Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Gophers Offseason Thread 2014 - Quick, Reload!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers Offseason Thread 2014 - Quick, Reload!

The Gophers have eight defensemen on the roster next season. All eight are NHL draft picks. Never leave us, Mike.

Comment

Did Bredstedt get drafted? (Too lazy to go through all the drafts.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Koho View Post
        Did Bredstedt get drafted? (Too lazy to go through all the drafts.)
        Nope. Collins (2nd - Columbus), Glover (3rd - Winnipeg), Johnson (4th - LA), and Ramsey (7th - Chicago) did.
        Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 06-29-2014, 11:23 AM.
        @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
        On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
        High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
          Nope. Collins (2nd - Columbus), Glover (3rd - Winnipeg), Johnson (4th - LA), and Ramsey (7th - Chicago) did.
          Would be nice to have the reassurance that scouts thought enough of him to draft him. Also, if he has an awesome year in the first couple, he has more reason to take an offer.

BC seems to be stacked with high draft picks and future high picks. Will be interesting to see if they get hit by too many early departures as many have been quick to jump on tDon for recruiting too many in the past. Tuch going to the Wild has to make fans there happy, as they are prospect heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
            Would be nice to have the reassurance that scouts thought enough of him to draft him. Also, if he has an awesome year in the first couple, he has more reason to take an offer.
            Supposedly only three players under 5'9" drafted. Sheehy in the same boat.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
              Relax....wooden sticks are making a comeback.
              I hope so. would love to get back to using my Kohos.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                Supposedly only three players under 5'9" drafted. Sheehy in the same boat.

how tall is Cammerata again?

Comment

how tall is Cammerata again?
                  About 5'7". I don't know how many under 5'9" were drafted last year, but I'm just saying obviously height was important this year.

Comment

About 5'7". I don't know how many under 5'9" were drafted last year, but I'm just saying obviously height was important this year.
                    I know, just saying if a player is really special, they will still take him. I don't know that the value of size would change that much in one year. The Rangers have some pretty small guys who did pretty well.....

Comment

I know, just saying if a player is really special, they will still take him. I don't know that the value of size would change that much in one year. The Rangers have some pretty small guys who did pretty well.....
                      Bristedt may have a better freshman year than Cammarata. We'll see. If he tears it up, he can still get taken in the next draft.

Comment

I don't see why it is a big deal. NCAA fans get too caught up in the draft stuff anyway. Kloos went undrafted too. I'll take guys like that any time.
                        University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

As the only undrafted Mr. Hockey since 2004, Justin Kloos is a full-on anomaly. This kid has a huge upside and why he's not drafted is a bit of mystery to me. Based on what I saw last season, Kloos has the ability to accelerate around defenders with elusive speed, has excellent puck and playmaking skills, and I think he's a natural goal scorer. Kloos had a better frosh season than Haula, Budish or Bjugstad, and nearly matched Rau's freshman season G total (18) with his 16 Gs. He had an excellent regional game against SCSU and was chosen Most Outstanding Player in the West Regional. He's on my list of players to watch this coming season.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                            He's on my list of players to watch this coming season.
                            You an NHL GM or something? Shouldn't you be watching every player on the Gophers?

Comment

You an NHL GM or something? Shouldn't you be watching every player on the Gophers?
                              Just...nevermind. Your gene pool obviously doesn't have a deep end.

Comment

So now we're counting them out if they don't get drafted? I only wish the Union players knew their proper roles last season.

Comment

Working...
                                X