Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All Things Denver XXXVIII: On To Better Days!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXVIII: On To Better Days!

Tickets are apparently sold out already! Hope some make it onto craigslist or Stubhub!
    University of Denver Class of 2010; Daniels College of Business International MBA Class of 2011
    Henley Business School 2014 Intake- MSc in Business & Management Research/Doctor of Business Administration

DU Grilling Society

"52 years isn't a slump, it's a tradition" -dubbie31

Comment

CHL News
      DU's Anthony Maiani forced overtime by scoring the tying goal with 1:14 left in regulation while Allen had an extra attacker on the ice. Allen wins in 2nd OT Series 1-1 Cutthroats heading to Texas for 3 games.
      Too bad Maiani isn't playing for Denver.
      GO DU !!!

Comment

CC Schedule released. Three interesting things

1) Lowering ticket prices due to problems being able to schedule enough home games

2) The light schedule prompted CC to book the USA U-18 national team for Dec. 27-28 with the second contest counting as one of the allowed 34 regular-season games under NCAA rules. None of the three home exhibitions this season count in the team’s record or in the Pairwise rankings.

3) A scheduling conflict with The Broadmoor World Arena affected the Gold Pan rivalry series. Instead of playing a home-and-home series against Denver in November, the foes will play a single game on Nov. 14 at Denver with three games in 14 days (Feb. 7, 20 and 21). CC hosts DU for its only game that weekend on Feb. 7 and again on Feb. 20. The Trans-Siberian Orchestra is scheduled for CC’s home venue that November weekend. Both schools had Feb. 6-7 open and preferred a single game, Ralph said. My question is does that single game on February 7th become an outdoor game at Coors Field?

http://blogs.gazette.com/collegehock...4-15-schedule/
        DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
          CC Schedule released. Three interesting things

1) Lowering ticket prices due to problems being able to schedule enough home games

2) The light schedule prompted CC to book the USA U-18 national team for Dec. 27-28 with the second contest counting as one of the allowed 34 regular-season games under NCAA rules. None of the three home exhibitions this season count in the team’s record or in the Pairwise rankings.

3) A scheduling conflict with The Broadmoor World Arena affected the Gold Pan rivalry series. Instead of playing a home-and-home series against Denver in November, the foes will play a single game on Nov. 14 at Denver with three games in 14 days (Feb. 7, 20 and 21). CC hosts DU for its only game that weekend on Feb. 7 and again on Feb. 20. The Trans-Siberian Orchestra is scheduled for CC’s home venue that November weekend. Both schools had Feb. 6-7 open and preferred a single game, Ralph said. My question is does that single game on February 7th become an outdoor game at Coors Field?

http://blogs.gazette.com/collegehock...4-15-schedule/
          Trans Siberian Orchestra!!! Are you sh*ttin me Herm? Spike Jones' "Cocktails for Two" would seem a better fit for that crowd.
          Last edited by Old Pio; 05-06-2014, 03:51 PM.
          2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
            Trans Siberian Orchestra!!! Are you sh*ttin me Herm? Spike Jones' "Cocktails for Two" would seem a better fit for that crowd.
            While TSO is not to my liking musically speaking, the group has performed in and around Denver [roughly] during the Thanksgiving to Christmas time frame for years. I'm told the group draws well in Colorado. That the group is going to play in The Springs doesn't surprise me. Frankly, I don't care if the DU-CC games are always played as home and home weekends. I understand the rationale for scheduling home and home series bewteen the schools, but if that were to change it wouldn't bother me.
            sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
              While TSO is not to my liking musically speaking, the group has performed in and around Denver [roughly] during the Thanksgiving to Christmas time frame for years. I'm told the group draws well in Colorado. That the group is going to play in The Springs doesn't surprise me. Frankly, I don't care if the DU-CC games are always played as home and home weekends. I understand the rationale for scheduling home and home series bewteen the schools, but if that were to change it wouldn't bother me.
              Yeah. They can bring that crowd up screaming with their rendition of "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer." My point is, although TSO may be capable of making an audience forget the kids at Interlochen playing Les Preludes or the Passion Play at Oberammergau, I doubt it would make much difference to the low fo-class-brow-IQ types who follow CC hockey. Unless we're talking about an all Ray Stevens program.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zseR3-pnXQI
              Last edited by Old Pio; 05-07-2014, 06:56 PM.

Comment

On laxpower.com, there is a DU forum. Please post some of your lax thoughts there. Hopefully it's all about lax thru Memorial Day. I went to the BET and we had as many fans as Nova and more then Rutgers. Great atmosphere and as it appears, we had to win the BET to get in the tourney. We have a great draw and hopefully can make a deep run.

Comment

Monty just added Joe Clark has one of his assistant coaches. Lots of experience including goaltending coaching. He was an assistant at Maine in 1991-92 when Monty was there and in 1987-88 before he was there.

Prior to arriving in Denver, Clark spent the previous 25 years as an NHL scout, minor league general manager and head coach, goaltending coach in addition to a decade-long stint as a head coach in Europe.
                  http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewAr...CLID=209491428
                  Last edited by du78; 05-08-2014, 03:28 PM.
                  DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                    Monty just added Joe Clark has one of his assistant coaches. Lots of experience including goaltending coaching.

http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewAr...CLID=209491428
                    Sounds like he's a good get, with a really varied background.

Comment

Originally posted by thedunker View Post
                      On laxpower.com, there is a DU forum. Please post some of your lax thoughts there. Hopefully it's all about lax thru Memorial Day. I went to the BET and we had as many fans as Nova and more then Rutgers. Great atmosphere and as it appears, we had to win the BET to get in the tourney. We have a great draw and hopefully can make a deep run.
                      It sure looked on the tube like there were a lot of DU fans there.

Comment

Sounds like he's a good get, with a really varied background.
                        Obviously the background as a goalie coach is most important. But with some experience as a sports reporter, he may be able to give the crack sports information department some tips.
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                          Obviously the background as a goalie coach is most important. But with some experience as a sports reporter, he may be able to give the crack sports information department some tips.
                          DU -1.5 goals over UNC. money line DU -180 UNC +140. Over/under 22.5

Comment

...the low fo-class-brow-IQ types who follow CC hockey...
                            LOL. Carry on, little man.

P.S. Nice to see the program has hired a Jackalope as coach...

Comment

Money line?

Originally posted by RogerWF View Post
                              LOL. Carry on, little man.

P.S. Nice to see the program has hired a Jackalope as coach...
                              Hope the Admin doesn't take this as a sign to make a jackalope the "official" mascot
                              Last edited by vizoroo; 05-08-2014, 01:27 PM.
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

Good info! I will place a bet this weekend in Vegas. I thought I read somewhere that the Wynn handles bets on college lacrosse.

Comment

Working...
                                X