Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All Things Denver XXXVIII: On To Better Days!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXVIII: On To Better Days!

Sounds like the quirks of the RPI may screw DU out of a home game for the first round. Too bad, I haven't been able to make it to any this year because of travel and other conflicts, was looking forward to a beautiful May day for an NCAA tourney game.
    University of Denver Class of 2010; Daniels College of Business International MBA Class of 2011
    Henley Business School 2014 Intake- MSc in Business & Management Research/Doctor of Business Administration

DU Grilling Society

"52 years isn't a slump, it's a tradition" -dubbie31

Comment

Pioneers still skating

NHL
      Beau Bennett--Pittsburgh
      Jason Zucker-Minnesota-Injured Reserve

AHL Playoffs
      William Wrenn--Texas
      Peter Mannino-Wilkes-Barre

CHL Playoffs
      Ray Miron President's Cup Finals
      Matt Glasser -Denver
      Aaron MacKemzie Denver
      Anthony Maiani-Allen

Skating in May
      2014 U.S. Men's National Team
      Matt Donovan
      Drew Shore
      Last edited by vizoroo; 05-04-2014, 12:32 PM.
      GO DU !!!

Comment

Women's lacrosse score at halftime:

Denver 10
        Stanford 5

Winner gets an automatic berth to the NCAA event.
        sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Women's lacrosse final score:

Denver 14
          Stanford 11

Leading the way for the Pioneers were Rachael McKinnon, Christa Reese and Kiki Boone each with a hat trick. The Pioneers win the conference post-season tourney and earn an automatic berth to the NCAA event.
          Last edited by A Shot and a Goal; 05-04-2014, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Congrats to the women's team for adding to the championship count this season.

Glad what I read was wrong, DU men open at home against UNC on Saturday evening. Should be a blast at Barton, forecast calling for high 70's that day.
            University of Denver Class of 2010; Daniels College of Business International MBA Class of 2011
            Henley Business School 2014 Intake- MSc in Business & Management Research/Doctor of Business Administration

DU Grilling Society

Comment

DU with a first round home game against North Carolina. Is it possible for those TV schmucks to be more in love with the Tar Heels? I kept expecting a stagehand to run on to the set with a bucket of water.
              Last edited by Old Pio; 05-04-2014, 09:49 PM.
              2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                DU with a first round home game against North Carolina. Is it possible for those TV schmucks to be more in love with the Tar Heels? I kept expecting a stagehand to run on to the set with a bucket of water.
                Luckily the committee (where opinions actually have impact) seemed to step in and override the RPI in DU's favor, as a 5 seed no less. Some projections I had seen put DU playing at 7 seed Virginia. A nice night in Denver sounds much better to me (though I have heard that Charlottesville is very nice).

DU Grilling Society

Comment

DU Lax in the Delaware bracket. If they beat UNC they play in Delaware on Sunday May 18th against Penn/Drexel winner
                  Last edited by du78; 05-05-2014, 07:04 AM.
                  DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Men's NCAA lacrosse tournament bracket.

Women's NCAA lacrosse tournament bracket.
                    Last edited by A Shot and a Goal; 05-05-2014, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Congrats to both lacrosse teams. I was at Crimson & Gold yesterday and the women's team dropped by to celebrate their win vs. Stanford. I'm going to be in Vegas during the men's lacrosse game vs. UNC, but I look forward to catching that game on TV while out there! It should be pretty crazy at Barton stadium. And a tough ticket to get, one would think.

Hockey-wise: Go Beau!

Comment

Pios ranked #2 in all of the Lax Polls today. Doesn't mean much as the NCAA tourney has already been seeded but does give some insight how the Lax world views DU.

http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewAr...CLID=209489810

For out of town DU Lax fans, this Saturday's game against UNC is on ESPNU.
                        Last edited by du78; 05-05-2014, 03:18 PM.
                        DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

After further checking and as recently as 4/28 Over The Boards is reporting Matthias Petersen has committed to DU for 2018.
                          http://overtheboards.net/spring-repo...sen-to-denver/
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                            Pios ranked #2 in all of the Lax Polls today. Doesn't mean much as the NCAA tourney has already been seeded but does give some insight how the Lax world views DU.

http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewAr...CLID=209489810

For out of town DU Lax fans, this Saturday's game against UNC is on ESPNU.
                            Depending on cable provider should/will be available on ESPNGo
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                              After further checking and as recently as 4/28 Over The Boards is reporting Matthias Petersen has committed to DU for 2018.
                              http://overtheboards.net/spring-repo...sen-to-denver/

Let's see if I can provide a translation: "The kid can't possibly be as good as he looks at such a young age. And if he is, let's hope he doesn't honor his commitment to DU. The Pioneers don't need a sniper who can find the back of the net from anywhere on the ice."
                              Last edited by Old Pio; 05-06-2014, 01:59 AM.
                              2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Ticketing site is overloaded this morning. Good sign for Saturday.

DU Grilling Society

Comment

Working...
                                X