Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNION Hockey National Champion's Off Season-U Believe it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNION Hockey National Champion's Off Season-U Believe it?

Some more on Gostisbehere signing:

http://t.co/Hr0DG5Ofkv

Comment

We are going to need another strong recruiting class.
      Union College Hockey
      2014 NCAA National Champions
      2012, 2013, 2014 ECAC Champions

Comment

Congrats to Shayne. Losing Bodie and Shayne will be very tough to overcome.
        LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by UnionFan4Life View Post
          We are going to need another strong recruiting class.
          Union has a very good class coming in, including two promising defensemen. The pipeline isn't dry.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
            I can't even imagine what a great night it's going to be at the Garnet Blades season ending banquet Thursday night. They are going to need an extra table for all of the hardware. I'm just wondering if they will have enough video highlights to fill the time slot.
            I made it to Lake Placid, Bridgeport and Philadelphia .... can't make the Banquet .... someone take notes and some video .... its going to be a wild one !!!!! Keli says the reservations are flooding in .... will try and make the golf tournament.
            DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
            DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchfan View Post
              In a completely unsurprising development, Ghost signs with Philadelphia. Congrats to Shayne and thank you for everything you have done for the program.
              Yea, not surprising, but it would have been great if he had stayed for one more year to go for back to back titles. All good though, Union will be great again next year. Good luck Ghost!
              Your Mama loves the Q!

Comment

Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post
                Union has a very good class coming in, including two promising defensemen. The pipeline isn't dry.
                It's a solid class of some older players. Guys that are mostly 20-21. I like Nick Desimone as a recruit. Also Connor Light is a big Dman. It's a class that won't get the headlines of a BC or Minnesota or any other big school but seem to be guys that fit what Union does well.
                QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
                https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

I haven't seen these posted yet. Here are Novak's two #1 plays on Sports Center's top 10

http://youtu.be/gGs3k-r5WmI?t=2m11s
                  http://youtu.be/NRIYaTN5bfo?t=2m28s

Comment

Union will contend for the ECAC title again next year. I expect they and Q will fall back 2-3 wins, and Cornell will stay about the same. The question is whether Gate has it in them to continue to accelerate and become the next dominant team.

From the Way Too Early Predictions on eLynah:

1. Uni 32
                    2. Col 29
                    3. Cor 27
                    4. Qpc 26

5. Yal 24
                    6. Drt 21
                    7. SLU 21
                    8. Clk 21

9. RPI 20
                    10. Hvd 17
                    11. Brn 15
                    12. Prn 12
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

We'll have a pretty good group of rising freshmen also. Taylor, Vecchione, Pontarelli, Eli, Henry, etc. along with a solid corps of upper classmen. We will be very good, maybe not NC good, but a lot to look forward to nonetheless. I think RB and our coaches shine with this kind of challenge. After all, this was expected to be a rebuilding year, at the outset at least. These seniors and Ghost raised the bar and the expectation level immensely. It's a great time to be a Dutchmen fan. Now if we can just get the salt dome renovated. Something tells me that's in the works.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                        We'll have a pretty good group of rising freshmen also. Taylor, Vecchione, Pontarelli, Eli, Henry, etc. along with a solid corps of upper classmen. We will be very good, maybe not NC good, but a lot to look forward to nonetheless. I think RB and our coaches shine with this kind of challenge. After all, this was expected to be a rebuilding year, at the outset at least. These seniors and Ghost raised the bar and the expectation level immensely. It's a great time to be a Dutchmen fan. Now if we can just get the salt dome renovated. Something tells me that's in the works.
                        Don't forget about Lichtenwald. Kid is HUGE. Needs to work on his speed a bit, but ****. Good luck moving him out of the slot.
                        Your Mama loves the Q!

Comment

Originally posted by Lodge17 View Post
                          Yea, not surprising, but it would have been great if he had stayed for one more year to go for back to back titles. All good though, Union will be great again next year. Good luck Ghost!
                          He gets to join Gopher Tom Serratore on the Phantoms although I'm sure Ghost will find the NHL before Tom ever will.

Comment

Gostisbehere signed with the Flyers? Now I feel dirty for rooting for him.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                              He gets to join Gopher Tom Serratore on the Phantoms although I'm sure Ghost will find the NHL before Tom ever will.
                              And also Kyle Flanagan, another smaller player, but also quite slick with the puck.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Union will contend for the ECAC title again next year. I expect they and Q will fall back 2-3 wins, and Cornell will stay about the same. The question is whether Gate has it in them to continue to accelerate and become the next dominant team.

From the Way Too Early Predictions on eLynah:

1. Uni 32
                                2. Col 29
                                3. Cor 27
                                4. Qpc 26

5. Yal 24
                                6. Drt 21
                                7. SLU 21
                                8. Clk 21

9. RPI 20
                                10. Hvd 17
                                11. Brn 15
                                12. Prn 12
                                First glance at that and I say no way Brown finishes 11th. Big loss to Union with Ghost leaving, but I can't believe he was even thinking about staying after winning it all. At 20 years old, that kind of dominating performance....wow! And to think Union could have had Jooris and Grosenick....my word....talk about a recruiting class panning out. As a fan of the league, would have been nice to see Ghost stick around but as an SLU fan - Thank God.

Any scuttlebutt on Stevens? I think he is the guy you don't want to lose at this point but have some potential to lose. Well, him and your coach.

I'll be surprised if Yale doesn't climb the ladder again next year and I am hopeful and fairly certain SLU will improve too.
                                9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                                1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X