Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNION Hockey National Champion's Off Season-U Believe it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNION Hockey National Champion's Off Season-U Believe it?

Let's keep this rolling.

Re: UNION Hockey National Champion's Off Season-U Believe it?

National Champions baby!!

Ghost is currently undecided, he will talk with his family about the decision. It is reported his mom wants that diploma.
    Last edited by UnionFan4Life; 04-13-2014, 08:55 PM.
    Union College Hockey
    2014 NCAA National Champions
    2012, 2013, 2014 ECAC Champions

Comment

Originally posted by UnionFan4Life View Post
      National Champions baby!!

Ghost is currently undecided, he will talk with his family about the decision. It is reported his mom wants that diploma. #stayinschenectadyshayne
      I honestly assumed that if we won NC that there was little chance of Ghost returning. The Flyers fans sitting behind me were salivating over him. I have to say that the PA announcer is going to have to do some work with his name. He was generally awful with his pronunciations of any name over one syllable, but his attempts with Ghost were comical.

Props to RPI AD for driving down from Troy to hand us our trophy. How sweet was that ?

Anyway, this is a season and a team I will never forget, at least until I can't remember anymore. Black and blue from pinching myself. The Garnet Blades banquet Thursday is going to be phenomenal. Can't wait to see the hardware. They'll need an extra room.

Comment

This is for the team: Union didn't have a hockey team when I attended and I never played the game but when Ned Harkness bought in to the new hockey program and Achilles rink began to fill, I was there. I was there when "U" hosted the D3 final four and I was there when RPI's John Carter ripped Union fans hearts out with a late goal to deny Union it's first win over the dreaded Engineers. I certainly saw many more losses than wins BUT it was fun, the boys played hard and there was no where to go but up. Now we're on top. Unbelievable,,, I want to thank every player who ever wore the Garnet. As the years went by the coaching and the players got better BUT...how do you get to the prize? Thank RIT in 2010 for making the Frozen Four, a surprise for sure and everyone at Union said...why not us? Thank the Frozen Fenway for inviting Union, another indication we were moving up. Most of all thank the players the last four years for getting it done! Thank you for coming to Union, for believing in the program. Look what you have done...you've certainly made a grown man cry, cry with happiness. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ufanbill View Post
          This is for the team: Union didn't have a hockey team when I attended and I never played the game but when Ned Harkness bought in to the new hockey program and Achilles rink began to fill, I was there. I was there when "U" hosted the D3 final four and I was there when RPI's John Carter ripped Union fans hearts out with a late goal to deny Union it's first win over the dreaded Engineers. I certainly saw many more losses than wins BUT it was fun, the boys played hard and there was no where to go but up. Now we're on top. Unbelievable,,, I want to thank every player who ever wore the Garnet. As the years went by the coaching and the players got better BUT...how do you get to the prize? Thank RIT in 2010 for making the Frozen Four, a surprise for sure and everyone at Union said...why not us? Thank the Frozen Fenway for inviting Union, another indication we were moving up. Most of all thank the players the last four years for getting it done! Thank you for coming to Union, for believing in the program. Look what you have done...you've certainly made a grown man cry, cry with happiness. Thanks
          Great post. That's all.
          Oh & congrats again U !
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Here's a video of Union hockey arriving at Messa rink today with the trophy http://youtu.be/R9salhjrQWw

Comment

Congrats to the Dutchmen! You played a great game last night, and pretty much dominated all the Frozen Four competition IMHO. Now, can we break up the team before next season?
              COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Wow! Too funny...

http://deadspin.com/minnesota-idiots...ium=socialflow

Keepin it classy...
                Your Mama loves the Q!

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                  Congrats to the Dutchmen! You played a great game last night, and pretty much dominated all the Frozen Four competition IMHO. Now, can we break up the team before next season?
                  I don't think that will be too hard as they graduate some important seniors (Hatch, Bodie to name two) and Gostisbehere most likely will be wooed hard by the Flyers. He has nothing left to prove at this point and is NHL ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Lodge17 View Post
                    Wow! Too funny...

Keepin it classy...
                    Bad behavior can happen anywhere especially when fueled by alcohol. There were also five arrests just off campus last night in Schenectady. It seems to be the norm these days.

Comment

Wow! Too funny...

Keepin it classy...
                      And every fan I know condemned those people. And even condemned the newscast: why the hell would you keep going back to that reporter? Morons.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Wow! Too funny...

Keepin it classy...
                        Mild Stuff ..... just letting off steam ..... police as a preventive force. Does not change my opinion of Minnesota as a classy program with classy fans. A little emotional at the loss, but that can be expected.
                        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Kuddos to all the fans from other teams who cheered for Union, it was great to see all the jerseys screaming with Union. Hope to return the favor one day (by one day I mean next year of course).
                          Let's go Union !
                          ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
                          ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
                          NCAA champion : 2014

Comment

Congrats Union Hockey. I remember when Union was a DIII school and then went DI. It was not a easy transition but you are now the Champs. Way to show your very old rivals RPI how it is done for their transition was the oposite. Way to put the small schools on the map and let the little guys know that it can be done with great coaching and great team players.
                            Oswego '88

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                              I don't think that will be too hard as they graduate some important seniors (Hatch, Bodie to name two) and Gostisbehere most likely will be wooed hard by the Flyers. He has nothing left to prove at this point and is NHL ready.
                              About the only thing against him being NHL-ready is his size. A good d-man in the NHL should be bigger than 165 pounds, but if the Flyers think he's ready, then I'm sure he'll get plenty of monetary reasons to jump.

After the PLUS-7 game he had on Saturday, I was sure Paul Holmgren and Ron Hextall wouldn't have let him leave the building.
                              Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X