
      I am done with it. You were often arguing different points than I was making in many cases or taking minor points to extremes. Not really reading what I wrote with the detail to understand my points (and maybe I wasn't always clear). But I would argue your misunderstanding could also be a failure in logic on your part to understand my points. Anyways, I think we agree on more than you think we do and aren't as far off where we disagree as you seem to think.

I appreciate the information you get by the connections you have, but I also don't go so far as to think that having that info automatically makes you the best at analyzing issues that are separate from the info. You seem to think it makes you correct most of the time. (I don't think I've ever seen you concede a point.) I am also stubborn, but recognize it enough to know we will never resolve the differences on this issue, even though they are more minor than you think.

And if you read back through with an open mind, you might see my sprinkling of comments about fruit/veggies, Scooby snacks, I mean, glass rating, etc. that I wasn't really taking it as seriously as I think you were.

So I concede. I was wrong that I felt a little disappointment that a player not from MN didn't get drafted because it would have been fun to say we had one more drafted guy. And you have convinced me. I am worried about the prospects of this team because we have way too many NHL type players on team, especially defense where another poster pointed out he thought it was cool every one of them was drafted. You win, and I am looking forward to a few years down the road when maybe the coaches can fill the team with undrafted 18 year-olds and we'll have a shot at an NC again. Then I can be happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koho View Post
        I am done with it. You were often arguing different points than I was making.....

You win, and I am looking forward to a few years down the road when maybe the coaches can fill the team with undrafted 18 year-olds...
        Um...

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          Um...

Hey...I admitted I was stubborn...

Comment

I guess I probably shouldn't expect a guy whose only source of information is scouring the web for articles to be embarrassed as passing that off as "evidence"... no matter how questionable the source of that material might be.
            Nice spin...but not at all surprised that you make things up. I never stated at any time that it was "evidence". Go back and read my recent post.

I've pretty much spelled out some of what was said already in various posts. I can absolutely tell you that no other prospect was ever singled out as having anything to do with what Rau was going to do. It was all about what Kyle felt about his own development, the pros and cons of staying/leaving, etc. He knows he has to compete with a lot of different players to make it. The general feeling was he was likely to return (family history, individual history, etc) but the process had to work it's way out.
            This is both comical and contradictory. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what Kyle Rau "was going to do", what matters is whether Florida wanted to sign him or not at this time. There was very little pursuit by Florida to sign Rau. Why? I contend because they had already signed Grimaldi in early May, a higher draft pick and a player of similar small stature (undoubtedly the Cats don't need another smaller player at this time) who plays with the same intensity and passion...only better. Not difficult to understand and not the kind of post on a college hockey discussion board that should invoke criticism to this degree. Unless of course your moniker is Hammy and your EGO is in need of a hug again.

It was all about what Kyle felt about his own development, the pros and cons of staying/leaving, etc. He knows he has to compete with a lot of different players to make it.
            Given your own words quoted above, THEN PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION: Why would Grimaldi's signing be "irrelevant" in Rau's decision making process IF he knows he has to complete with others? How dumb can you be and still breathe? Of course it's relevant!! But the best you can come up with is a generalized statement about Rau's decision making process cloaked in your typical lameass, condescending attitude. The fact is you don't have any SPECIFIC information that confirms your statement: "Grimaldi's signing is irrelevant to Rau's decision", AND you're too proud and stubborn to admit you're wrong.

Grimaldi's signing is irrelevant to Rau's decision. If Grimaldi was any kind of a key factor, Rau already would have made his decision and the school would have announced it. He'll decide after their prospect camp.
            Secondly, IMO your statement above is not correct for two reasons: 1) Rau stated emphatically he wanted to wait and assess his options, and would not make any announcement regardless of the circumstances until after camp, and 2) So you're expecting us to believe that if Grimaldi was "any kind of key factor" (whatever that means), Kyle Rau would just "throw in the towel" not even compete? No. And you are the person that claims to know what he's thinking? That doesn't sound like Rau at all.

