Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Gophers Offseason Thread 2014 - Quick, Reload!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers Offseason Thread 2014 - Quick, Reload!

Originally posted by Koho View Post
    So everyone understand I am not criticizing the recruiting or predicting failure. Just made the observation I would be more fired up if he were drafted relatively high!
    If it's any consolation Koho, I get what you're saying. Nearly every college hockey fan appreciates a high draft choice which inevitably raises fan excitement and expectations for the coming season. You mentioned that's no guarantee of actual performance, there are exceptions and you're not criticizing Gopher recruiting efforts. I don't see anything wrong with that. IMHO all of the posters who are ripping into you for making a simple statement like that can suck rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
      I'm very comfortable with my sources...because they're right. Can your sources prove otherwise? But hey...keep padding your EGO here Hamster...maybe your head will finally blow up.
      Your evidence is a guy that writes under the moniker of DarkKnight5? That's your source and you think that is actually better? LOL!

You neglected to add this to the quoted statement you ripped from there:

I’ve been trying to educate myself in all aspects of his decision, but rest assured that my prediction is based solely on wild speculation and not on what the military calls "human intelligence."
      Harley... you've proven you are a joke time and time again. You've cemented it here. Bwahaha
      Last edited by Hammy; 07-11-2014, 02:31 AM.
      University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
        Your evidence is a guy that writes under the moniker of DarkKnight5? That's your source and you think that is actually better? LOL!

You neglected to add this to the quoted statement you ripped from there:

Harley... you've proven you are a joke time and time again. You've cemented it here. Bwahaha
        You conveniently missed my question: Can your sources prove otherwise? Or is this another one of your EGO trips?

Comment

Prove? Sure. They talk to the player in question. But they don't write anonymously for any fan based website so I wouldn't expect you to read it any time soon. LOL!

Nice try to shirk the embarrassment of your source of "evidence" though.
          University of Minnesota

Comment

Prove? Sure. They talk to the player in question. But they don't write anonymously for any fan based website so I wouldn't expect you to read it any time soon. LOL!

Nice try to shirk the embarrassment of your source of "evidence" though.
            No embarrassment here...although speculative, the article reflects my point which I think is valid, simple as that. But you haven't shown us any solid evidence to substantiate your flawed argument below:

Grimaldi's signing is irrelevant to Rau's decision. If Grimaldi was any kind of a key factor, Rau already would have made his decision and the school would have announced it. He'll decide after their prospect camp.
            I trust you've got SPECIFIC details from your "sources"? Let's see it.

Comment

• Hammy or DarkKnight5.

I know who Id pick as a source.It's not even close.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                No embarrassment here...although speculative, the article reflects my point which I think is valid, simple as that. But you haven't shown us any solid evidence to substantiate your flawed argument
                I guess I probably shouldn't expect a guy whose only source of information is scouring the web for articles to be embarrassed as passing that off as "evidence"... no matter how questionable the source of that material might be. The laughable thing is you quote part of an article that comes from a fan (and not even a fan that puts his real name next to his work).

I actually feel sorry for the guy because he openly admits he doesn't really know any of the logic behind Rau's thought process but you conveniently kept that part out as a self serving way to act like your opinion was validated. You throw the guy under the bus when he was smart enough to say: "rest assured that my prediction is based solely on wild speculation". At least he has enough brains to admit what he doesn't know... so he's one up on you there.

I trust you've got SPECIFIC details from your "sources"? Let's see it.
                I've pretty much spelled out some of what was said already in various posts. I can absolutely tell you that no other prospect was ever singled out as having anything to do with what Rau was going to do. It was all about what Kyle felt about his own development, the pros and cons of staying/leaving, etc. He knows he has to compete with a lot of different players to make it. The general feeling was he was likely to return (family history, individual history, etc) but the process had to work it's way out.

Of course, I recognize that you would rather have some newspaper article for me to quote from but most of what I discuss on these boards comes from interpersonal relationships and not the realm of newspaper quotes. So you'll have to deal with it.

By the way, my source of information is... ManOfSteel7. A superhero that anonymously works in the U hockey office under a more human moniker.

(To others here, I apologize for some of this. I don't care to highjack threads with this type of stuff. I'll refrain from more and you can get back to discussing the team)
                Last edited by Hammy; 07-11-2014, 08:48 AM.
                University of Minnesota

Comment

Welcome back Kyle! As great as this team is looking...the ladies should be even more dominant. Its a great year to be a Gopher.

The language doesn't help your cause...now or in the future.
                  Go Gophers!

Comment

There is a simple answer to all this discussion guys, I simply put Harley Blowhard on ignore months ago. He types a LOT of words, but doesn't actually bring anything useful to the discussion. He spends so much time trying to insult other Gopher fans that I'm not sure he isn't a Whioux fan in disguise.

Comment

You're a wise man. Advice taken.
                      University of Minnesota

Comment

Great to hear Kyle Rau is coming back for his SR season!

Would be nice if this was the norm and not the exception in today's college hockey.
                        Originally posted by CavalryNate
                        Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                          Would be nice if this was the norm and not the exception in today's college hockey.
                          Let's make it the norm.
                          University of Minnesota

Comment

But I have accepted the reality that I wear blinders to anything that undermines my thinking.
                            Fixed your post...

Comment

All the pieces are in place, even if they aren't all drafted. Scooby, did you break the 25% glass ceiling, or still being pulled down by that last game?

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                                Fixed your post...
                                About as good with your wit there as you are with your logic elsewhere.
                                University of Minnesota

Comment

Working...
                                X