Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All Things Denver XXXVIII: On To Better Days!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXVIII: On To Better Days!

Trevor Tierney rejoins lax staff as volunteer assistant.

Comment

Work continues apace in Magness Arena. This season's ice sheet is in place and all appropriate markings have been painted. Your four on-the-ice-sheet sponsors this season are: Prestige Audi, U S Bank, Pepsi and Ford. Lots of work still remaining to be done in the arena.
      sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Beau Bennett back on the ice and with the lead story on the Pens website.
        Bennett has been dealing with wrist issues for the past three years, dating back to his time at the University of Denver.
        He's more than ready to get healthy and move on.Bennett is looking forward to a fresh start physically, and with the new staff as well – although he’s already familiar with head coach Mike Johnston. When Bennett made the transition from roller to ice hockey at age 15, he played on the same team as Johnston’s son, Adam, while Mike was an assistant coach with the Los Angeles Kings.
        Paul Stastny featured on NHL.com's "30 in 30."
        GO DU !!!

Comment

Days
          Until
          DU's
          first game
          GO DU !!!

Comment

Top 100 Teams of the NCAA Era Tournament
            http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...era-Tournament

FS23 is running simulations for the round of 32's top 8 games. Ensure both of DU's remaining teams make the cut.
            #3 1960-61 (5 All Americans)
            #13 2004-2005 (3 All Americans)
            The whole list is on post 516.

BTW, it is possible that the National Champions '60-'61 Pios could meet those nasty Black Bears of Jim Montgomery's '92-'93 National Champions.
            Last edited by vizoroo; 08-15-2014, 03:32 PM.
            GO DU !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
              Top 100 Teams of the NCAA Era Tournament
              http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...era-Tournament

FS23 is running simulations for the round of 32's top 8 games. Ensure both of DU's remaining teams make the cut.
              #3 1960-61 (5 All Americans)
              #13 2004-2005 (3 All Americans)
              The whole list is on post 516.

BTW, it is possible that the National Champions '60-'61 Pios could meet those nasty Black Bears of Jim Montgomery's '92-'93 National Champions.
              Monty wouldn't beat DU, do he decided to join us. Smart man.

Comment

Originally posted by thedunker View Post
                Monty wouldn't beat DU, do he decided to join us. Smart man.
                I don't care what metric is applied or by whom: the '60-'61 Pioneers were the best club in college hockey history. They averaged over 7 goals a game for Chr*st's sake!
                2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                  I don't care what metric is applied or by whom: the '60-'61 Pioneers were the best club in college hockey history. They averaged over 7 goals a game for Chr*st's sake!
                  FWIW, the '52 RPI squad averaged over 8 goals/game. The '51 Michigan and '64 Michigan squads also averaged well over 7 goals/game. Of course, the '61 DU squad also only allowed an average slightly under 2.

And another fact about that '60-61 season that I'm sure you DU people will appreciate...the CC squad that year allowed the second most goals/game in NCAA history at a clip of 7.94 goals/game.
                  North Dakota
                  National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                    FWIW, the '52 RPI squad averaged over 8 goals/game. The '51 Michigan and '64 Michigan squads also averaged well over 7 goals/game. Of course, the '61 DU squad also only allowed an average slightly under 2.

And another fact about that '60-61 season that I'm sure you DU people will appreciate...the CC squad that year allowed the second most goals/game in NCAA history at a clip of 7.94 goals/game.
                    Don't get me started about RPI. I'm gonna have to act like a good winner when we beat them like red headed step children this year. Don't want to get Dr. Demento and Ralph on my case.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

Good posts Fighting Sioux and Old Pio.
                      Yes Old Pio, you and Fighting Sioux in the same sentences.

Comment

Did y'all see online that the Colorado Avalanche moved their pre-season scrimmage back to Magness? Sept 21 I think, at 11am. My old lady asked if I want to go; my only beef is, if it interferes with Football. 11am is a weird start, eh? Tickets on sale next week. Nobody cares about Colorado Springs.....even Patrick Roy said, get me the hell out of here. #CCsucks
                        Last edited by 32 Degrees!; 08-15-2014, 07:35 PM.
                        I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

Originally posted by thedunker View Post
                          Good posts Fighting Sioux and Old Pio.
                          Yes Old Pio, you and Fighting Sioux in the same sentences.
                          Just don't make a habit of it.

Comment

Women's lacrosse coach, Liza Kelly, may not have Bill Tierney's resume, but this year's recruiting class has Team Captains, MVPs, All Americans, an Academic All American, a Canadian National Champion (field and box) and an array of Conference and and all state selections. Maybe this will be the year the Pios will take out those nasty Gators and join the men in the Final Four.
                            http://www.denverpioneers.com/sports...acros-mtt.html
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

DU recruit Troy Terry helped Team USA to a bronze medal in the Ivan Hlinka Tournament with 3 goals and 1 assist.
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

Denver Hockey @DU_Hockey
                                Follow
                                RT @MikeChambers: @DUCoachMonty and @DU_Hockey staff gets ALS ice bucket challenge from players http://youtube.com/watch?v=SGslo2
                                saw this on Goon's World that blog devoted to the fka Fighting Sioux
                                GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X