And here lies the problem I have with you Hammy. As I stated last season, you hide behind your so-called "sources" and then at times conveniently embellish information on this site while demeaning other posters to stroke your overly inflated EGO. IIRC I called you out a couple seasons ago after you claimed information originated from your "source", when in fact you lifted it from a media source (which I found and quoted here on this site). Another Gopher poster (who will remain anonymous) here was there, read it and commented on the discussion and my response. But you conveniently disappeared without a response.

By the way, my source of information is... ManOfSteel7. A superhero that anonymously works in the U hockey office under a more human moniker.
            Haha... So monikers are always an indication of a person's character and credibility? Hmmm...let's see... "Hammy" = "a ham": an actor or performer who overacts. Someone who wants to be the center of attention.

(To others here, I apologize for some of this. I don't care to highjack threads with this type of stuff. I'll refrain from more and you can get back to discussing the team)
            OMG...what a load of BS. You've been seething with revenge since last season and you know it (but will probably deny it) when I told you you were out of line for severely overreacting and threatening me with violence over a post comment I made regarding your poor use of stats. IIRC you ran away to GPL for most of the remainder of the season.
            Last edited by HarleyMC; 07-12-2014, 04:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
              There is a simple answer to all this discussion guys, I simply put Harley Blowhard on ignore months ago. He types a LOT of words, but doesn't actually bring anything useful to the discussion. He spends so much time trying to insult other Gopher fans that I'm not sure he isn't a Whioux fan in disguise.
              Haha... This is too funny: "He types a LOT of words". goldy must spend a lot of time polishing his halo. Maybe goldy's taking this stuff a little too seriously and perhaps a little bitter because he can't win an argument. "Insulting other Gopher fans", you mean like name calling like you just did, right? "Whioux fan in disguise?" Wow...poor old man goldy, he's finally lost his mind.

You're a wise man. Advice taken.
              I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree afterall...

Comment

Do gopher posters fight more when they're winning or losing? Who knows... great summer reading though. Carry on you silly goofs...

Comment

Hey, all y'all:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axWsbQhNCs0
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    With only a handful of posters left here, if it weren't for the arguments, there would be nothing to read to pass the summer. No one else is carrying the weight around here but us stubborn, opinionated ones. I mean, even with the arguing, we are barely on page 14. And that is only because Myself, Hammy and Harley write such long posts. Give credit where credit is due. Would you rather be mowing the lawn? (Oh crap, I gotta do that too.)

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                      With only a handful of posters left here, if it weren't for the arguments, there would be nothing to read to pass the summer. No one else is carrying the weight around here but us stubborn, opinionated ones. I mean, even with the arguing, we are barely on page 14. And that is only because Myself, Hammy and Harley write such long posts. Give credit where credit is due. Would you rather be mowing the lawn? (Oh crap, I gotta do that too.)
                      Wait....I didn't just sort of agree with a Whioux fan, did I?

Comment

I mean, even with the arguing, we are barely on page 14. And that is only because Myself, Hammy and Harley write such long posts.
                        Each page is 20 posts no matter what?

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                          Each page is 20 posts no matter what?
                          Facts are superficial, I'm on a roll...

Comment

Glad I came in late to this, I can read all of the past posts. Reminds me of watching shows on Netflix...I can just binge read all of the past fun.

Comment

Anyone have any thoughts on who will be the leading scorer this year?

Comment

With only a handful of posters left here, if it weren't for the arguments, there would be nothing to read to pass the summer.
                                This board has gone way down hill over the years for a variety of teams. The discussions on this thread in the last week are a far cry (in terms of intensity) from what it was like back then. This stuff lately has been more like a calm walk in the park. Of course, I don't think they had the ignore option back then either so maybe that was part of it. Goldy's reminder was a good one. Block out the nimrods and keep the quality commentary in sight.

I apologize for getting on your case so hard. We can agree to disagree on that specific item. I suspect we agree far more than we disagree on the bulk of things.

I don't have major issues with getting some of the types you have discussed. I never have had an issue with that. I just wanted to see things balanced out so we didn't suffer the revolving door quite as frequently. It is clear the coaches have seen that need as well. They have made a major attempt to balance out the recruiting with a mix of prospects. I think we saw how well that worked out with last year's freshman class.
                                Last edited by Hammy; 07-12-2014, 12:44 PM.
                                University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X