Minnesota -- You've been challenged for the "State of Hockey" title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota -- You've been challenged for the "State of Hockey" title

Was looking at the USCHO home page this morning and I loved seeing three New York schools as the No. 1 team in the country in their respective polls.

Clarkson became the first Eastern Region school to win the National Championship for D-I women.

The Plattsburgh women finished off one of the best seasons in D-III history and perhaps can lay claim to the best D-III team ever after their dominating run to the title.

Union is ranked No. 1 on the men's side with Rick Bennett assembling one fine collection of skaters that play an impressive team game.

The only outlier is the mighty Big Green Machine from St. Norbert taking the D-III men's title. However, NY did have both Geneseo and Oswego in the Frozen Four...

Not bad for New York as it continues to try and battle the 3 M's in the hockey state pecking order.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: Minnesota -- You've been challenged for the "State of Hockey" title

Looking at the rosters Geneseo has 7 New Yorkers, Union has 4, Oswego has 1 and Clarkson had none. While those schools all had great years and are located in New York they only had 12 New Yorkers on the rosters. Minnesota, Michigan and Massachusetts are still miles ahead when it comes to the depth of talent, New York has some very good players at the top but there is still a sharp drop off.

Comment

NHL Players By Province or State
      Larry Normandin
      SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
      WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
        So, the last year these stats are available, NY trails only MN (and just by two) for American players. Interesting.
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Working...
        X